Basic salvation (Soteriology) doctrines

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basic salvation doctrines are propitiation (God's wrath was satisfied by Christ's sacrifice), justification (just as if we have never sinned), sanctification (ongoing) and imputed righteousness (Christ takes our sins and gives us His righteousness....so in God's sight, we are holy/righteous.)

Sanctification is the ongoing process in our lives as the Holy Spirit deals with us in our hearts...to conform us to the image of Christ. But our legal standing before God is having the imputed righteousness of Christ.

You need to understand about walking in the Spirit so you won't walk in the flesh.

Do you realize once we accept Christ as our personal Savior that the Holy Spirit comes to reside in us to help us live godly?

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16.

We don't have to walk in sin, although we might sometimes stumble. In that case, remember 1 John 1:9. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Accept your cleansing and move on in your walk with the Lord.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some helps in learning to walk in the Spirit...

Colossians 3:12-17
12Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Basic salvation doctrines are propitiation (God's wrath was satisfied by Christ's sacrifice), justification (just as if we have never sinned), sanctification (ongoing) and imputed righteousness (Christ takes our sins and gives us His righteousness....so in God's sight, we are holy/righteous.)

Sanctification is the ongoing process in our lives as the Holy Spirit deals with us in our hearts...to conform us to the image of Christ. But our legal standing before God is having the imputed righteousness of Christ.

You need to understand about walking in the Spirit so you won't walk in the flesh.

Do you realize once we accept Christ as our personal Savior that the Holy Spirit comes to reside in us to help us live godly?

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16.

We don't have to walk in sin, although we might sometimes stumble. In that case, remember 1 John 1:9. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Accept your cleansing and move on in your walk with the Lord.
Well said, Sister...Praise God that you speak his Living word into our hearts!!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I AM not mad at you My son, keep walking". These are the words I heard back then, when I stumbled, when I was upset at myself for sinning. Eventually, His Love wins us over completely. Confessing our sins before Him, is important, despite what others may teach. It is like having a book. Each day represent a page. And on that page are the sins we comited that day. But because of this, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." If we were to look back at all the preceding pages we will find them all blank. And in the end when the books are opened....... Ah The Blood Of The Lamb, who could of saw that coming, surely not the ruler of this world. Thank you Jesus!

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Debp

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best part of all is that He forgets our sin, forever! Why is it so hard for some of us to still remember them and mourn over them? God removed them, amen!

Good post Debp

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12

“I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.” Isaiah 43:25

“You have put all my sins behind your back” (Isaiah 38:17).

• Love
Reactions: Debp