Bullingerism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
It begins to look like God brought me to this site in order to fill my boots re Bullingerism.

When the boots have been filled will it have been his purpose that I should become a Bullingerite or move on having become a more rounded Christian?

Let us suppose a young woman whom we will call Mary, is going out into service. She obtains a position in a humble home belonging to a good family of the working class. There are certain rules governing that home which she must learn to observe. All perhaps is not plain to her at once, but as time goes on, she learns more and more fully the desires of her mistress. We will say she is to rise at five every morning and begin to prepare the breakfast and put up the lunches for those who go out to work. At six she is to ring the rising bell; at half-past six the family are supposed to be at the breakfast-table; and at seven they leave for work. Dinner of course is at a certain hour at night, and in the meantime she has her different duties to perform in keeping the house in order. She learns quite thoroughly the domestic economy of this particular home and becomes a well-qualified household servant. Now let us suppose that later on she finds that a cook and housekeeper is needed for the large mansion on the hill. She applies for the position and is accepted. Moving in, her mistress undertakes to instruct her in the economy of the new home, but Mary says, "You need not give me any instructions, Ma'am, I know exactly how a house should be run. just leave it to me and everything will be attended to properly. I have had some years of experience in housekeeping and I would not have asked for the position if I did not know what was required." Her mistress is dubious, but, for the time being, acquiesces.

The next morning, the waking-gong sounds at six o'clock. The family, who are accustomed to banker's hours during the day and are given to very late hours at night, are astonished and chagrined at being aroused so early. The mistress calls down to the housekeeper, "What does this mean?" and learns that breakfast will be on the table in half-an-hour.

"Why, Mary," she exclaims; "we never breakfast here until half-past eight."

"But the breakfast is hot and the lunches are all ready, Ma'am."

"No one carries lunches in this home. You see, Mary, you do not understand the arrangement here. I shall have to instruct you carefully today." And poor bewildered Mary learns the importance of dispensational truth!

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
It begins to look like God brought me to this site in order to fill my boots re Bullingerism.

When the boots have been filled will it have been his purpose that I should become a Bullingerite or move on having become a more rounded Christian?

That “fill my boots” reminds me of an old CBer’s joke: What is the difference between cowboy boots and truckers boots?

wayofthespirit

Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
That “fill my boots” reminds me of an old CBer’s joke: What is the difference between cowboy boots and truckers boots?

Actually, because I'm already 'too big for my boots' there isn't much room left in them for Bullingerism.
wink.gif

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Hi Mike,

Concerning dispensations and structure, they seem go hand in hand.

1 Corinthians 9:17 (King James Version)

[sup]17[/sup]For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Here we have Paul talking about his dispensation or administration.....

2 Corinthians 12:4 (King James Version)

[sup]4[/sup]How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Paul is obviously talking about himself here, but he had seen things or revelations that where not his to give. John the Revelator would bare record of that future time the way I see it. However John was only to bear record, who would be the administrator?

Ephesians 3:2 (King James Version)

[sup]2[/sup]If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Paul seems to be teaching us about his involvement in the dispensation of grace.....

Matthew 19:6 (King James Version)

[sup]6[/sup]Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

The converse must be true also, what God has not put together.......

Now here is where dispensation and structure really compliment each other.

It would appear at face value that we are just talking about divorce, even his own disciples did not understand for they say, "it is not good to marry". They where missing the point. At the end of this structure v. 11-12. He said to them, " All men cannot receive this saying", but it seemed so easy! Take a look:

Matthew 19:12 (King James Version)

[sup]12[/sup]For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

This lesson has to do with the Kingdom of Heaven, this belongs to a specific time or dispensation which is not Pauls. In the superior structure we find we are in the gospel division of the Proclamations concerning the rejection. Where I am coming from here is we see Paul had certain duty's within the dispensation of grace that do not apply in the kingdom dispensations,...this offering while offered back then was different than Pauls. The reason he could not utter these things is it was meant for a future dispensation. A dispensation when the seed would fall on good soil (parable of the sower).

Irish

wayofthespirit

Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
Hi Mike,

Concerning dispensations and structure, they seem go hand in hand.

1 Corinthians 9:17 (King James Version)

[sup]17[/sup]For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Here we have Paul talking about his dispensation or administration.....

1 Corinthians 9:17 (Young's Literal Translation)

[sup]17[/sup]for if willing I do this, I have a reward; and if unwillingly -- with a stewardship I have been entrusted!

Is there a conclusion here somewhere?

Mike

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009

[sup]17[/sup]for if willing I do this, I have a reward; and if unwillingly -- with a stewardship I have been entrusted!

Mike

Yes, Young is for the young. I would rather do my own translating.

Irish

Jan 31, 2010

Mike

That dispensationalism existed before Bullinger........

Irish

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Umm....

According to Paul, the church is not Israel, and the nations are not the church or Israel. What is this if not dispensational distinction?