Book recommendations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

newlife

May 26, 2013
I would like to recommend 4 books. Acts Today, Signs and Wonders of the Holy Spirit by Ralph Harris provides many verified accounts of healings, Xenoglossolalia, divine provision and other supernatural occurrences. Also God's Generals by Roberts Liardon includes the biographies of Smith Wigglesworth, Maria Woodworth-Etter, John G. Lake, William Branham, Katheryn Kuhlman and several others. Only Believe by Don Stewart includes many accounts of supernatural occurrences in various Christian ministries. Lastly Azusa Street:They Told Me Their Stories by Tonmmy Welchel includes many accounts of healings and other phenomena which occurred at Azusa Street. These books should be readily available on Amazon.com, Christian Book Distributors or the like at least in the US and Canada and hopefully elsewhere as well.

L

LLMJ Blog

Thank you! I am always looking for new books to read and resources :)

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
I would heartily recommend 'The Big Fisherman' or 'The Robe', or for that matter, anything by Lloyd C. Douglas.
Or 'The Chronicles of Narnia' or 'The Magician's Nephew' or 'The Screwtape Letters', or anything by C. S. Lewis.

Might I humbly suggest my own 'The First Sinner', or perhaps 'Shepherd's Tales', available on Amazon under Deborah Anne Barrd...I've gotten some great feedback on them.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
LLMJ Blog said:
I will definitely check them out :) I love to read!
I probably ought to warn you, 'The First Sinner' is a rather long book. It covers the lives of Jesus and the man who will become Barabbas from the age of 11 on through to the crucifixion. There are a couple of excerpts from the book on my blog. One of them tells of the man who carried Jesus' cross for him...one of my favorite scenes in the book...and the other is the crucifixion itself.
Amazon set the price for the book...it's higher than I like it to be. I put an email address in every book, so that people can contact me and let me know whether they like the book or not. So far, I've gotten quite a few messages from people who have loved the book.
I've also gotten letters from "Shepherd's Tales" and "My Little Prayer Book" and "The Parables of Jesus Christ Retold".
If you do decide to give any of these a read, please let me know.
Thanks ever so!

L

LLMJ Blog

I sure will. I love to read it doesn't matter the length of the book as long as it is good :)

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
LLMJ Blog said:
I sure will. I love to read it doesn't matter the length of the book as long as it is good :)
Well, I think it's pretty good...but then, I may be a bit biased. :rolleyes:

If you do decide to read it, I'd be very interested in knowing what you think. I always love to hear from my readers. -_-