Born again requirement ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First of all - thanks for repeatedly quoting the Catholic Canon of Scripture.

Secondly - most reputable Protestant scholars have LONG-abandoned the silly idea that the Catholic Chuirch is the "Whore of Babylon".

Finally - you have to actually BE a child of God to say that others are persecuting you AS a child of God.
Jesus said THIS about His Church:
Luke 10:16

Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."
See that how we know you have nothing to do with God, always shouting down at teh people, listen to me or else. Well we dont and we wont. And by the way when we are joined to Him we are part of His church, has absolutely nothing to do with yours or any of mens religions, all man made to make slaves of men and all teh work of the devil. Our friend stranger who insist scripture has authority should come have a discussion with you, would be an interesting one.

And since your church is not His we dont have to and will not listen to its lies. We shall continue to watch you persecute teh Lord and His church, and shouting wont make teh lie into a truth,

did I forget, that catholic canon, thats how we know it is not the word of God, corrupted by your religion like everything else it touches.And just like canons its killing people,

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See that how we know you have nothing to do with God, always shouting down at teh people, listen to me or else. Well we dont and we wont. And by the way when we are joined to Him we are part of His church, has absolutely nothing to do with yours or any of mens religions, all man made to make slaves of men and all teh work of the devil. Our friend stranger who insist scripture has authority should come have a discussion with you, would be an interesting one.

And since your church is not His we dont have to and will not listen to its lies. We shall continue to watch you persecute teh Lord and His church, and shouting wont make teh lie into a truth,

did I forget, that catholic canon, thats how we know it is not the word of God, corrupted by your religion like everything else it touches.And just like canons its killing people,
"Shouting"??
I haven't used one, single exclamation point (!!!). That's how you "shout" in the written form.

As for the rest, let's see what you know about the Church . . .

A. When was the Church born?
If you said Pentecost - you're correct.

B. When was YOUR Church established?
If it was any time AFTER the 1st century - then you belong to a man-made sect.

C. Can you show me ANY documentation of your sect n the 1st or 2nd century??

D. When was YOUR online cult, aggressivechristianity.net established??
If you said 1980, you are correct.

E. Was this cult established by Jesus Christ, the Son of God?
If you said "No", you are correct. By the way - this question can be attributed to ANY of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Shouting"??
I haven't used one, single exclamation point (!!!). That's how you "shout" in the written form.

As for the rest, let's see what you know about the Church . . .

A. When was the Church born?
If you said Pentecost - you're correct.

B. When was YOUR Church established?
If it was any time AFTER the 1st century - then you belong to a man-made sect.

C. Can you show me ANY documentation of your sect n the 1st or 2nd century??

D. When was YOUR online cult, aggressivechristianity.net established??
If you said 1980, you are correct.

E. Was this cult established by Jesus Christ, the Son of God?
If you said "No", you are correct. By the way - this question can be attributed to ANY of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects.
I dont have a church, Jesus does, and it is not a building run by men, it is Spiritual made up of those who Believe in Christ, but your whole religion was built on a lie, about Peter, seeking to justify its place in teh world, because it is of this world.

There was a time when I wished you would go away, but I realized, teh people need to know what a pharisee is, and what they do, they also need to know how it was a man like Saul could possible persecute the Lord. and here we have you a fine example of both, You just yell and scream and shout at people till they go away, but your fall is coming, it must do, pride comes before a fall.

So yell cream shout all you like we wont go away, someone has to stand up to teh devil and his lies, and he has already cost me much, now its time he pay teh price.

Have a lovely day, those knives of yours are blunted.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont have a church, Jesus does, and it is not a building run by men, it is Spiritual made up of those who Believe in Christ, but your whole religion was built on a lie, about Peter, seeking to justify its place in teh world, because it is of this world.

There was a time when I wished you would go away, but I realized, teh people need to know what a pharisee is, and what they do, they also need to know how it was a man like Saul could possible persecute the Lord. and here we have you a fine example of both, You just yell and scream and shout at people till they go away, but your fall is coming, it must do, pride comes before a fall.

So yell cream shout all you like we wont go away, someone has to stand up to teh devil and his lies, and he has already cost me much, now its time he pay teh price.

Have a lovely day, those knives of yours are blunted.
And, again - I've never "yelled" or "screamed" on this forum.

Apparently, you're not familiar with the English grammatical rules regarding the written word. "Screaming" requires the use of exclamation point (!!!). That's how you "shout" in the written form.

You're a very angry and confused person. You hate the Church, yet you constantly quote the very Scriptures that were compiled and declared by that Church. You're a living, breathing contradiction . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, as I stated before - not ONE Early Church Father interprets John 3 in the way that YOU do.
Your view is a fairly recent invention in the span of Church history. So, you have to ask yourself - why would God hide the truth about spiritual rebirth from His Church for 1500+ years??
I answered that already...God did not hide the truth, but men chose instead to believe in a lie, to follow a man instead of the spirit of God, which resulted in a type of blindness not unlike that placed upon Israel.

But...that is your defense...that it has never been believed before? Seriously? Is God not a god of unfolding revelation? Did He not promise to lead us unto all truth, that there would be a falling away, that He would send strong delusion, and that there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth?

Reactions: buddyt

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're a very angry and confused person. You hate the Church, yet you constantly quote the very Scriptures that were compiled and declared by that Church. You're a living, breathing contradiction . .
All that bold is yelling , and if you really where not, you wouldnt need it as for the church, just mens religions, this bit,

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

which is all they do, its in your canon. And confused, only about how men who say they Love Jesus, would rather be in religion than in Him, but He knew it would be so, yes teh bible was compiled by a false religion, like so many, that had a needed to corrupt teh truth to its own end, and so it has. Even KJ version was twisted to suit Himself, that is what we are supposed to be Led by teh Spirit, but men have no faith in God or teh works of Jesus, so they follow after men to there own end, the blind following the blind. One day teh veil will be lifted and you will wonder. what was I doing, might be too late.

Not doing this for you, if Jesus cant change you we have no hope, its for teh poor young lams that have to put up with teh filth, they come to be filled with life, but all they see is death.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered that already...God did not hide the truth, but men chose instead to believe in a lie, to follow a man instead of the spirit of God, which resulted in a type of blindness not unlike that placed upon Israel.

But...that is your defense...that it has never been believed before? Seriously? Is God not a god of unfolding revelation? Did He not promise to lead us unto all truth, that there would be a falling away, that He would send strong delusion, and that there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth?
Soooo, you believe Jesus was a liar when He said that the Gates of Hell wouldn't prevail against His Church?
According to YOU - they DID prevail for 1500 years or so and Jesus was just another liar.

You can't have it both ways, Scott.
You can't have the truth while you're rebelling against it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that bold is yelling , and if you really where not, you wouldnt need it as for the church, just mens religions, this bit,

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

which is all they do, its in your canon. And confused, only about how men who say they Love Jesus, would rather be in religion than in Him, but He knew it would be so, yes teh bible was compiled by a false religion, like so many, that had a needed to corrupt teh truth to its own end, and so it has. Even KJ version was twisted to suit Himself, that is what we are supposed to be Led by teh Spirit, but men have no faith in God or teh works of Jesus, so they follow after men to there own end, the blind following the blind. One day teh veil will be lifted and you will wonder. what was I doing, might be too late.

Not doing this for you, if Jesus cant change you we have no hope, its for teh poor young lams that have to put up with teh filth, they come to be filled with life, but all they see is death.
And, as always - your ignorance is astonishing in light of the easy access of the Scriptures these days.
You condemn the Church because you don't have the slightest clue as to what Christ's Church is. This is evident because you keep pitting the Church and Christ against each other.
Allow me to educate you . . .

- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.

- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).

- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).

- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

- Jesus gave the Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).

So you see, my angry, ignorant friend - it's NOT Jesus OR the Church.
The Church is Christ on earth . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo, you believe Jesus was a liar when He said that the Gates of Hell wouldn't prevail against His Church?
According to YOU - they DID prevail for 1500 years or so and Jesus was just another liar.

You can't have it both ways, Scott.
You can't have the truth while you're rebelling against it.
No, that's crazy talk. I don't believe any such thing.

The victory has been won, but those things that have been written of these times shall come and have come. But your lot has not fared well. Still, the gospel has been preached, and yet what was not believed then is still not believed now and many have been deceived. Do you now deny that these very things, both good and bad, were not foretold?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's crazy talk. I don't believe any such thing.

The victory has been won, but those things that have been written of these times shall come and have come. But your lot has not fared well. Still, the gospel has been preached, and yet what was not believed then is still not believed now and many have been deceived. Do you now deny that these very things, both good and bad, were not foretold?
What? That many have been deceived?
Nope.

People have been deceived since the early days. There were the Gnostics, Nestorians, Pelagians, Arians, Sabellians, Manicheans, Donatists, Waldensians, Albigensians, etc. However, this was nothing compared to the untold millions have been deceived since the 16th century.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

People have been deceived since the early days. There were the Gnostics, Nestorians, Pelagians, Arians, Sabellians, Manicheans, Donatists, Waldensians, Albigensians, etc. However, this was nothing compared to the untold millions have been deceived since the 16th century.
You have placed yourself in a self-proclaimed bubble of exception, of which there are none... "Who me?...but Lord!" You kid yourself.

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope.

yes still doesnt change the fact your religion is built upon a lie, and Catholics have being deceived since its inception just like every one else. You choose your religion you are supposed to choose JEsus.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).

- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).

- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

- Jesus gave the Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18,
Never ever anywhere does He identify Himself with your church or any of mens, deceiving you know who teh deceiver is, your religion is builds upon catholism and doctrines established by men, has nothing to do with Christ which it the stone your religion rejected;.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Never ever anywhere does He identify Himself with your church or any of mens, deceiving you know who teh deceiver is, your religion is builds upon catholism and doctrines established by men, has nothing to do with Christ which it the stone your religion rejected;.

where did you get your authority from - Jesus did not say "he who hears you hears me" or that "what you bind or loose shall be bound or loosened" or for you to feed His sheep or lambs with your poison or that you are inspired or infallible - this is blasphemy and unforgiveable - imho - twinc

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
is water and Spirit = not Spirit alone or water alone or even Spirit and water - twinc

As Christians, we need to know water doesn't take sins away, water doesn't save, faith does but a water baptism can help show us, as a symbol, that we are new creations. A water baptism is important for those who do not quite understand that it is only the blood of Jesus that cleanses us and He has done what pleases God in our place and to undergo a water baptism is a way for us to grasp what a resurrected life means and it is a way for us to show our desire to please God.

Hebrews 9:14, 1 Peter 3:20,21.

Matthew 28:19, Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

What is a born again requirement? To be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and to do so, water is not used as a way of believing the Trinitarian view, scriptures are. Jesus forgives sin, God does too. Jesus receives worship, so does God. Jesus is good and Jesus said only God is good. Jesus is King of Kings, so is God, etc. Is someone truly born again without knowing Jesus is God?

John 3:3, Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

John 7:38, Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
where did you get your authority from - Jesus did not say "he who hears you hears me" or that "what you bind or loose shall be bound or loosened" or for you to feed His sheep or lambs with your poison or that you are inspired or infallible - this is blasphemy and unforgiveable - imho - twinc
ye , all the religious tell all those who disagree with them, that they blasphemy, supposed to make us cringe in the corner and run away scared. Who said I had any authority, your religion has none, as for poison yes i see it everyday, the religious condemning Gods children to death by religion, keeping Gods children from him that is teh greatest sin of all. So many religious peopel out there going to get a rude shock, for most it wil be too late.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
ye , all the religious tell all those who disagree with them, that they blasphemy, supposed to make us cringe in the corner and run away scared. Who said I had any authority, your religion has none, as for poison yes i see it everyday, the religious condemning Gods children to death by religion, keeping Gods children from him that is teh greatest sin of all. So many religious peopel out there going to get a rude shock, for most it wil be too late.

of course this is according to you or is it from the Holy Spirit via individual special inspiration and revelation granted to you and not to me or any other Catholic and especially not to the Pope or the magisterium - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
of course this is according to you or is it from the Holy Spirit via individual special inspiration and revelation granted to you and not to me or any other Catholic and especially not to the Pope or the magisterium - twinc
You would rather your religion than God, go right ahead, your religion has no authority except that given to it by the people, it is your idol, you must defend.

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You would rather your religion than God, go right ahead, your religion has no authority except that given to it by the people, it is your idol, you must defend.

you are your idol - this is terrible preferring yourself to God- twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you are your idol - this is terrible preferring yourself to God- twinc
Got out of wrong side of bed, or bad cup of coffee, hmm , think you need to go to your "priest" and ask for forgiveness than do your pennace for your sin, that Christ already payed for. So sad that teh religious only speak of their religion, all I speak of is Christ, funny how He said His name will offend many.

1Pe_2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Enjoy your sunday

Reactions: Helen