Brief explanation: Salvation, Justification, Sanctification, Glorification

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The speaker hit on a lot of truth.

The wonder of Christianity, is that the goodness of God, comes to us, and its completely based on what Jesus has done.

So, based on the obedience of Christ Alone, all the Goodness of God, comes to us, if we are born again.

Everything we have from God, was earned by Christ and given to us as a Gift.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The speaker hit on a lot of truth.

The wonder of Christianity, is that the goodness of God, comes to us, and its completely based on what Jesus has done.

So, based on the obedience of Christ Alone, all the Goodness of God, comes to us, if we are born again.

Everything we have from God, was earned by Christ and given to us as a Gift.
Does that mean all for whom Christ died shall be saved ?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The sacrifice of God's BLOOD on the Cross, followed by God's bodily death and resurrection is , "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

God says that this "work".....as HE Completed it, is all HE ACCEPTS to accept us..

God accepts what HE DID.....He does not accept what WE do.

God came here, John 3:16. to complete redemption for the sin of the entire world".......and this is God's Love Give, that IS the Cross, given to the entire world of Humanity, that continues to be offered to each and everyone.

All who kneel before the Cross, repenting of their unbelief, .......God sees this heart faith, and accepts this heart faith to take you, save you, and keep you as HIS OWN FAMILY MEMBER, for all eternity.
You are born again, INTO God, = into God's family of the Spiritually Redeemed.

Salvation, is God Himself on the Cross dealing with all the sin of the world.
And this is applied to each person, through their faith.
"Faith is COUNTED by God, as Righteousness".
You Give God your Faith in Christ, and God Gives you,> for your faith<, His very own Holiness, that becomes you as "a new creation IN Christ".

That is Salvation. That is "The gift of Salvation".......That is "The Gift of Righteousness".
The born again, are "MADE RIGHTEOUS"..

Reactions: Heart2Soul

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sacrifice of God's BLOOD on the Cross, followed by God's bodily death and resurrection is , "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

God says that this "work".....as HE Completed it, is all HE ACCEPTS to accept us..

God accepts what HE DID.....He does not accept what WE do.

God came here, John 3:16. to complete redemption for the sin of the entire world".......and this is God's Love Give, that IS the Cross, given to the entire world of Humanity, that continues to be offered to each and everyone.

All who kneel before the Cross, repenting of their unbelief, .......God sees this heart faith, and accepts this heart faith to take you, save you, and keep you as HIS OWN FAMILY MEMBER, for all eternity.
You are born again, INTO God, = into God's family of the Spiritually Redeemed.

Salvation, is God Himself on the Cross dealing with all the sin of the world.
And this is applied to each person, through their faith.
"Faith is COUNTED by God, as Righteousness".
You Give God your Faith in Christ, and God Gives you,> for your faith<, His very own Holiness, that becomes you as "a new creation IN Christ".

That is Salvation. That is "The gift of Salvation".......That is "The Gift of Righteousness".
The born again, are "MADE RIGHTEOUS"..
Okay this sounds like salvation by the will of man.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Okay this sounds like salvation by the will of man.

Salvation is by the will of God.......not by the will of man.

Salvation by the will of man, would be all Religion.

It was God, as Christ, obeying the will of God the Father, when Christ said....."not my WILL, but YOUR's FATHER....be DONE">
That "will", is the CROSS.
So, that is God, in a Body, (Jesus) offering His Body and Blood and Death, as the one time and forever eternal sacrifice for the the sin of the World. John 3:16 So, that.......
"all who would believe on Jesus", who is God, would be "justified from all things that you can't be justified from, by the Law of Moses".

Man is not able to meet God's Holy Standard, so, God came here as a man to meet them for Himself, and offer this as "the Gift of Salvation", and "The Gift of Righteousness".

So, Salvation is not by the "will of man", as you stated, its strictly by the Will of God, and it's completely Accomplished by GOD Himself, who became a man, according to His Will that= "all who call on the Name of Jesus", will be born again.

Salvation is not by man's will, but it by God's will, and its God.... who according to His will, became a man and offered Himself for your sin, and mine.

And this OFFERING, through this one time Offering, we find that the the World is INVITED to become a part of God's eternal Spiritual Family.

This is God's Mercy known Theologically as God's Grace.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is by the will of God.......not by the will of man.

Salvation by the will of man, would be all Religion.

It was God, as Christ, obeying the will of God the Father, when Christ said....."not my WILL, but YOUR's FATHER....be DONE">
That "will", is the CROSS.
So, that is God, in a Body, (Jesus) offering His Body and Blood and Death, as the one time and forever eternal sacrifice for the the sin of the World. John 3:16 So, that.......
"all who would believe on Jesus", who is God, would be "justified from all things that you can't be justified from, by the Law of Moses".

Man is not able to meet God's Holy Standard, so, God came here as a man to meet them for Himself, and offer this as "the Gift of Salvation", and "The Gift of Righteousness".

So, Salvation is not by the "will of man", as you stated, its strictly by the Will of God, and it's completely Accomplished by GOD Himself, who became a man, according to His Will that= "all who call on the Name of Jesus", will be born again.

Salvation is not by man's will, but it by God's will, and its God.... who according to His will, became a man and offered Himself for your sin, and mine.

And this OFFERING, through this one time Offering, we find that the the World is INVITED to become a part of God's eternal Spiritual Family.

This is God's Mercy known Theologically as God's Grace.
After all that still sounds like you teach salvation by the will of man.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ died for the sins of the whole world. But only those who obey the Gospel are saved. There is no such thing as either Universalism or Unconditional Election for salvation.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died for the sins of the whole world. But only those who obey the Gospel are saved. There is no such thing as either Universalism or Unconditional Election for salvation.
So that is salvation by works !

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This sounds like salvation by the will of man.
Hi. True faith always results in works.
When I first heard John 3:16 during the summer of 1973, I believed it in my heart. My spirit was reborn by faith, which came as a free gift from Jesus.
After searching desperately for God for 4 months, I walked into a church I didn't know. It was July, 1994.
After the service, we were given the opportunity to come forward for prayer. I went.
As I stood at the front and a man came and stood in front of me, I had a vision of my Father's love for me.
He knew everything I'd ever done and everything about me and yet He loved me unconditionally. It was the happiest day of my life.
As happy as the day I met Jesus in 1973. Just deeper.
During late 1999 I was an unhappy camper and was wondering where all the peace and joy I'd known a few years earlier had gone. I was, after all, born again.
I was being told by friends that I needed to go to a 5-day Christian retreat. I didn't want to. I had a wife, a house, a car, a fellowship, a ministry that was widely known to be anointed by God. I was popular. I was in Christ.
I didn't want anything else...except to be happy. I was determined to stand my ground until I got there...again.
The Lord was telling me Matthew 21:44: "And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whosoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder." Mathew 21:44 King James Version
I ignored it.
During February, 2000 I was ground to powder by the Rock. It wasn't the Lord's first choice.
3 weeks later I went to the 5-day retreat and learned about the true condition of my heart. "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9 Berean Study Bible.
After a long time of struggle and anguish, I can confidently say, "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20 New Living Translation :)
The above may not be perfect but neither am I.

Last edited by a moderator:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. True faith always results in works.
When I first heard John 3:16 during the summer of 1973, I believed it in my heart. My spirit was reborn by faith, which came as a free gift from Jesus.
After searching desperately for God for 4 months, I walked into a church I didn't know. It was July, 1994.
After the service, we were given the opportunity to come forward for prayer. I went.
As I stood at the front and a man came and stood in front of me, I had a vision of my Father's love for me.
He knew everything I'd ever done and everything about me and yet He loved me unconditionally. It was the happiest day of my life.
As happy as the day I met Jesus in 1973. Just deeper.
During late 1999 I was an unhappy camper and was wondering where all the peace and joy I'd known a few years earlier had gone. I was, after all, born again.
I was being told by friends that I needed to go to a 5-day Christian retreat. I didn't want to. I had a wife, a house, a car, a fellowship, a ministry that was widely known to be anointed by God. I was popular. I was in Christ.
I didn't want anything else...except to be happy. I was determined to stand my ground until I got there...again.
The Lord was telling me Matthew 21:44: "And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whosoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder." Mathew 21:44 King James Version
I ignored it.
During February, 2000 I was ground to powder by the Rock. It wasn't the Lord's first choice.
3 weeks later I went to the 5-day retreat and learned about the true condition of my heart. "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9 Berean Study Bible.
After a long time of struggle and anguish, I can confidently say, "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20 New Living Translation :)
Still sounds like salvation by the will of man. Noticed you said:

You were saved/reborn by something you did !