BREAKING OF BREAD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so iow you are determined to read like a stubborn ten year old the rest of your life, we get it
Well, at least I don’t write like one.

Back to the subject at hand. Paul understood that when we eat/drink we participate in His body/blood.....why don’t you understand that?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Your ignorance of scripture astounds me. Eucharist, which in Greek is eucharistia, means thanksgiving. Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, .....

He TOLD us to do this in remembrance of Him.....Christians still do this 2000 years later. Sooo do you give thanks??
yknow, imo Catholics get some things right that Prots dont so much--eucharist idol aside--not to change the subject, but i am struck by most Catholics' level of forgiveness. And all i can put it down to is maybe experiencing more judgement younger, whereas Prots maybe spoil their kids more? dunno

Back to the subject at hand. Paul understood that when we eat/drink we participate in His body/blood.....why don’t you understand that?
your beliefs always have to be the absolute truth, huh mary. Standing where it should not be is the code for that i guess. And idc how Catholics ritualize or celebrate Communion Mary, that is really none of my business; as long as it has meaning for you, that works for me :)

And it's ok with me but How is it you did not know that I was not talking about bread, No one has ever gone up to heaven and all the others are not going to go away just because you steadfastly ignore them ok. Imo at least contemplate them for yourself. Have a good one
see how useful that is?
:D

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's ok with me but How is it you did not know that I was not talking about bread.....
i dont know bcause u never rlly anser my qstns.....butt im used to that

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Bible truth can overcome the lifetime brainwashing that is forced on the young Catholic.
That not entirely true. I grew up as a Catholic staying with them faithfully as an altar boy partaking of communion weekly over the years. During my teenage years my plan was to become a Catholic priest. Of course that never happened.

I left the CC at age 18 after graduating from high school in 1961. I have never returned as a member. In 1976 I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and began to read the Bible for the first time in my life. God has taken me a long way since then. For God in us, nothing is impossible.

Reactions: Stan B and bbyrd009

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
fortunately a Christian believer does not rely on one of Paul's wolves for their theology, huh?
You too are welcome to join Christianity and abandon the cult of Sol Invictus, pj

Beloved,

It has been a while. I trust you are well?

Ignatius was no wolf. He received these things from the apostles and was ordained by them and made bishop of the Church in Syria.
Polycarp, his brother bishop in Smyrna says this of him:

'The letters of Ignatius which were sent to us by him, and others as
many as we had by us, we send unto you, according as ye gave charge;
the which are subjoined to this letter; from which ye will be able to
gain great advantage. For they comprise faith and endurance and every
kind of edification, which pertaineth unto our Lord.'

Peace be with you.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who are "they" that Ignatius is railing against?

Answer: The Gnostics.

Hello Candidus,

Gnostics, Docetists, any number of other heretics.. Does it matter? These were not members of the apostolic community, or if they were, they had to leave it to continue in their error..

John says of them:

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Ignatius words are clear, as are Jesus' in John 6.

The Church has for 2000 years believed and taught that the Eucharist is truly the flesh and blood of Christ.

Now the truth is established on the testimony of 2 (or 3) witnesses.

The Church in Rome and the Church in Alexandria are 2, 2000 year old witnesses to the Truth.

Where are the 2000 year old Gnostic, Docetist or other Christian community that says otherwise?

The gospel really is this simple: believe, and be united with Jesus.

Did God really say eat and drink and live? Yes He really did...

Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever."

Peace be with you!

Reactions: Grailhunter

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Curious...why grape juice when scripture says wine?
Because our conscience lets us and Scripture doesn't have a law against it, but rather a Spirit that allows us to avoid legalism. None of us consume alcohol and I even have a medical condition that means I have to avoid alcohol. We also use bread with yeast in it. So what? If we have no grape juice we use water, or any other fruit juice we might have. So what? It's about remembering Christ's death to give us eternal life, not pretending to be more righteous by obeying a set of rules.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes:
WOW....so your the ONE who knows what is “right” when interpreting scripture :rolleyes:
ah no, just my opinion mary, as i plainly stated
It is not MY belief. It is the 2,000 year teaching of Christianity. But being a Christian I suspect you already knew that
well, really i suspect they didnt do it anything like your eucharist nor our communion, but i honestly dont know

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No Bible truth can overcome the lifetime brainwashing that is forced on the young Catholic.
yeh, we're all brainwashed when we're kids i guess, but Catholicism is a special breed huh? They sure seem more forgiving though. Well, than most Prots, not saying much i guess
ntmy, mark :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That not entirely true. I grew up as a Catholic staying with them faithfully as an altar boy partaking of communion weekly over the years. During my teenage years my plan was to become a Catholic priest. Of course that never happened.

I left the CC at age 18 after graduating from high school in 1961. I have never returned as a member. In 1976 I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and began to read the Bible for the first time in my life. God has taken me a long way since then. For God in us, nothing is impossible.
word

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Beloved,

It has been a while. I trust you are well?

Ignatius was no wolf. He received these things from the apostles and was ordained by them and made bishop of the Church in Syria.
Polycarp, his brother bishop in Smyrna says this of him:

'The letters of Ignatius which were sent to us by him, and others as
many as we had by us, we send unto you, according as ye gave charge;
the which are subjoined to this letter; from which ye will be able to
gain great advantage. For they comprise faith and endurance and every
kind of edification, which pertaineth unto our Lord.'

Peace be with you.
"gain great advantage" huh? look, i have no desire to denigrate Ignatius, but certainly he was a wolf, and couldnt help but be i guess. You can tell bc they accepted titles? And i guess that doesnt mean that everything he says is wrong or anything, or that he was by any means a bad guy...but he does embrace Death, More Abundantly, right? He's basically the Head Mithraist imo, although I have not seen such faith from anyone of Israel was said to a Roman, after all, so again i dont mean this like it is being read prolly.

but if you are trying to escape Catholicism, i suggest that there are better examples to read?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
John says of them:
or John says of you maybe, right?
See, i can tell Catholicism is not the way simply by how catholics speak, pj. And if i was going to go backwards, i would go back to Protesting, not Homogenizing. Now for whatever reason Yah saw fit to hide the gospel via Paul's wolves, and the Roman adoption and subversion of it, who are most certainly embodied by Ignatius and Polycarp, and the other Catholic Rock Stars, the arch-criminal MTeresa comes to mind, and i am aware that you gotta start somewhere, and you will be under servants until you inherit anyway, may as well start Catholic i guess, but that is imo, despite the testimony here, no harder to come out of than Protestantism

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i dont know bcause u never rlly anser my qstns.....butt im used to that
well mary, no offense but you can apparently neither read nor hear, and fwiw you might get a second opinion on who is not replying to questions between us sweetie. Best of luck to you ok?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah no, just my opinion mary, as i plainly stated
That is true. You did state it was your opinion of which you give A LOT on this forum.

Do you ever come to a conclusion and tell the rest of us on this forum what Catholics and Protestants get right? YES...you do...all the time. You have made it VERY clear how Catholic teaching is wrong in many aspects. Soooooo lets not pretend that it is ONLY your opinion that Catholics get some things right that Protestants don’t. You have made it VERY clear it is more than your opinion.;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well mary, no offense but you can apparently neither read nor hear, and fwiw you might get a second opinion on who is not replying to questions between us sweetie. Best of luck to you ok?
Lol.....You say “no offense” but then go on and (try) to offend me with an insult o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I am not the only one on this forum that has made it clear to you that you never really answer questions AND when you do answer it is a confusing mish mash of words that make no sense. Soooooo PLEASE do tell me.....what legitimate question have you asked me that I haven’t answered?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lol.....You say “no offense” but then go on and (try) to offend me with an insult o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I am not the only one on this forum that has made it clear to you that you never really answer questions AND when you do answer it is a confusing mish mash of words that make no sense. Soooooo PLEASE do tell me.....what legitimate question have you asked me that I haven’t answered?
not a big deal, Mary, as i said, i would mostly maybe reflect on those vv in private, for yourself. You dont owe me any answers, after all.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
who are most certainly embodied by Ignatius and Polycarp, and the other Catholic Rock Stars,

Thank you. You do me a great honour in recognizing my community in these heroes of the Faith.
Both martyred for the Truth, Polycarp miraculously so. Their blood, the seed scattered, and multiplyed 1000 fold..

Peace be with you!