Born again Christans DO NOT SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding of Sin: @Daniel Veler if you would like to know is this:

Sin for a Christian (A believer who has had an experience with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ by being born again : Sin to them is: to not Love God, and Not Love Others.)

Sin for an unbeliever is unbelief.

Sin according to biblical definition ~ Greek Format - Expounding on the words found in the bible.

1 ( 265 hamartema )
Cognate: 265 hamártēma (a neuter noun derived from 264 /hamartánō, "to sin") – a sin, focusing on its result (note the -ma suffix), i.e. "the painful linkages of sin." See 266 (hamartia).

[265 (hamártēma) emphasizes the consequences of making any decision (action) by self rather than of faith ("God's inworked persuasion," cf. Ro 14:23).]

2 ( 266 harmtia )
266 hamartía (a feminine noun derived from 1 /A "not" and 3313 /méros, "a part, share of") – properly, no-share ("no part of"); loss (forfeiture) because not hitting the target; sin (missing the mark).

266 /hamartía ("sin, forfeiture because missing the mark") is the brand of sin that emphasizes its self-originated (self-empowered) nature – i.e. it is not originated or empowered by God (i.e. not of faith, His inworked persuasion, cf. Ro 14:23).​

So the definitions here of Sin are our by living to our own will - and not towards the will of God by faith and listening to God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

So the only sins for a Christian it seems are when they ~ Are not being loving towards God or Not being loving towards other. (There are many scenarios you can make from these two things for examples).

The only sin for an unbeliever is not having any belief, or faith whatsoever.

A nonbeliever has a harden heart (which we all have had an evil hard heart of unbelief in our lives)​

One more statement here and would like to use the Lord Jesus Christ's own words here to help us in understanding.

Mark 7:
18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come

—sexual immorality,

theft,

murder, 22

adultery,

greed,

malice,

deceit,

lewdness,

envy,

slander,

arrogance and

folly.

All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sin for a Christian (A believer who has had an experience with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ by being born again : Sin to them is: to not Love God, and Not Love Others.)

Sin according to biblical definition

1 ( 265 hamartema )
Cognate: 265 hamártēma (a neuter noun derived from 264 /hamartánō, "to sin") – a sin, focusing on its result (note the -ma suffix), i.e. "the painful linkages of sin." See 266 (hamartia).

[265 (hamártēma) emphasizes the consequences of making any decision (action) by self rather than of faith ("God's inworked persuasion," cf. Ro 14:23).]

2 ( 266 harmtia )
266 hamartía (a feminine noun derived from 1 /A "not" and 3313 /méros, "a part, share of") – properly, no-share ("no part of"); loss (forfeiture) because not hitting the target; sin (missing the mark).

266 /hamartía ("sin, forfeiture because missing the mark") is the brand of sin that emphasizes its self-originated (self-empowered) nature – i.e. it is not originated or empowered by God (i.e. not of faith, His inworked persuasion, cf. Ro 14:23).​

So the definitions here of Sin are our by living to our own will - and not towards the will of God by faith and listening to God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

So the only sins for a Christian it seems are when they ~ Are not being loving towards God or Not being loving towards other. (There are many scenarios you can make from these two things for examples).

A nonbeliever has a harden heart (which we all have had an evil hard heart of unbelief in our lives)​

One more statement here and would like to use the Lord Jesus Christ's own words here to help us in understanding.

Mark 7:
18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come

—sexual immorality,

theft,

murder, 22

adultery,

greed,

malice,

deceit,

lewdness,

envy,

slander,

arrogance and

folly.

I will go with the definition that the Lord gave. Sin is not having trust in Christ. Written in John 16.

Reactions: Taken and MatthewG

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sin according to biblical definition ~ Greek Format - Expounding on the words found in the bible.

1 ( 265 hamartema )

2 ( 266 harmtia )

Mark 7:

—sexual immorality,

theft,

murder, 22

adultery,

greed,

malice,

deceit,

lewdness,

envy,

slander,

arrogance and

folly.

mans how does a Christian conquer these things. By the love of God in your heart. Which is a gift given to us by the Holy Spirit. Love fulfills the whole law. That is why the apostle wrote saying if a man says he loves God and hates his brother he is a liar. The love of God is not in him. It’s not our love within our hearts but God puts his love in us.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read everything written within that chapter. First it is talking about how sin brought forth death. As Paul wrote before the law was given men were ignorant to sin. But the law made sin alive. What Christ did is that he destroyed death at the Christ. And we who are in Christ death has no more dominion over us having nailed the law to the stake. The death is not the physical death but the spiritual death. And if Christ conquer death, death no longer reigns on us. With this victory we walk in righteousness for he is righteous. But receiving this victory death has no power over us. Have you understood what this death is? It is the second death that all the lost will suffer at judgment. The scriptures tells us that Christ submitted him self unto death, even the death of the cross. This is a great mystery to understand. How Christ tasted death for all those who come to him.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)
If people sin, it will not matter for those who believe they are always saved.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people sin, it will not matter for those who believe they are always saved.
Typical straw man argument for those who strongly oppose OSAS. Sin is not to be taken lightly, yet at the same time, we are not sinless, without fault or defect, flawless 100% of the time. (1 John 1:8-10)

1 John 2:1 - My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Reactions: Taken

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical straw man argument for those who strongly oppose OSAS. Sin is not to be taken lightly, yet at the same time, we are not sinless, without fault or defect, flawless 100% of the time. (1 John 1:8-10)

1 John 2:1 - My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
There’s a difference between ignorant sin and willfull sin.

Numbers 15
27 And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.

28 And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

29 Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.

30 But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

31 Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HAHAHA @@ the arrogance of distinguishing between ignorant sin ( the sin that is ALLOWED ) and willful sin ( the really bad stuff that burns you in hell).
The problem is that some Christians falsely believe they are GOOD.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

AMEN!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HAHAHA @@ the arrogance of distinguishing between ignorant sin ( the sin that is ALLOWED ) and willful sin ( the really bad stuff that burns you in hell).
The problem is that some Christians falsely believe they are GOOD.
You laugh at God’s commandment?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You laugh at God’s commandment?
my laugh ( which is actually HORROR )... is at YOU... You continue to heap those hot coals over your head.
You think you are pleasing to God... but you are NOT. It's actually NO laughing matter.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my laugh ( which is actually HORROR )... is at YOU... You continue to heap those hot coals over your head.
You think you are pleasing to God... but you are NOT. It's actually NO laughing matter.
You have nothing but opinions because the Word of God has no place in you.

Reactions: NayborBear

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have nothing but opinions because the Word of God has no place in you.
and you come in these forums to puff yourself up and make yourself seem so lovely...Self-righteousness overflows in your words.
That is all I have to say to you today... These coals are stacking up over your head.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

If you're still sinning, then it's extremely likely that you're NOT born again, and if you're NOT born again, THEN YOU WILL GO TO HELL WHEN YOU DIE...

BORN AGAIN Christians that WILFULLY SIN AFTER THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH WILL STILL GO TO HELL, AND THERE IS NO WAY TO REVERSE THEIR DAMNATION!!

YOU ABSOLUTELY *MUST* STOP SINNING - IT'S A CORE REQUIREMENT OF THE GOSPEL...

----------

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 5:18

----------

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:6

----------

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:9

----------

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1 Corinthians 15:34

----------

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27

----------
Then why does Paul warn born again believers to avoid sin?

Galatians 5:21-23
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

sin nature and fallen human nature are not removed by the cross!

how does one become born again?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

No it is not a strawman argument. Apart from the display of prideful arrogance some proponents display, the Bible clearly warns those who have a change of heart and turn away from God, never to return are eternally lost. This worries me. Most stay the course, but some lose faith as a young mother recently told me, and it concerns me because I fear for the whole family as I do for another family who used to go to Walkley Baptist Church so faithfully until the Father heard of this and that was the end, for them and the two children who will be about 50 years old now and have never changed from that moment on.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Desiring to throw my own two cents though it is not very much it is also on the basis of scripture of - the willfully sinning - and resurrection (Revelation 22) ~ This is view from my belief that comes from the bible.

Willfully sinning is this

- Knowing the truth of God ~ And actively not partaking in the truth of God

~ Willfully even after know -> make the decision : I DO NOT BELIEVE GOD I DO NOT BELEIVE JESUS CHRIST I DO NOT HAVE ANY FAITH I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THEM AT ALL

I WILLFULLY REJECT BECAUSE I SEE NO EVIDENCE THAT SAYS OTHERWISE

SO I WILLYFULY REJECT AND NOT BELIEVE IN GOD

Hebrews 3:12-19 (a WARNING NOT TO FALL AWAY FROM THE LIVING GOD ~)

~~ Now is possible for a willfully rejecting unbelieving person to turn back to God?

It is ~ But it might become harder to come back to after going off so far away from God however do not believe that Gods power is limited by no means, and He desires for people to come the knowledge of the truth ~ of His Son.

Now will there people who die ~ WILLFULLY REJECTING GOD AND HIS SON?

Who is to say that no that cant happen. ~ This is a question you have to decide, do people die willfully rejecting God and His Son? ~~ Well Most certainly God is going to be the first one to find out because that person believing or not will be resurrected again with either a

corrupt spiritual body ~ unbelief -> Place outside the kingdom of God being without God
or new spiritual body ~ believing -> Placed in the kingdom of God being with God

May God give you the increase, spiritual understanding, and wisdom along with the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s a difference between ignorant sin and willfull sin.

AGREE.

Quick Review...
Every earthly man from OT to NT to Present...

...does not exist, then does exist;
AND IS IGNORNAT ... he does NOT KNOW, what he does NOT KNOW!

...Every IGNORANT earthly man, from the Time the earthly man-KIND (of thing exists) REQUIRES A PROCESS "bit by bit"..(through multiple methods)...
Hearing, Showing, Examples, Observing, Hearing some more, Showing some more, RULES, LAWS, PRECEPTS, punishments, rewards, Hearing more, Showing more, Reiterating, More Knowledge, and More Observance, "the little earthly man-kind of thing"; is maturing, and "CAPABLE" of "understanding"....the "itty bitty" step by step of "knowledge" they "ARE UNDERSTANDING".

...ONCE, that "little man-KIND of earthly thing", understands "ANY" "itty bitty" of "Knowledge" given them...
...AND the "little man-KIND of earthly thing",
REJECTS, and DEFYS the "knowledge"...
...that "little man-KIND of earthly things"...
IS Stubborn, IS Defiant.

Regarding ... OT men.
Their Knowledge, was expressly given, Particular men (Via God).
Particular men Spoke and Wrote Gods received Knowledge, to Distribute to "OTHER" men.
Particular men, Other men, Hearing, Receiving, Gods Knowledge...ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS, who individually choose to "heartfully commit belief of Gods knowledge or Not".

Reactions: MatthewG

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't actually answer my question.

I think on truth, but do not dwell on politics or I might get too depressed and we are not to dwell on such things. These are the last days and I'm going to have to let God be in control of how He wants the world to go into blindness to righteousness. My best friend is as passionate about politics, as I am about knowing the truth of every verse in the Bible. So if I have a question about what is going on in politics, I just ask her. But I also have to rein her back if she gets too depressed or angry.

Reactions: 07-07-07