Brithish 'Ethicists': Babies Can Be Killed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Any society that begins to actively reduce the value of life and the rights of any specific group "for the good of all" will realize all too late that it is too late to get off that slippery slope...

British ‘Ethicists’: Babies Can Be Killed

by William Bigelow

Two medical ethicists connected to Oxford University are arguing in Oxford’s Journal of Medical Ethics that babies have no moral status, and can be killed because they are only “potential persons” rather than “actual persons.” They also argue that if a newborn is disabled, it can be killed.

The journal’s editor, Prof Julian Savulescu, director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, said in their defense, “The goal of the Journal of Medical Ethics is not to present the Truth or promote some one moral view. It is to present well reasoned argument based on widely accepted premises.” When asked about the threats made against the article’s authors, he casually categorized them as “fanatics opposed to the very values of a liberal society.”

The article, “After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?”, was written by two of Prof Savulescu’s former associates, Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. They wrote:
“The moral status of an infant is equivalent to that of a fetus in the sense that both lack those properties that justify the attribution of a right to life to an individual … Both a fetus and a newborn certainly are human beings and potential persons, but neither is a ‘person’ in the sense of ‘subject of a moral right to life’.

We take ‘person’ to mean an individual who is capable of attributing to her own existence some (at least) basic value such that being deprived of this existence represents a loss to her … it is not possible to damage a newborn by preventing her from developing the potentiality to become a person in the morally relevant sense …
what we call ‘after-birth abortion’ (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled.”

And in the time honored philosophy of those who see life as purely a utilitarian matter, they conclude: “To bring up such children might be an unbearable burden on the family and on society as a whole, when the state economically provides for their care.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/04/12/British-Ethicists-Infanticide

Reactions: veteran

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Wow...not unlike Hitler, huh? Only they're saying it can be done to any/all races that display disabilities. I reckon they're going to have a special place in hell reserved for them. The bible tells us that God gets seriously wrathful over two particular things: picking on widows and children.
Wonder if these people realise that at some point they were newborns who weren't ‘subject of a moral right to life’, but were given the chance anyway, and apparently all they have to offer up to humanity and as an excuse for their right to exist is the pushing of a belief that it is okay and certainly acceptable to murder babies. Wow, I bet they make their parents proud.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"“To bring up such children might be an unbearable burden on the family and on society as a whole, when the state economically provides for their care.”"

Hmm, sounds like ObamaCare can have a toehold in that last phrase.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
This doesn't sound right to me. I can't imagine anyone in the health proffession saying that babies are not real people and are expendable. If he really did write this then I imagine that it would come up against some pretty stiff opposition and there's no way the NHS is going to take it on board. I can't imagine the trouble this kind of thing would cause if it was ever made official policy and I don't think it is likely that it ever will be.

I'm not so sure if Oxford Unviersity is anything to do with the Illuminati or even if the Illuminati isn't just something made up by consipiracy theorists.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Madness ! Satan's time is hear and in full swing.
The problem is the young generations are all for it and full on with it all. with the forums i am on that have nothing to do with Christianity.
It has to be rammed down there neck at schools just like Hitler people did. and i have a hell of a time to try to snap them out of it.