Blotted out of The Book Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those mathematical signs are for people who don't accept what is clearly stated in Scripture. Plato and the Greek philosophers or Jewish rabbis have their own ideas. But the Holy Spirit has revealed God's truth in His Word. You concept is clearly at odds with Scripture, so you might at well accept that.

Most words added to scripture serve the same purpose, i guess

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see your avatar just fine. Ha, I'd see it even IF it weren't there! You aren't going anywhere! Don't be mad, get glad :)

This is of topic...but I don't see any change with avatars...what did I miss?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
all the avatars are gone on my screen
now I have to go look for an answer
Maybe they've been blotted out of the book of life?
Blot out means:
1. The name has to be there in the first place.
2. It can be "blotted out"...erased...deleted...removed.

No name in the Book of Life.
No eternal life.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
all the avatars are gone on my screen
now I have to go look for an answer

Not for me...I see them all...they have always been there...must be something on your server or software malfunction. x x

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blot out means:

No eternal life.

Revelation 3:5 says that it will never happen.

A believer's part as in his inheritance in the city of God, can be taken out of the Book of life, but not his name.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

A believer's part as in his inheritance in the city of God, can be taken out of the Book of life, but not his name.
No JIF
You don't get to interpret scripture YOUR way.
The bible says what it says.

Names are in the Book of Life.
Names can be blotted out.
If the name is blotted out, the PERSON is NO LONGER in the BOOK OF LIFE.
No eternal life but only judgement.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blot out means:

No eternal life.
You would actually compare this forum with the Book of Life?
Mama mia, what planet are you from?
I guess I'll have to ask Dr. Who.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No JIF
You don't get to interpret scripture YOUR way.
The bible says what it says.

Names are in the Book of Life.
Names can be blotted out.
If the name is blotted out, the PERSON is NO LONGER in the BOOK OF LIFE.
No eternal life but only judgement.

Are we reading from the same Bible?

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

That is a promise from Jesus that He will not, no never, blot out the name out of the Book of life.

Go to this link, sister.

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/index2.htm

On the left side is a column of list of Bible books and numbers of chapters in each book listed. Scroll down to Revelation and click on the number 3 for the 3rd chapter.

Then the main upper page should be showing Revelation 3rd chapter. Scroll down to verse 5 and click on the two Greek words in blue "ou mh" and the bottom of the main page should show you the definition for those 2 Greek words below.

"i.e. ou - ou 3756 and mh - me 3361; a double negative strengthening the denial; not at all:--any more, at all, by any (no) means, neither, never, no (at all), in no case (wise), nor ever, not (at all, in any wise). Compare mh ouk - me ouk 3378."

That means He will never do that.. ever.. under no circumstances. Why?

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

That is the Father's will and Jesus's promise to us as our Saviour. That is His glory in keeping us as saved forever.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Are we reading from the same Bible?

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

That is a promise from Jesus that He will not, no never, blot out the name out of the Book of life.

The bible is not the problem...
brainwashing is the problem...
English is the problem...

HE THAT OVERCOMETH
HE SHALL BE DRESSED IN WHITE
and HIS NAME SHALL NOT BE BLOTTED OUT....

IF you don't OVERCOME
If you're not DRESSED in white
your name WILL BE BLOTTED OUT.

Go to this link, sister.

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/index2.htm

On the left side is a column of list of Bible books and numbers of chapters in each book listed. Scroll down to Revelation and click on the number 3 for the 3rd chapter.

Then the main upper page should be showing Revelation 3rd chapter. Scroll down to verse 5 and click on the two Greek words in blue "ou mh" and the bottom of the main page should show you the definition for those 2 Greek words below.

"i.e. ou - ou 3756 and mh - me 3361; a double negative strengthening the denial; not at all:--any more, at all, by any (no) means, neither, never, no (at all), in no case (wise), nor ever, not (at all, in any wise). Compare mh ouk - me ouk 3378."

That means He will never do that.. ever.. under no circumstances. Why?

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

That is the Father's will and Jesus's promise to us as our Saviour. That is His glory in keeping us as saved forever.

Sure he won't. IF YOU FOLLOW HIS CONDITIONS which I have CAPITALIZED.

And since you love Greek, look up, in the N.T. under JOHN in chapter 6 and the little number 40 where it says that the will of the Father is that EVERYONE WHO BEHOLDS THE SON AND BELIEVES IN HIM will have eternal life.

Follow your own instructions and look up the word BELIEVE in the Greek and then come back and report to us all what it means in the Greek.

And while you're at it, look up MANY DIFFERENT commentaries, not just the one that agrees with YOU that will be reformed... and find out what John 6:39 means too.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is not the problem...
brainwashing is the problem...
English is the problem...

HE THAT OVERCOMETH
HE SHALL BE DRESSED IN WHITE
and HIS NAME SHALL NOT BE BLOTTED OUT....

IF you don't OVERCOME
If you're not DRESSED in white
your name WILL BE BLOTTED OUT.

Only the Lord can help you to see the truth in His words of what He has helped me to see.

The "he" that overcometh is Jesus doing the overcoming for that believer in getting those things. In each address to the churches, I had missed this entirely as most christians have, but when it ends in addressing each of the 7 churches in Revelation with "he that overcomes".. this follows for those that did not heed the warning before hand. The rewards are not about those who live in the city of God, but represent Him and the city of God all over the world; hence those who come out of the great tribulation being resurrected to serve the King of kings.

If you look at all the overcome verses for each church, they all belong to the ones that get left behind in what they will be given for having Jesus overcome for those saints that did not repent before the Bridegroom had come.

If you want to look at them together with me or you can check them out yourself.

Sure he won't. IF YOU FOLLOW HIS CONDITIONS which I have CAPITALIZED.

And since you love Greek, look up, in the N.T. under JOHN in chapter 6 and the little number 40 where it says that the will of the Father is that EVERYONE WHO BEHOLDS THE SON AND BELIEVES IN HIM will have eternal life.

Follow your own instructions and look up the word BELIEVE in the Greek and then come back and report to us all what it means in the Greek.

And while you're at it, look up MANY DIFFERENT commentaries, not just the one that agrees with YOU that will be reformed... and find out what John 6:39 means too.

How do you deal with those who err and have their faith overthrown? 2 Timothy 2:18 speaks of one and yet Paul still calls even former believers to depart from iniquity because they still have His seal. 2 Timothy 2:19-21. If they wish to be received as a vessel unto honor, they will turn to the Lord Jesus Christ for help to see the truth and depart from iniquity. If not, then that is where the vessels unto dishonor comes from that are in His House as they are castaways; excommunicated from attending the Marriage Supper 1 Corinthians 5:11 .

Having trouble still? 2 Timothy 2:13 gives the promise that even if YOU should stop believing in Him, He is faithful BECAUSE He still abides in YOU. The consequence is there when any work of iniquity that denies Him ( Titus 1:15-16 ), they will be denied by Him as in 2 Timothy 2:12, but He will still abide even in former believers that gets left behind.

That is proof that He shall lose no one of all the Father has given Him but not every saved believer will be ready for the Bridegroom when He comes for why He will abide in those excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven, because they have His seal. There is no way any saved believer can lose that seal. Ephesians 4:30

There is no way the Father in heaven can cease to be our Father, even to those unrepentant saints left behind.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Only the Lord can help you to see the truth in His words of what He has helped me to see.

The "he" that overcometh is Jesus doing the overcoming for that believer in getting those things. In each address to the churches, I had missed this entirely as most christians have, but when it ends in addressing each of the 7 churches in Revelation with "he that overcomes".. this follows for those that did not heed the warning before hand. The rewards are not about those who live in the city of God, but represent Him and the city of God all over the world; hence those who come out of the great tribulation being resurrected to serve the King of kings.

If you look at all the overcome verses for each church, they all belong to the ones that get left behind in what they will be given for having Jesus overcome for those saints that did not repent before the Bridegroom had come.

If you want to look at them together with me or you can check them out yourself.

How do you deal with those who err and have their faith overthrown? 2 Timothy 2:18 speaks of one and yet Paul still calls even former believers to depart from iniquity because they still have His seal. 2 Timothy 2:19-21. If they wish to be received as a vessel unto honor, they will turn to the Lord Jesus Christ for help to see the truth and depart from iniquity. If not, then that is where the vessels unto dishonor comes from that are in His House as they are castaways; excommunicated from attending the Marriage Supper 1 Corinthians 5:11 .

Having trouble still? 2 Timothy 2:13 gives the promise that even if YOU should stop believing in Him, He is faithful BECAUSE He still abides in YOU. The consequence is there when any work of iniquity that denies Him ( Titus 1:15-16 ), they will be denied by Him as in 2 Timothy 2:12, but He will still abide even in former believers that gets left behind.

That is proof that He shall lose no one of all the Father has given Him but not every saved believer will be ready for the Bridegroom when He comes for why He will abide in those excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven, because they have His seal. There is no way any saved believer can lose that seal. Ephesians 4:30

There is no way the Father in heaven can cease to be our Father, even to those unrepentant saints left behind.
It's late here. I hope to answer this tomorrow.
I like to answer all posts.

It's not NO ONE.
It's NOTHING.
Jesus will lose NOTHING of what the father has given Him.
He will do all the work that is required of Him by God FAther.
The work that is necessary to raise everyone up on the last day.
The work of salvation.
John 6:39
Look it up.

Tomorrow.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

JIF,
I just caught 2 timothy 2:13

This is unbelievable.
PLEASE look this up.
It does NOT mean that God is faithful to us no matter what.
This would be in total conflict with 2 Timothy 2:12b.
Do you not see this?

God is faithful too HIMSELF. To His plan of redemption, to the promises He's made to those who would follow Him.

It's easy to find out about these things...you shouldn't listen to me.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JIF,
I just caught 2 timothy 2:13

This is unbelievable.
PLEASE look this up.
It does NOT mean that God is faithful to us no matter what.
This would be in total conflict with 2 Timothy 2:12b.
Do you not see this?

God is faithful too HIMSELF. To His plan of redemption, to the promises He's made to those who would follow Him.

It's easy to find out about these things...you shouldn't listen to me.

2 Timothy 2:18-21 is calling all believers and even former believers, still having His seal, to depart from iniquity. This is so that we hope they will obtain the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus which is to be received as a vessel unto honor in His House.

That being said, in 2 Timothy 2:10, the faithful saying as applied in 2 Timothy 2:11-13 is that if they do not depart from iniquity, as any work of iniquity will deny Him ( Titus 1:15-16 ), then they will be denied ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) entrance to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven as a vessel unto honor in His House, thus becoming vessels unto dishonor, but still in His House but no longer having a part in the city of God nor a seat at the table as they will become castaways to be resurrected later on after the great tribulation at His coming. Why would that happen? Because He still abides, even in former believers ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ) and He will not lose any one of ALL the Father has given Him to keep John 6:39-40.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's late here. I hope to answer this tomorrow.
I like to answer all posts.

It's not NO ONE.
It's NOTHING.
Jesus will lose NOTHING of what the father has given Him.
He will do all the work that is required of Him by God FAther.
The work that is necessary to raise everyone up on the last day.
The work of salvation.
John 6:39
Look it up.

Tomorrow.

The work is not being raised up. It is those who believe in Him that will be raised up.

The NOTHING is the ALL that the Father has given Him as that NOTHING is the IT that shall be raised up in the last day. What is that IT? Verse 40 describes that IT and that NOTHING as that ALL who believe in Him that is being raised in that last day.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Something that we CAN agree upon. :)

It is a rare thing to find people on Christian sites that can understand that truth.
Mainly because error about this is preached from most pulpits.
You made my day!!! :)

I have tried saying it 'every which way from Sunday'...but the blind cannot see it and their ears are dull of hearing.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Something that we CAN agree upon. :)

It is a rare thing to find people on Christian sites that can understand that truth.
Mainly because error about this is preached from most pulpits.
You made my day!!! :)

I have tried saying it 'every which way from Sunday'...but the blind cannot see it and their ears are dull of hearing.
You are splitting hairs which the scripture does not split. You are either in or out, don't make a mistake on that!