Books Outside the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at them the same as such as the Koran, Book of Mormon, Catholic writings, JW writings, etc. Fake, false and lies of Satan.
Hi,

The Koran, Mormon and JW ones are easy to figure out :)

What "Catholic"books would you be talking about?

Curious Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at them the same as such as the Koran, Book of Mormon, Catholic writings, JW writings, etc. Fake, false and lies of Satan.
Are you referring to the Deuterocanonical Books or the entire Bible?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I like general terms :)

I believe scripture says we are to "defend" the Truth/the Church.

Wouldn't you agree
that 1 Peter 3:15, Titus 1:9, 2 Timothy 4:2, Philippians 1:16 or Ephesians 5:11 say that we should defend against false information OR at least be ready to give a defense for what we believe (1 Peter3)?

Mary
As I said: if someone wants to listen and get their facts straight, I'm thrilled to oblige. And when I see false information out there, I do offer that invitation.

I'm all for offering good information. I'm all for showing people respect, even when we disagree on beliefs-- yes, even Muslims, atheists, etc. I'm all for forgiving those whom trespass us. I'm all for praying for those that persecute. I'm all for testifying of Christ's love through my very being.

I'm not for repeating Simon-Peter's mistake of chopping off people's ears.
I'm not for calling people/groups names like "cult", "liar", etc. Even if that's the exact way they are acting.
I'm not for treating some people better than others. Rather, I'll treat a atheist with the same respect I treat someone who shares my beliefs.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism is a cult. There is no Pope, Queen Mary,salvation by works, Catholic preisthood, holy water, Catholic defined saints, etc in the Bible.
Good grief - here we go again.
This is the fruit of unchecked ignorance and hate . .

WHO
teaches salvation by works??

Reactions: Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism is a cult. There is no Pope, Queen Mary,salvation by works, Catholic preisthood, holy water, Catholic defined saints, etc in the Bible.
Hi @CoreIssue! I haven't seen you around here before :) Cool handle & avatar picture combo- it makes me smile.

This board is a multi-denominational Christian board: no group is excluded, and all should be treated with respect. So let's skip the name calling. If you have concerns about Catholic teachings and want to talk about it, I'm sure the various Catholic posters on here will be happy to clarify things for you on a different thread.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @CoreIssue! I haven't seen you around here before :) Cool handle & avatar picture combo- it makes me smile.

This board is a multi-denominational Christian board: no group is excluded, and all should be treated with respect. So let's skip the name calling. If you have concerns about Catholic teachings and want to talk about it, I'm sure the various Catholic posters on here will be happy to clarify things for you on a different thread.

I am quite clear on it and not getting into a debate here. Plenty of material on my website (over 10 years old) if they wish to debate.

I have attacked no one.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apocryphal Books and Catholic versions of the Bible.
Apocryphal Books and Deuterocanonical Books are two different things.
Anyway – the Catholic Church declared the Canon of Scripture under the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the 4th Century.
WHY would you say that it was of the “Devil”??

Is THAT what you think of the Holy Spirit??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am quite clear on it and not getting into a debate here. Plenty of material on my website (over 10 years old) if they wish to debate.

I have attacked no one.
I would LOVE debate you - issue by issue whenever you are ready . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me in the Catechism where it says we are saved by our works??
This is one of those anti-Catholic myths that you have been spoon-fed all your life - and you believed it without checking to see if it was true.

Shame on YOU and everybody who is that gullible and willing to spread a lie . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, there are no instructions in the bible on how to perform a Christian wedding ceremony....but we Christians still perform "Christian" weddings. ;)

As a matter of fact there is no table of contents for the bible you read....how do you know you have all the right books?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have attacked no one.
I would love to see your website. what is the url?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have attacked no one.
Soooo you don't want to get into a debate you just want to spew out divisive, hurtful words and make false allegations....but you don't want to debate any of it?

We should just read your words and smile??? Okay, I'm smiling....:):):):):):):):) Now we are all happy. You don't have to defend your lies and I don't have to call you a liar...happy, happy, happy....we are all happy.

Mary

I suspect you will be gone within a month. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

AMEN!!
I am so very glad that you said that.
It just shows how ignorant some people can be...Doesn't it make you feel sorry for their mothers who probably tried to raise them with some good manners.?

Some people obviously have no concept about how stupid they make themselves look ...and in public too! :D

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Soooo you don't want to get into a debate you just want to spew out divisive, hurtful words and make false allegations....but you don't want to debate any of it?

We should just read your words and smile??? Okay, I'm smiling....:):):):):):):):) Now we are all happy. You don't have to defend your lies and I don't have to call you a liar...happy, happy, happy....we are all happy.

Mary

I suspect you will be gone within a month. :rolleyes:

If no one bothers to respond to his bias ...he will drift away...The trouble is, boy will be boys and they just cannot resist arguing and fighting about circular subjects :confused:

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If no one bothers to respond to his bias ...he will drift away...The trouble is, boy will be boys and they just cannot resist arguing and fighting about circular subjects :confused:
That’s jut it – there are definitive answers to these moronic attacks.

The only “circular” arguments to them re the spiritually-prideful humanistic responses that come from refusing to heed the Word of God . . .