Books Outside the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are lying right now by saying "your fellow anti-Catholics."

How many times do I have to tell you - I am not anti-Catholic?
When you allow anti-Catholics here to spread lies with impunity, then condemn a Catholic for correcting them - you ARE anti-Catholic.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wish somebody would have stood up for you when you were being persecuted about what you believe? ESPECIALLY if they were telling lies about what you believe? That is all he is asking and it does not seem unreasonable.
People tell lies about what I believe all the time. I have suffered persecution for believing what I do all my life.

And to answer your question directly: never do I want someone to carry on a vendetta like @BreadOfLife is doing here-- even (and especially) if they are doing so supposedly in my defense or defense of my beliefs. Instead I would urge them follow Christ's words and forgive. If people want to learn and get their facts straight, that's great. But regardless of whether they embrace truth or anti lies, I need to forgive them and urge others to do the same.

Reactions: amadeus

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People tell lies about what I believe all the time. I have suffered persecution for believing what I do all my life.

And to answer your question directly: never do I want someone to carry on a vendetta like @BreadOfLife is doing here-- even (and especially) if they are doing so supposedly in my defense or defense of my beliefs. Instead I would urge them follow Christ's words and forgive. If people want to learn and get their facts straight, that's great. But regardless of whether they embrace truth or anti lies, I need to forgive them and urge others to do the same.
Are you able to write a single post without lying?
It doesn't appear to be the case.

As I already corrected you - this has absolutely NOTHING to do with "vendetta". A vendetta implies some kind of vengeance.
The only thing I am doing is exposing lies and correcting them.

Neither does this have anything to do with my "forgiving" anybody because nobody is sinning against me.
They are bearing false witness against Christ's Church - and need to seek forgiveness from HIM.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you allow anti-Catholics here to spread lies with impunity, then condemn a Catholic for correcting them - you ARE anti-Catholic.
BOL,
You might be more comfortable on a purely Catholic forum. As you well know, the majority here are non-Catholics, and some have come out of the RCC. So why hang around?

As to my position, I say we should (and do) love Catholic people, but hate the teachings of the RCC. I would venture to suggest that most Catholics are good, moral, people, and upstanding citizens, but they should be outraged with their clergy. So remaining in that church means aiding and abetting criminality.

Reactions: Truth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL,
You might be more comfortable on a purely Catholic forum. As you well know, the majority here are non-Catholics, and some have come out of the RCC. So why hang around?

As to my position, I say we should (and do) love Catholic people, but hate the teachings of the RCC. I would venture to suggest that most Catholics are good, moral, people, and upstanding citizens, but they should be outraged with their clergy. So remaining in that church means aiding and abetting criminality.
To answer your first question in RED - this is where the LIES are being told, so that's why I here.

As for "hating" the teachings of the Catholic Church - you are ignorant of what the Church teaches so you could hardly hate them. To say that you hate what you erroneously believe about the Catholic Church would be more accurate.

As for your comment that we Catholics should be "outraged" at our clergy - are YOU "outraged" at your Protestant clergy for doing the SAME things you accuse Catholic priests of, hmmm?? Doesn't that make YOU an accessory to THEIR crimes??
Anyway - WHY should we be "outraged" at ALL of our clergy when a small percentage of them engaged in this perversion?

You see, my hate-filled, anti-Catholic friend - it is precisely this kind of moronic rubbish that makes me stick around here.
SOMEBODY's got to expos this manure . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Jane,

I am sorry that has happened to you. It sounds as if you wouldn't mind if someone came to your defense, just not use the words that @BreadOfLife uses? If I came to your defense, HOW would you want me to do that? (using this format/online)

Can you show me ONE post where BOL has carried out a "vendetta"??? Definition of VENDETTA

You dodged my last question. This question is based on what YOU SAID: Where did @BreadOfLife urge you or others to "attack the lie-tellers"? Can you back up what you said???

Curious Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The group of people with whom I assemble is called "The Vineyard Fellowship". And I have to chuckle at the defiant defenses of divergent groups I see here, since almost all of our group is composed of surviving refugees who escaped from many of those very same denominations.

Reactions: Truth and larry2

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The group of people with whom I assemble is called "The Vineyard Fellowship". And I have to chuckle at the defiant defenses of divergent groups I see here, since almost all of our group is composed of surviving refugees who escaped from many of those very same denominations.
That explains a LOT about you . . .
The Vineyard Fellowship has been anti-Catholic from its roots.

Being a rabid and rather ignorant anti-Catholic - my sister was tangled up with this group in the ‘70’s and was a big fan of your founder, KeithGreen. She is now a Calvinist who runs a Church with her husband, who is the Pastor. She also doesn’t have a CLUE as to what the Catholic Church actually teaches but goes around perpetuating the myths and lies like YOU and others here.

At least you had the courage to admit your denomination.
Others here are too cowardly divulge that information for fear that their belief systems will be exposed . . .

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please try to control your outbursts of your own ignorance, and take a moment to look up who actually was the founder of The Vineyard.
And, BTW, my church affiliation is clearly specified in my Signature. Always has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please try to control your outbursts of your own ignorance, and take a moment to look up who actually was the founder of The Vineyard.
And, BTW, my church affiliation is clearly specified in my Signature.
Ken Gullickson and Keith Green.

As for your signature, bravo . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so confused, you couldn't even discuss The Vineyard if your life depended upon it.
Is that a yes or a no?
WHY
are you anti-Catholics so afraid of answering simple questions about your sects??

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jane,

I am sorry that has happened to you. It sounds as if you wouldn't mind if someone came to your defense, just not use the words that @BreadOfLife uses? If I came to your defense, HOW would you want me to do that? (using this format/online)

Can you show me ONE post where BOL has carried out a "vendetta"??? Definition of VENDETTA

You dodged my last question. This question is based on what YOU SAID: Where did @BreadOfLife urge you or others to "attack the lie-tellers"? Can you back up what you said???

Curious Mary
I have an ethical problem writing posts about individual posters. I find such be to an invitation for personal attacks, bullying, and makes the thread about that person rather than the topic at hand. So I will reply to your post in general terms instead.

Yes, I have spent my entire life dealing with lie-tellers and persecution. But I do not require "defending", and I very much object to such. I and my beliefs stand to be judged by God, not mortals on an internet forum. If someone wants to listen and get their facts straight, I'm thrilled to oblige. And when I see false information out there, I do offer that invitation. But if someone would rather believe false information, that's between them and God, and my only job to forgive them for their trespasses and move on. It's not my job to "defend the truth"-- truth stands for itself.

All of this applies not only to me, but to everyone else too. Same with every organization on the earth. No one needs to "defend" Christ's true church-- truth stands for itself. And I'm not going to loose sleep that some folks would rather believe lies or persecute it-- that's exactly what Christ said would happen.

Reactions: amadeus

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, us "anti-Catholics" meeting, by his friendly invitation, with the Pope. (Do you ever stop to think for even a moment before you type?)
Ummmm, the Pope has also met with and been interviewed by Atheists, so don't get too excited . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an ethical problem writing posts about individual posters. I find such be to an invitation for personal attacks, bullying, and makes the thread about that person rather than the topic at hand. So I will reply to your post in general terms instead.

Yes, I have spent my entire life dealing with lie-tellers and persecution. But I do not require "defending", and I very much object to such. I and my beliefs stand to be judged by God, not mortals on an internet forum. If someone wants to listen and get their facts straight, I'm thrilled to oblige. And when I see false information out there, I do offer that invitation. But if someone would rather believe false information, that's between them and God, and my only job to forgive them for their trespasses and move on. It's not my job to "defend the truth"-- truth stands for itself.

All of this applies not only to me, but to everyone else too. Same with every organization on the earth. No one needs to "defend" Christ's true church-- truth stands for itself. And I'm not going to loose sleep that some folks would rather believe lies or persecute it-- that's exactly what Christ said would happen.
That is a very unbiblical and anti-Christian approach.

You SHOULD be concerned about people who reject the truth. We are told in Scripture to admonish the unruly and correct the sinner publicly.

Paul didn’t simply tell his readers – “Well, now you’ve been told - you’re on your own!”

He implored them to have faith, to obey God and to pray for one another.

YOUR problem is one that I see among MANY Protestants: It’s “Jesus and ME”.
That’s NOT the Gospel message – it’s selfishness and egocentric.

Christ’s Church is a FAMILY, so it’s “Jesus and US” . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you. I like general terms :)

I believe scripture says we are to "defend" the Truth/the Church.

Wouldn't you agree
that 1 Peter 3:15, Titus 1:9, 2 Timothy 4:2, Philippians 1:16 or Ephesians 5:11 say that we should defend against false information OR at least be ready to give a defense for what we believe (1 Peter3)?

Mary