Born again Christans DO NOT SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are misrepresenting these truths to claim that you have sinless perfection (and another poster is not free from sinning). Yes (1) Christ is the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world and (2) in Him there is no sin. But you are a sinner saved by grace, and the sin nature has not been eradicated in you (or any Christian).

At the same time all believers receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, who empowers them to walk in the Spirit, and not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. But that does not mean that you are sinless. John says that if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. And we also make God a liar. Therefore we all need to examine ourselves daily, and stop promoting the lie that we are sinlessly perfect.

Note: I am not addressing imputed righteousness in this post, which is another matter.

You just spoke of believing in two unscriptural heresies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

If you're still sinning, then it's extremely likely that you're NOT born again, and if you're NOT born again, THEN YOU WILL GO TO HELL WHEN YOU DIE...

BORN AGAIN Christians that WILFULLY SIN AFTER THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH WILL STILL GO TO HELL, AND THERE IS NO WAY TO REVERSE THEIR DAMNATION!!

YOU ABSOLUTELY *MUST* STOP SINNING - IT'S A CORE REQUIREMENT OF THE GOSPEL...

----------

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 5:18

----------

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:6

----------

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:9

----------

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1 Corinthians 15:34

----------

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27

----------
John included himself. John wasn't saved?

1 John 1:7-10 (NKJV)
7 If WE confess OUR sins, He is faithful and just to forgive US OUR sins and to cleanse US from all unrighteousness.10 If WE say that WE have not sinned, WE make Him a liar, and His word is not in US .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is not a strawman argument. Apart from the display of prideful arrogance some proponents display, the Bible clearly warns " those who have a change of heart "and turn away from God, never to return are eternally lost. This worries me. Most stay the course, but some lose faith as a young mother recently told me, and it concerns me because I fear for the whole family as I do for another family who used to go to Walkley Baptist Church so faithfully until the Father heard of this and that was the end, for them and the two children who will be about 50 years old now and have never changed from that moment on.

IF and WHEN a man decides to Confess his Heartful Belief...
That is the True Thoughts of a Carnal man's Belief.
That Confession IS Precisely HOW a man "envokes God" to change the man's Heart Supernaturally, and Birth that man a New spirit in his new heart...that Which can Never Again Not Belief or Be Faith-FULL To the Lord God Almighty.

So no men do not have a "change of heart" to stop believing.
* Men certainly can believe with their Carnal Mind and change their Mind...
* Believing with ones Mind...IS not the requirement for Gods Required Confession of Belief...that He was Save a man's soul and Quicken a man spirit...
That Confession must come from a man's natural (Truth), in his heart.

Scriptural Warnings are to Believers IN their Mind...is not sufficient.
Confession from the heart IS Required Before they become Converted.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John included himself. John wasn't saved?

1 John 1:7-10 (NKJV)
7 If WE confess OUR sins, He is faithful and just to forgive US OUR sins and to cleanse US from all unrighteousness.10 If WE say that WE have not sinned, WE make Him a liar, and His word is not in US .

In Context John was teaching in first person.
IF, is the defining word that includes or excludes any of the "we".
John made no reference to "include" himself in the IF applying to Himself.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding of Sin:

Sin for a Christian (A believer who has had an experience with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ by being born again : Sin to them is: to not Love God, and Not Love Others.)

But not possible.

Sin for an unbeliever is unbelief.

Yes.

Glory to God,
Taken

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Context John was teaching in first person.
IF, is the defining word that includes or excludes any of the "we".
John made no reference to "include" himself in the IF applying to Himself.
Us, our and we don't include himself? Seriously?

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

If you're still sinning, then it's extremely likely that you're NOT born again, and if you're NOT born again, THEN YOU WILL GO TO HELL WHEN YOU DIE...

BORN AGAIN Christians that WILFULLY SIN AFTER THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH WILL STILL GO TO HELL, AND THERE IS NO WAY TO REVERSE THEIR DAMNATION!!

----------

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

----------

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

----------

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

----------

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

----------

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

----------

The Lord has much to say about judging and condemning others, Mitch. So far that seems what you've occupied yourself with since coming to this forum in one topic after the other. Not good, buddy. Nope. I highly recommend opening a bible and letting that occupy your time. :)

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

(Matthew 7:1-5)

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think on truth, but do not dwell on politics or I might get too depressed and we are not to dwell on such things. These are the last days and I'm going to have to let God be in control of how He wants the world to go into blindness to righteousness. My best friend is as passionate about politics, as I am about knowing the truth of every verse in the Bible. So if I have a question about what is going on in politics, I just ask her. But I also have to rein her back if she gets too depressed or angry.
What does politics have to do with what we were talking about? I'm confused now.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This teaching is very toxic. In my late teens, after seeking God for months, believing this lie caused me to conclude that God had rejected me.
I decided that all that was left me was to return to my hedonistic lifestyle and enjoy the pleasures of the flesh until I went to hell.
Which ruined my life.

Reactions: Shattered

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people sin, it will not matter for those who believe they are always saved.

by understanding sin is how you know you are living a sinless life. God said he word reprove the world of sin. Meaning he would teach them what sin is. He said sin is because they have no trust in his son. All those that have Christ has passed from death to life. This live a sinless life. As for sinning rad what happens to God’s children should they commit sins of the flesh. Think about what Paul said about God’s people being chastised.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many people don't understand that being born again of the Spirit means our spirit is born again, but that we also have a soul, which, while being joined to the spirit, is not the spirit.
When I first believed John 3:16, I accepted Christ's payment of my debt.
Due to this, I was legally free to be born again spiritually. Which I was.
I was also legally positioned to be healed in my soul, but because of the nature of the soul, this is a process that needs to be walked out a day at a time. Luke 9:23
To get more insight into this process, I recommend reading the book, "The Walls Of My Heart," or watch the videos, "The Divine Plumbline," both by Dr. Bruce Thompson.
This information is biblical, effective (this former addict hasn't touched a needle in 17 years), and has been put together by the Holy Spirit.
God isn't finished with me yet.
Sanctification is about healing and deliverance.
If one perseveres, this will lead to the inner circumcision.
I could quote chapter and verse, but would only be countered with another errant chapter and verse.
I don't like wasting energy by spinning my wheels.
Besides, revelation is the Holy Spirit's job, not mine.
We can pray for people and as led, should. Shalom.

Reactions: Addy

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
by understanding sin is how you know you are living a sinless life. God said he word reprove the world of sin. Meaning he would teach them what sin is. He said sin is because they have no trust in his son. All those that have Christ has passed from death to life. This live a sinless life. As for sinning rad what happens to God’s children should they commit sins of the flesh. Think about what Paul said about God’s people being chastised.
You are right Daniel. My comment was to a OSAS person, and they know my feelings on that. God bless.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ took away sin. The sin of unbelief.

Don't be ignorant. What does the Law have to do with unbelief? Do you honestly believe if you have "belief" in Christ that your sins of murder and stealing are okay?

That law showed us our SIN. Not just the sin of unbelief. Jesus came to take away the transgressions from our hearts to make us truly righteous. And not just imputed righteousness, but active righteousness.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------
You have not yet learned the difference between being made to be sin-less and being sin-free.
The Sacrificial Blood of Christ makes us to be sin-less before the Father. You have nothing to do with that, except to recieve His Grace and to abide in FAITH by believing it. That's the Faith that God is looking for, that we should TRUST in the work His Son HAS "finished" for us, as well as His Father.
Yes! For Jesus, it was a two way street. The Father needed His Son's Sacrifice as much as we do, otherwise we would NEVER get to know Him, nor Him us.
So then, because of Christ, and faith in Him, we now have Peace with God, and we are no longer under condemnation. John 3:18.

Upon the Day of Jesus' glorious return, and our resurrection unto Christ's likeness of immortality, only then shall He make us to be sin-free.
Until the latter, try not to get callouses on your knees!!

BTW, your reference to wilful sin, in it's context (KJV), is speaking of trampling upon the blood of Christ, calling it to be "an unholy thing", AFTER one has been sanctified by it.
That specific act is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. ONLY that sin has never forgiveness. ALL OTHER SIN will be forgiven!

God didn't call us out of the world to be "sin-trackers"!!
So, get off your knees, and start walking in HIS Spirit, and not your own.