Books Outside the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If no one bothers to respond to his bias ...he will drift away...The trouble is, boy will be boys and they just cannot resist arguing and fighting about circular subjects :confused:
I totally agree with this, except I would replace the word "boy" here with "bonehead". It's not a gender specific thing.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree with this, except I would replace the word "boy" here with "bonehead". It's not a gender specific thing.
It appears that he is desperately trying to get posters to his forum.
Looks like it's dying - and HE writes every other post.

The anti-Catholic content on there is pretty juvenile . . .

Reactions: Marymog and Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness.....I visited your website. It does not seem to "Christian" to me. Maybe you should rename it?

Since Catholics, Mormons, atheist and Jehovah Witnesses are not welcome (or do not feel welcome) onto your site are Jews and Muslims welcome?

Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is welcome and no one is expected to agree with others.

I suggest you review the meaning of debate. It does not mean turn a blind eye to what others say.

Interestingly, here, the only personal attacks I'm seeing are by Catholics against me.

In some other forums, and this site, I'm seeing people who agree with me with no Catholics to be seen.

So, pretend I'm not here if you want, but it changes nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me in the Catechism where it says we are saved by our works??
This is one of those anti-Catholic myths that you have been spoon-fed all your life - and you believed it without checking to see if it was true.

Shame on YOU and everybody who is that gullible and willing to spread a lie . . .
It's not a lie.
It's what ignorant catholics believe and no one in the catholic church teaches them otherwise.
I know this to be true.
You are the one that is lying if you don't think catholics believe in salvation by works.

The same goes for protestants
Many of them are taught things that are not in the Bible but they go through life believing these things.
I'm not speaking out against the catholic church, I'm speaking out against you trying to convince people that catholics believe in the catechism when most of them have never read it, just like the Bible.

Reactions: LC627

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is welcome and no one is expected to agree with others.

I suggest you review the meaning of debate. It does not mean turn a blind eye to what others say.

Interestingly, here, the only personal attacks I'm seeing are by Catholics against me.

In some other forums, and this site, I'm seeing people who agree with me with no Catholics to be seen.

So, pretend I'm not here if you want, but it changes nothing.
It is easy to pretend.....;)

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ooops.....I did...It's not good. I should have listened to you. :mad:

MARY
(Speaking in general terms here, relating back to our earlier discussion about getting good information out there)

There are some folks out there that are honestly interested in talking with other people having good two-way conversations.
And there are some folks that just want to shout their opinions and not listen to anything else.

The first group you can talk with and share good information (both giving and receiving it).
The second groups there's no point in talking to cause they aren't listening. The best thing to do is to walk away and forgive them.

Either way, Truth still stands. God is the judge.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a lie.
It's what ignorant catholics believe and no one in the catholic church teaches them otherwise.
I know this to be true.
You are the one that is lying if you don't think catholics believe in salvation by works.

Many of them are taught things that are not in the Bible but they go through life believing these things.
I'm not speaking out against the catholic church, I'm speaking out against you trying to convince people that catholics believe in the catechism when most of them have never read it, just like the Bible.
Hey Rollo,

The question was: Can you show me in the Catechism where it says we are saved by our works??

You FAILED to do that.
Instead you just bloviated and went on a unsubstantiated tirade against Catholics and your fellow Protestants.

Your suggestion that Catholics don't read the bible is silly. Scripture is read at mass every Sunday.

Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Rollo,

The question was: Can you show me in the Catechism where it says we are saved by our works??

You FAILED to do that.
Instead you just bloviated and went on a unsubstantiated tirade against Catholics and your fellow Protestants.

Your suggestion that Catholics don't read the bible is silly. Scripture is read at mass every Sunday.

Mary
Bloviated?
Are you trying to improve my knowledge of English?
Never heard of it!

All I did was answer Breadman's statement in that post.
Are you trying to say all catholics read and abide by the Catechism?
Are you that naive?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a lie.
I know this to be true.

Making sweeping generalizations like you usually do is foolish because you couldn't possibly know what "most"Catholic feel.
I'm sure there ARE Catholics who believe in salvation by works - but that's NOT what I was objecting to. I was objecting to yet another idiotic charge that the Church TEACHES this.

Looks like you have another buddy ono this forum, Rollo - who is just as ignorant as YOU are about ALL things Catholic . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making sweeping generalizations like you usually do is foolish because you couldn't possibly know what "most"Catholic feel.
I'm sure there ARE Catholics who believe in salvation by works - but that's NOT what I was objecting to. I was objecting to yet another idiotic charge that the Church TEACHES this.

Looks like you have another buddy ono this forum, Rollo - who is just as ignorant as YOU are about ALL things Catholic . . .
I know more about being catholic than you and Mary Mog put together.
I put up with catholics everyday of my life through my family and my wife's family and the fact that I grew up in the catholic church.
Also I own an up to date catechism and I study it when need be.
Don't call me ignorant.
You are ignorant in calling me that!!!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! So you and Martin Luther agree it's by faith alone :p:p
In all my travels, studying/visiting dozens of different denominations, I have never encountered a Christian group that says we are saved by our works. Rather, every single one of them agree that it's Christ & faith in Him that does the saving. Everyone also agrees that Christ didn't save us to have us continue our same-old sinful ways, but instead to be changed through Him.

Now the various specific words and viewpoints of this process do vary from group to group. But that core agreement is aways there.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic teach grace allows the works that save.

The bible teaches works are the fruit of salvation.

Works earn rewards, not salvation.

Catholics play word games but cannot escape works are required for salvation.

The Catholic Church Teaches Salvation by Works

You want to go deeper? Come to CTZ.
I thank you for the invitation, but I have already studied Catholic beliefs quite thoroughly from first-hand sources for a number of years. Things like attending Masses, talking to priests, talking with regular Catholics, reading CCC, reading other Catholic-specific writings, asking detailed questions, etc.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank you for the invitation, but I have already studied Catholic beliefs quite thoroughly from first-hand sources for a number of years. Things like attending Masses, talking to priests, talking with regular Catholics, reading CCC, reading other Catholic-specific writings, asking detailed questions, etc.
Try reading the Bible.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi