Blotted out of The Book Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus says He never knew them, not that He did know them and they later fell away.
1 John 3:9 - No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
Are you saying you never sin??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Quoting the OT to prove OSAS is false is sloppy exegesis. Try using the NT after Pentecost and the seal of God placed on believers Acts 2:1-4, Eph 1:13-14. Even though you're wasting your time go ahead and try. God bless.
Was God not around before Pentecost?
Not only was He present, but there is only One God and He never changes.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Everyone sins, Christians do not make the practice of sinning and living a willing life of sin nor desire the life of sin
Then why post 1john 3:9?
And if you post it, you should explain it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Lake of Fire was about ceasing to exist, then it would not even be there. Jesus clearly said that Hell (the Lake of Fire) was created for the devil and his angels. And they will be tormented day and night forever.
The word "forever" in Greek is "aionios" (in Hebrew is "olan"),which means:
  • undefined but not endless (we can't say how long, but it will eventually end)
  • undefined because endless (we can't say how long because it will never end)
Any Hebrew or Greek scholar who's honest will tell you that "forever" usually means "eternity" when applied to God or "all the days of life" when applied to men. Many examples of "forever" used in connection with things which have already ended in Scripture. We must not allow popular consensus to determine Biblical truth, especially when preachers stand to profit handsomely when threatening people with Eternal Torment and not revealing the truth. The wicked will be tormented in the Lake of Fire "forever and ever" ("all the days of life") until they die the Second Death and pass out of existence.
And what is eternally suffered by one will be suffered by all. So "they pass out of existence" is TOTAL NONSENSE.
So, you've proved that the wicked will "eternally suffer" how? If the wages of sin is Eternal Torment, the only way Jesus could take you place and receive your punishment is that HE be eternally tormented...but He did not suffer eternal torment, He suffered death, which for His sinless life resulted in a Sunday morning resurrection but for sinners who die without Him, a death from which there will be no resurrection.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I didn't know you needed an explanation of it.
pretty clear, "No one who is born of God will continue in sin"
I hear about sloppy exegesis from some.
Continue means to keep sinning,,,
Practice sinning means living a life of sin.
I think it's a good idea to be very clear for those reading along.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear about sloppy exegesis from some.
Continue means to keep sinning,,,
Practice sinning means living a life of sin.
I think it's a good idea to be very clear for those reading along.

If someone "keep's sinning" then they're practicing a life of sin.
If you continue in something then you have not stopped it.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Didn't you say that we still sin?
Then why do you expect to stop??
We're never going to stop sinning, this is why we have a remedy in 1John 2.
If we practice a life of sin, instead, we run the risk of falling away, which I know you don't believe.

Sometimes I wish we could all speak the same spiritual language even even if we don't agree with each other's theology.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoting the OT to prove OSAS is false is sloppy exegesis. Try using the NT after Pentecost and the seal of God placed on believers Acts 2:1-4, Eph 1:13-14. Even though you're wasting your time go ahead and try. God bless.

EVERYTHING changes after the Resurrection, amen?

Reactions: Helen

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't you say that we still sin?
Then why do you expect to stop??
We're never going to stop sinning, this is why we have a remedy in 1John 2.
If we practice a life of sin, instead, we run the risk of falling away, which I know you don't believe.

Sometimes I wish we could all speak the same spiritual language even even if we don't agree with each other's theology.

My nature as a Christian is different than my fallen nature that was under the rule / enslaved to sin.
Do I still sin? Yes, because I am still human. That is why Jesus is our Advocate (1 John 2:1-2) BUT I do not purposely desire to sin and enjoy it. I feel convicted by the Holy Spirit.
Sin should be uncomfortable for the Christian. We hate sin. I do NOT get the same thrill and pleasure from sin like I use too. It is very uncomfortable for me to even think about my life before Jesus.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My nature as a Christian is different than my fallen nature that was under the rule / enslaved to sin.
Do I still sin? Yes, because I am still human. That is why Jesus is our Advocate (1 John 2:1-2) BUT I do not purposely desire to sin and enjoy it. I feel convicted by the Holy Spirit.
Sin should be uncomfortable for the Christian. We hate sin. I do NOT get the same thrill and pleasure from sin like I use too. It is very uncomfortable for me to even think about my life before Jesus.
Amen to that!

Reactions: LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As humans we are all "prone to wonder"
I'll speak for myself on this one...
If it was not for God's power of keeping me/guarding me then I'd wonder.
If I relied on my own ability to maintain salvation or to be good - I'd fail every time and even still as a Believer I still have to wage war against the flesh and submit thoughts to the obedience of Christ and I don't always live up to the title of "Christian"
My own strength fails me everytime
We can only do this Christian life by the power of God.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

default_hmm.gif
I recall Paul stating that there can be no forgiveness for one who sins willfully or continually after becoming "born again"......meanwhile when Peter asks Jesus how many times we are to forgive someone, Jesus basically says until the end of time, or it will be held against us on judgement day. He uses his story to give us a glimpse into "the kingdom". So what gives here??? Are there different rules for us concerning forgiveness? We have to forgive no matter what until heaven and earth passes away, but for God, his patience can run thin after an undefined amount of times one sins "willfully"? This is not counting judgement day by the way.

(Matthew 18:21-22) "¶ Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? {22} Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
As humans we are all "prone to wonder"
I'll speak for myself on this one...
If it was not for God's power of keeping me/guarding me then I'd wonder.
If I relied on my own ability to maintain salvation or to be good - I'd fail every time and even still there are days I fail.
We can only do this Christian life by the power of God.
Our theology is different but we can agree on a lot.

Only God our Father is good.
Only with the help and the power of the Holy Spirit can we live as members of the Kingdom.

Reactions: LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_hmm.gif
I recall Paul stating that there can be no forgiveness for one who sins willfully or continually after becoming "born again"......meanwhile when Peter asks Jesus how many times we are to forgive someone, Jesus basically says until the end of time, or it will be held against us on judgement day. He uses his story to give us a glimpse into "the kingdom". So what gives here??? Are there different rules for us concerning forgiveness? We have to forgive no matter what until heaven and earth passes away, but for God, his patience can run thin after an undefined amount of times one sins "willfully"? This is not counting judgement day by the way.

God is the Creator He can do what He pleases
We are the created and must submit