Bullying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have encountered Him a few times, and I can absolutely truthfully tell you that He is anything BUT a bully. As a matter of fact, so many things pastors tried to tell me over the years, have absolutely given the impression that God is always angry at us and finding fault....No so ! We don't understand His Love, I didn't either, and it took Him decades to where I understood Gods IS LOVE ! Not like our best human love, MUCH higher and purer than that...

bully? what are you talking about? never mind, I don't want to know.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think sometimes people have no idea that they are bullying.
I have a son in law which is a bully...if ever it's pointed out, he is shocked and says that he is "all sweetness and light".
So maybe some don't know that they are...some people are blunt speaking, and abrasive..and very intimidating.
I have a younger brother who is actually quite proud of his 'blunt way of speaking' he calls it 'telling the truth'.
We have all tried over the years to change him, but he is totally ignorant of how the rest of the family feel about his rude,dominant, intimidating over baring attitude.
No one much likes him. And I always try to keep my distance. Sad.

Reactions: amadeus and pia

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. It's because bullies believe (when they are in a room full of people who go silent when He shouts them down) that people are stupid and weak; the bullies only goal is to win the argument or forced their point. In fact, the room is disengaging and viewing the bullies as someone who must be endured for a time, to preserve the peace. Bullies are living newly people who don't understand why they are lonely - "I win every point, I am a winner! Why am I alone?" Our President is a lonely man

Reactions: pia

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus a drill Sargent?

No, But I believe that there were times that He raised His voice, In Righteous Indignation! Did he not make a whip and clear the Temple Mount of Money changers, and sellers of lambs, doves, and the like. Also where we read Verily, Verily, I think there is emphasis on loudness of His voice, and where He called the Pharisees Hippocrates, I think He did it in anger, a loud voice. I don't think He went around all wimpy and soft spoken. Remember He is the Truth, and anytime He confronted those that were leading His people astray, He Made it clear, when He Refuted them.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, But I believe that there were times that He raised His voice, In Righteous Indignation! Did he not make a whip and clear the Temple Mount of Money changers, and sellers of lambs, doves, and the like. Also where we read Verily, Verily, I think there is emphasis on loudness of His voice, and where He called the Pharisees Hippocrates, I think He did it in anger, a loud voice. I don't think He went around all wimpy and soft spoken. Remember He is the Truth, and anytime He confronted those that were leading His people astray, He Made it clear, when He Refuted them.

you can explain all you want friend, but they know exactly what they are doing and trying to justify it, but the truth doesn't offend those who love it, no matter its form. they seek excuse to be offended by the expression of the truth that isn't with a spoon full of sugar, or in a form they find pleasing as they judge it ought to be in their view. the Pharisees and many of the Jews in Jesus' day did the very same thing.

people have a pleasant disposition to gain anything they want, especially money, they think that you are supposes to seek their approval, and insist on it, like you are selling furniture, or cable tv, or cell phone service. and the very same can't understand how pedophiles get close to their children in churches and schools and the like. its because the predator plays their game, according to their rules, and they like it. hence its not about the truth it about how they feel about what is said.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, so kindness is just a weapon pedophiles use to groom a victim.......

Wow

Crazy how the Devil can warp the perception of a fruit of the Spirit into fear and hatred.......and we waste time arguing about superstition and the date Jesus is coming back - sigh.

We are missing the insidious, subtle, and vicious attacks of the Devil - dualism, misdirection, reframing, glibness within our spirituality and doctrine, while we get stuck in unimportant nuances in doctrine and scripture.

Oh the humanity

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. It's because bullies believe (when they are in a room full of people who go silent when He shouts them down) that people are stupid and weak; the bullies only goal is to win the argument or forced their point. In fact, the room is disengaging and viewing the bullies as someone who must be endured for a time, to preserve the peace. Bullies are living newly people who don't understand why they are lonely - "I win every point, I am a winner! Why am I alone?" Our President is a lonely man
You would find yourself so surprised if you would watch some of the many videos of President Trump in meetings with his subordinates. He hardly ever does much but listen to them. I know it sure surprised me when I caught onto that particular fact.

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your insight!
What is the proper response to a bully? Is an response effective? And actually, what is the goal of confronting a bully?
When I was in elementary school I was a protector of the weak, as fellow class mates would identify bullies that say took their lunch monies?

The best way to stop the bullying was to stomp the bully into the ground, get the lunch monies back, lesson learned, or another stomping was coming!

In return I got to play tether ball and hop scotch with all the pretty girls!

I was a leader growing up, a protector of the weak always.

Reactions: aspen