Born again... vs....not born again.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What does it mean to be born again?

It means that the spirit inside your body, that formally was separated from God's Holy Spirit by sin, has now been Re-Joined to God by "spiritual Birth"

This means that the Holy Spirit of God, has birthed your spirit into God.... who is
"A Spirit".

= Born......again......"spiritually"... having become a "new Creation (Spiritual Birth) in Christ"...

And that has nothing to do with water baptism.
So easy to understand and Praise God!!

Thank you Behold.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you a born again Christian that still commits sin?

All the born again, are "in Christ" and "one with God".
There is no sin found there.

You can't be a "sinner" and be "in Christ"., ... and all the born again are "IN CHRIST" = Forever.

What that means .. is, that the Blood of Jesus, has dealt with sin, ...like this..

1.) "God hath made JESUS..... to be SIN....for us".....

as

2.) "the ONE TIME...... Eternal ... Sacrifice for sin"..

So, if you have sin, then Jesus has not taken care of it, which means you are not born again yet.

Now, here is something for you to learn, by study,.

Go to Paul's 13 epistles, and discover why Paul never told any Christian to "confess sin", and notice that Paul never once confessed sin, in any of His epistles.

Then read, 1 John 3:9

2 Corinthians 5:19

Romans 4:8

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you mean by water....water baptism....then you are not true to God's word.
New birth is not by baptism no matter what some factions of the church say about it being available to infants. A person must be convinced in their own mind and make their own choice to accept Jesus. Not even a parent can make that decision for them.

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only The born again go to Heaven.
Only the Born again have Salvation.
Only the Born again, have become a "Son/Daughter" of God
Only The Born again, have been forgiven all sin forever.
Only the Born again, are 'In Christ".
Only the Born again, are "one with God".

Jesus said..."you must be Born again", and water can't do that for you, as its "By my Spirit, sayeth' the Lord" that you are born again.
Well said @Behold The sad fact is though that some factions of the church tell their members that new birth happens to infants. That when a baby is 'baptised' it is born again and becomes a member of the one true church and so prevents most of those children from discovering the actual true spiritual re-birth of their own free will. And this true spiritual re-birth is the only way we can become part of Christ's body the Church. This deceit is not Godly or righteous, in fact it is a ploy of the enemy to purposely deceive.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to be born again?

It means that the spirit inside your body, that formally was separated from God's Holy Spirit by sin, has now been Re-Joined to God by "spiritual Birth"

This means that the Holy Spirit of God, has birthed your spirit into God.... who is
"A Spirit".

= Born......again......"spiritually"... having become a "new Creation (Spiritual Birth) in Christ"...

And that has nothing to do with water baptism.
Well stated!

1 Corinthians 6:15-17 KJV
15) Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16) What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17) But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Much love!

Reactions: Behold and Pearl

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Here is a verse from John

“""""""Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin… In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil…"""""""

Now.....Notice that the verse is defining the born again as "does not commit sin", and the sinner is the child of the devil.

What does that mean?

It means that the born again, is the born again Spirit, and that is the "one who does not sin"., as the born again Spirit is "one with God" "In Christ".
  • That is not the mind or the body.... this is not your thinking. Its not your mind..., and you have to get that, you have to see that, reader., as its the born again SPIRIT, that is the "child of God" and the "new Creation in Christ". "Made righteous".

The Born again, are joined to God, and "God is A Spirit".

See that?

Whereas the unbeliever, is not the born again spirit, they are the dead spirit, still separated from God, in the dying body, that has their sin.
They are IN sin, have sin, and are sinners.

The born again are not any of this...ever again, having been BORN AGAIN.
Oh...
And I had hope that this was going to be a good thread discussing "born from above" vx the mistranslation "born again"....

Instead it's just another "holier than thou" thread....

Carry on.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well said @Behold The sad fact is though that some factions of the church tell their members that new birth happens to infants. That when a baby is 'baptised' it is born again and becomes a member of the one true church and so prevents most of those children from discovering the actual true spiritual re-birth of their own free will. And this true spiritual re-birth is the only way we can become part of Christ's body the Church. This deceit is not Godly or righteous, in fact it is a ploy of the enemy to purposely deceive.

@Pearl.

So much of what the Devil has led so called "christians" to believe, which is their deception that they teach from Pulpits and on Forums and on Blogs, and on Youtube, and on Online sites, and on TV, and in commentaries...books........... is a slight revision of a verse or verses found in a Bible.
Its a slight re-wording of verses, a small revision of the text.... or its a denial of them, altogether.

The first time Satan did this........ You had Eve, who had God's word.........which is.. "Dont eat that"..
So, that was the word of God. Clear as a BELL.
And the Devil took that, and denied it... as.... "hath God said"... which is....."is that the real meaning of the verse....hummm, let me show you a better understanding"., "let me show you what WE believe".. ."Let me show you what my Denomination teaches.... .= now we have 300 bibles that don't match perfectly, and 40,000 worldwide denomination, that can't agree.

See what Satan has done?
He is a master of confusion.. and strife creation.

All cults are manmade and are created by scriptures that are twisted or rewritten, often very very slightly.
And the reason that this deceives their members...., is because theological error is being mixed in with truth, and that veils it, and hides the lie.
And the thing about Satan's power to deceive, is that it turns off critical thinking and logic, = as the power of deception just overrules those, within those who are "mind blinded" by the Devil.

2 Corinthians 4:4

Notice..

Lets Take a garden hose, and fill up a Tub with water.
Now what is that?
Its a tub full of the city water supply...

Now, add some DEMONIC LIE to that, and teach it as..>"water washes away your SIN">.. "baptismal regeneration".... and yet SIN is in the heart, and water only touches the body on the outside.

So, LOGICALLY, we can instantly understand that a tub filled with the city water supply, can't save a house cat, much less "wash away your sin "
Yet, the DEVIL's power of deception is so strong, that once this situation is taught as "water baptism saves",. "water washes away your sin""....
= . then the power of Satan has the effect of "seeming to be TRUE".
That is how powerful a Satanic lie can be by misusing verses in a Bible to DECEIVE..... It literally has the power to turn off logic and common sense, and twist a person's mind into its control.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Im not certain who "bumped" this Thread.... that is from May 2023....... back into today's conversation, for a bit...
But, "thank you" for doing that..

-blessings

<B><

Reactions: gpresdo and Pearl

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Here is a verse from John

“""""""Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin… In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil…"""""""

Now.....Notice that the verse is defining the born again as "does not commit sin", and the sinner is the child of the devil.

What does that mean?

It means that the born again, is the born again Spirit, and that is the "one who does not sin"., as the born again Spirit is "one with God" "In Christ".
  • That is not the mind or the body.... this is not your thinking. Its not your mind..., and you have to get that, you have to see that, reader., as its the born again SPIRIT, that is the "child of God" and the "new Creation in Christ". "Made righteous".

The Born again, are joined to God, and "God is A Spirit".

See that?

Whereas the unbeliever, is not the born again spirit, they are the dead spirit, still separated from God, in the dying body, that has their sin.
They are IN sin, have sin, and are sinners.

The born again are not any of this...ever again, having been BORN AGAIN.
Born again is a change in the body, not the mind. Now, Let’s jump right in a conversation that Jesus was having with a man name Nicodemus. In John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family, Jesus was Born Again.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New birth is not by baptism no matter what some factions of the church say about it being available to infants. A person must be convinced in their own mind and make their own choice to accept Jesus. Not even a parent can make that decision for them.
Nothing in the Bible speaks that infants must be baptized. Repentance must be followed by baptism in order to be ...born again. Infants have not sinned yet.

Reactions: Pearl

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t subscribe to the traditional thinking on this subject.
Looking at the Scripture and follow the subject and the object. Who was Jesus speaking to? He was speaking to man that was alive, born of his mother from her womb. Her 'water broke' and he issued forth. Jesus tells this man that he must also be born from above (of the Spirit) to see the kingdom of God. ("born again" in the Greek is ‘born from above' - Strong's #509).

AGAIN: Greek word #509 anothen (an'-o-then);from 507; from above; by analogy, from the first; by implication, anew: KJV-- from above, again, from the beginning (very first), the top.​
The man, Nicodemus then speaks of the womb and Jesus does not correct him. Jesus acknowledges that man will not go through the womb for this second birth.

Jesus then removes all difficulty for us by telling Nicodemus in verse 6: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." Water baptism, while important, was simply not the subject in this Scripture. For water Baptism does not make one "born of the flesh," but the birth from the amniotic fluid of the womb does.

John 3:3-10
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [no mention of water Baptism here! The "water" from the above verse is the "flesh" in this verse]
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind ['The 'Spirit' in the Greek, with the article, i.e., The Holy Spirit. - Strong's # 4154 pneuma]bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit ['The 'Spirit' in the Greek, with the article, i.e., The Holy Spirit. - Strong's # 4154 pneuma] .
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? (KJV)​
In verse 10 above, Jesus acknowledges that Nicodemus is a ‘master of Israel', i.e., a teacher of the Law (Torah - Old Testament). Jesus chastised Nicodemus for not knowing the thing that Jesus was telling him. Jesus expected Nicodemus to know of the spiritual re-birth from the OLD TESTAMENT, for Nicodemus had not seen the New Testament which was not written for years after this day. In the Old Testament this new birth of the Spirit is written of, the Prophets of old foretold of this marvelous work of God that was to be done. Below are two Scriptural allusions to this spiritual birth (born again, i.e., born from above):

Ezek 11:19
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: (KJV)

Ps 51:5-13
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. (KJV)​
David's verse 13 above is spoken of again by James 1000 years later:

James 5:19-20
19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. (KJV)​

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you elaborate on this?

Much love!

Take a look at this verse in the book of Numbers.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Note what the verse says, God is not a man, neither is he the son of man. While Jesus walked with His disciples He called Himself the son of man. He was exactly that. He was born of a woman. But, when he was raised from the dead He was no longer in the man family neither was He flesh and blood. If he was flesh and blood He would not have been able to appear in the middle of the room with his apostles. Take a look at these verses. Can a flesh and blood man do this?

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further. 29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. 30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Look at verse 31, once they realized that it was Jesus they spoke with, what happen? He vanished out of their sight. Remember in John chapter 3 and verse 8. The Lord gave an example of how a spirit would look. He likened a spirit to the wind.( John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.) Can you or can you not see the wind?

Even Job was aware of this. Take a look.

Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Take a look at Philippians and you will see Job and Paul are on the same page.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Now we know we must be changed physically, let's see when this will take place what type of body we will have and why. Paul will show you this in I Corinthians the 15th chapter. Take a close look and you will understand why the Lord said in John chapter 3 flesh and blood can not see the kingdom of God. Pay close attention, Paul will repeat himself several times.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again is a change in the body, not the mind. Now, Let’s jump right in a conversation that Jesus was having with a man name Nicodemus. In John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family, Jesus was Born Again.
Christ never sinned while on this earth therefore He need not be born again. Your reading is a little wet here.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ never sinned while on this earth therefore He need not be born again. Your reading is a little wet here.
Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15: 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Jesus shouldn't have needed to be baptize either, but he had to so all this can be fulfilled by the scriptures.