Blotted out of The Book Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been decided! I have not heard this before (names already entered, blotted out if not saved) it makes sense now- So, thank you @Enoch111 @"ByGrace" and anybody else who shared this new (to me) view ♥
There you go Nancy.
Now you've been swayed to believe something new.
Is it true?
Is it new age thought?
How many opinions were thrown in there?
I hope you consider these things before they go into the absolutely true file in your mind.

Reactions: Nancy

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about you but believe I'm saved always. I'm making zero plans to be blotted out of God's book!

As for every day;

2 Peter 3:15 KJVS
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Thank God I'm not judge. I'd have blotted out my name long ago. His love seems to get bigger all the time but I'm just finding that His grace is endless.

Scientists once believed that the creation, not their word, the was static. Just fixed. Even Einstein was locked into this belief. Hubble showed them that it was still expanding, moving outward from it's point of beginning.

When the devil tells us that we've done it this time and can no longer be pardoned we find that God is yet ready to forgive. Not that we're testing him but we have this built in flaw per Romans 7:

Nahum 3:3 KJVS
The horseman lifteth up both the bright sword and the glittering spear: and there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of carcases; and there is none end of their corpses; they stumble upon their corpses:

The 7th chapter of Romans speaks to Jacob the spirit man continually wrestling with Esau the man of flesh and Blood and Paul's perplexity.

How many of you have asked forgiveness for letting your mouth say things that horrified you? More than anything else we do I think our mouth, our tongue tries to destroy us.

Job 5:15 KJVS
But he saveth the poor from the sword, from their mouth, and from the hand of the mighty.

Once decades ago over a period of time I kept asking the Lord how many times a person could be forgiven. He told me that as long as they truly repented and asked for forgiveness they would receive it.

The only scripture that ever troubled me on this subject is this one;

Hebrews 12:17 KJVS
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

He was sincere in his repentance but to no purpose. Even though he was truly sorry and obviously sincere in his petition there was no grace for him.

Nevertheless I'm going on in belief that I'm still accepted in the beloved.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go Nancy.
Now you've been swayed to believe something new.
Is it true?
Is it new age thought?
How many opinions were thrown in there?
I hope you consider these things before they go into the absolutely true file in your mind.

You could not count the "absolutely true files I have had in and out several times :D Just keeping my mind open, not enough for my brain to fall out, just enough to be malleable for our King as He molds me.
All were opinions of course, with enough scripture to back or not back them. What would you say Sir Rollo-as I have yet to hear your pearls of wisdom. :)

Reactions: GodsGrace and Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody gets blotted out of the Book of Life
Like the virgins who weren't ready
God knew that
He never had them in the Book of Life
Like the guy who snuck into the wedding but wasn't invited
God knew that
He wasn't in the Book of Life
And many other examples

I've said this before
When people question their own salvation, they want to drag others down with them
It makes them feel better about going to hell

Reactions: LC627

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knew that
God knew that
And many other examples

I've said this before
When people question their own salvation, they want to drag others down with them
Either way, doesn't matter to me personally, I am firm in my faith...no questions there. But why does it even matter if we are all initially named in this book and "blotted" out if not accepting Jesus or if our names do not appear there until we accept Him...Meh-God know who will and who wont...JMO

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Either way, doesn't matter to me personally, I am firm in my faith...no questions there. But why does it even matter if we are all initially named in this book and "blotted" out if not accepting Jesus or if our names do not appear there until we accept Him...Meh-God know who will and who wont...JMO

Except for the major faith positions concerning the love of God, the perfect sacrifice, redemption, resurrection , etc etc...I agree with you.
We can talk about the "other stuff" agree or disagree...discuss them...but like you say...most things I 'have an opinion about ' but there is not much that is a 'beach worth dying upon.'

Because of the wording in scripture , it doesn't seem to me that when someone gets saved they then get "written in" ...the scripture talks much more about being "blotted out".
After all...we speak about a baby or child as - " coming to the age of accountability"....well...are they not already IN until the moment of choice is presented ?
To me it is a no brainer. :)

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter to those of us who know we are saved.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for the major faith positions concerning the love of God, the perfect sacrifice, redemption, resurrection , etc etc...I agree with you.
We can talk about the "other stuff" agree or disagree...discuss them...but like you say...most things I 'have an opinion about ' but there is not much that is a 'beach worth dying upon.'

Because of the wording in scripture , it doesn't seem to me that when someone gets saved they then get "written in" ...the scripture talks much more about being "blotted out".
After all...we speak about a baby or child as - " coming to the age of accountability"....well...are they not already IN until the moment of choice is presented ?
To me it is a no brainer. :)

"Except for the major faith positions concerning the love of God, the perfect sacrifice, redemption, resurrection , etc etc...I agree with you." You and I DO agree on those things! I'm sure I screwed up the lines of communication here...been doing that a whole lot lately :confused: I am not reading the WHOLE post, I apologize, I am getting lazy about it as it is all I have to do right now...I will get that oxygen back to the ole cranium in about 2 weeks! lol

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Except for the major faith positions concerning the love of God, the perfect sacrifice, redemption, resurrection , etc etc...I agree with you." You and I DO agree on those things! I'm sure I screwed up the lines of communication here...been doing that a whole lot lately :confused: I am not reading the WHOLE post, I apologize, I am getting lazy about it as it is all I have to do right now...I will get that oxygen back to the ole cranium in about 2 weeks! lol

Eeew...just look at all those I, ME, and MY's in this post----owie-I hate that! Sounds so SELFish.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since the Bible speaks of people being blotted out of the Book of Life, you are contradicting the Bible here.

Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book. (Exod 32:32,33).

Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. (Psa 69:27,28)

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.(Rev 3:5)

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev 13:8)

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. (Rev 17:8)

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works... And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Rev 20:12,15)

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Rev 21:27)

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Bible speaks of people being blotted out of the Book of Life, you are contradicting the Bible here.

Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book. (Exod 32:32,33).

Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. (Psa 69:27,28)

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.(Rev 3:5)

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev 13:8)

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. (Rev 17:8)

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works... And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Rev 20:12,15)

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Rev 21:27)
You always make things easy for me.
Exodus 32:33 with God speaking does not apply to the church.
As Christians we are forgiven our sins, no chance to be blotted out of anything.
All other passages you use are assumptions on your part.
You should know by now I don't deal in assumptions.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always make things easy for me.
Exodus 32:33 with God speaking does not apply to the church.
As Christians we are forgiven our sins, no chance to be blotted out of anything.
All other passages you use are assumptions on your part.
You should know by now I don't deal in assumptions.

"You should know by now I don't deal in assumptions." No, you just deal in presumptions --- Hahahaha---♥ u bro!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there is an instance recorded in Scripture where Peter seemed to be a hypocrite and was rebuke by Paul (Gal 2:11-14). No one would dare say that Peter became "unsaved" at that point, and then suddenly recovered his salvation.
Why would no one dare say? Because he was Peter? That is a wrong reason. Why should we not consider why God had the story of Peter included in scriptures in the first place?

God also has King Saul placed in scriptures as one who repeatedly, from what we read, walked along his selfish way. Was he lost in the end? We could speculate, but what do we know? God knows.

We can read the differences between Peter or David and King Saul, but who but God knows the ultimate end for each of them. Yet, we will speak about the final end of other people or of ourselves as if we were God who foreknows it all.

Perhaps some of us may be allowed to know our final end, but I really doubt that would usually serves God's purpose in putting here in the first place.
The reason many Christians cannot bring themselves to believe in the eternal security of the believer (commonly called OSAS) is because (1) they do not see salvation from God's viewpoint and (2) they do not fully grasp the fulness of salvation, and the many facets of salvation, which prevent any Christian from losing their salvation.
"They do not see salvation from God's viewpoint"? And without God's mind all of the time in its fullness how would you or anyone really know His viewpoint? He inspired Apostle Paul to write:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Paul included himself in that "we" at the time he wrote. He did not yet see "face to face". Do you? I certainly do not although I believe that my vision has been improved since I was first able to perceive Light.

We are certainly to believe, but that is of faith, is it not? And faith is what?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

So then believe that you have God's salvation and act on the faith according to God's Word to the end of your course then you will make it to end with Him, but if your belief falters...?

Apparently Apostle Paul recognized his end was upon him when he wrote this:

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" II Tim 4:6-7

But who of us here on this forum has already finished his course or knows that the end almost immediately at hand?

While we are living by faith rather than knowledge then we have to stand on that faith, but to presume it is knowledge is to presume something that Paul and the other writers of the scriptures did not presume from what I am able to understand or to see. The end of faith is coming, but for us, most of us anyway, it is not yet.

The fact that God predestines believers for glorification is sufficient proof of the eternal security of the believers
. Study Romans 8. Salvation is of the LORD.

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Who are they then that are included among the many brethren that God foreknew and predestinated? He knew and knows, but we do not no matter what we believe for belief it is and not knowledge. Where and what is the end of faith?

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2

The finisher of our faith indeed and in the end as Paul wrote the "then face to face" [I Cor 13:12] is not yet. It is still "as through a glass darkly".

A problem I see is that people often talk about being saved already and that what they have will not be lost. The end for each of us is already known by God from the beginning, but from our beginning it is certainly not known by us. When we are born naturally we probably don't know much of anything at all. Our body simply acts or reacts according to what God put in each of us for that purpose.

So then one man goes to a church setting and sincerely from his heart recites certain words and as many or most or all of those standing around him confirms he is now "saved".

Then another man with similar initial commitment and confirmation by those around him... sooner or later moves back toward the vomit where he started. Of him they will then say, "He was never really saved at all".

If we really know the mind of God and are able to put it into words, then, yes, he really was never saved, but why is he different than the other guy who never retreated from his first confession but rather moved deeper and closer to and into the things of God?

The words "I am saved" can be troublesome. We certainly mean I have encountered Christ and intend to walk with Him from now on... but when we don't then someone wants to throw it back in our face almost with "I told you so" but they did not really. What they did with their confirmation that he was finally saved when they witnessed his recital of the right words was effectively lie to him. "Say these words and your salvation is guaranteed".

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged" Rom 3:4

That is us! We are all liars when we say that something is true and it is only what we believe and we turn out to be wrong. Intentional or not it is still a lie.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
God knew that
God knew that
And many other examples

I've said this before
Are you saying that persons who do not believe in eternal security
are not sure of their salvation??
What are you saying?

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
How can one be?
If you don't believe you are eternal saved, then what are you?
ON the 2 year plan?
I believe a person can lose their salvation.
If they return to a life of sin the Holy Spirit cannot dwell within them.
They are free to do so. Belief in free will is very important to Christianity.

If a person abandons God, for whatever reason, they have lost their faith and they have lost their salvation. If one doesn't believe in God, how do they go to be with God?

I can know that I'm saved right now. How can I be sure I'll be saved 10 years from now? It's not a knowable fact. I'll be saved if I persevere.

Galatians 6:9
James 1:12
Hebrews 6:11

and so many more verses that show we have to persevere and be in union with Jesus at the end of life.

Walking down the isle one time does not save us forever.
We're free to accept God, and we're free to leave Him.

If the N.T. speaks to this possibility, it means that it does exist.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe a person can lose their salvation.
If they return to a life of sin the Holy Spirit cannot dwell within them.
They are free to do so. Belief in free will is very important to Christianity.

If a person abandons God, for whatever reason, they have lost their faith and they have lost their salvation. If one doesn't believe in God, how do they go to be with God?

I can know that I'm saved right now. How can I be sure I'll be saved 10 years from now? It's not a knowable fact. I'll be saved if I persevere.

Galatians 6:9
James 1:12
Hebrews 6:11

and so many more verses that show we have to persevere and be in union with Jesus at the end of life.

Walking down the isle one time does not save us forever.
We're free to accept God, and we're free to leave Him.

If the N.T. speaks to this possibility, it means that it does exist.
So you believe in good works salvation.
What you've just stated
"If I do this, if I do that..."
Salvation is based on what you do, not what Jesus has already done.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
So you believe in good works salvation.
What you've just stated
If I do this, if I do that...
Salvation is based on what you do, not what Jesus has already done.
Rollo,
There's no such thing as works salvation.
I don't know anybody on this forum that believes in works saving them.
God does want us to do good works AFTER we're saved...He certainly doesn't want us to do evil works.

Salvation has always been based on faith. Even in the O.T. -- you know this.
So what I'm saying is that if we have faith.....we're saved.
If we don't have faith.....we're not saved.
If we lose faith..........we're not saved.

You believe if we're saved we will never leave God.
But Paul makes provision for this, which must mean that it CAN happen.
What about Hebrews 6:4-6?
What about 2 Peter 2:20?