By Love Serve One Another

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then pray that God allows you to see with different eyes. Stop justifying yourself. Can a person correct their own bent? Pray to God for humility.

I have no idea what you are saying here, ?

Different eyes...please explain using scripture?

Stop justifying myself...please explain?

Can a person correct their own bent?...scripture please?

No one said that we can. But we can love as we are commanded to...the royal law...to care for others as we do ourselves. Go visit the poor. The gospel is meant to be preached to the poor...not the rich. The rich twist things to their own advantage.
A Born Again is being made into the image of Jesus, by the power of His Spirit, we are under grace not law..

I go by the will of God, if God wills me to visit the poor ,his will be done...

We are led by the Spirit....not by ourselves.....our spirit is led ,as we are God’s Spiritual Children.

false. To love is to serve others...to help others in times of need. Read about the good Samaritan. Did Jesus condemn him...or was he rebuking those who thought they were already saved?
Back it up with scripture please? thank you.

Edit to add...To Love is to serve God....which only he can open our hearts to love as he loves...

Plus we can only be led by His Spirit....not by our own human emotions...we wait patiently on the Lord to direct our path....

Going our own way achieves nothing....we are Spirit led.my opinion/ belief.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We see things as we are. If our eye is dark then all is darkness. If our eye is light than all is light.

You can't see what God sees because your soul is tainted with sin. So all you see is sin. That is something that comes back on you...tells us of your own state.

Was the good Samaritan really just a cannibal looking to rape and kill??? Of course there is much evil in the world. And your way of seeing is so focused on evil that you can't see anything but that. But that way of seeing comes from a bent that doesn't allow for any light to penetrate. For you the tree of both good and evil is only evil...so you see no good in the world. You deny that people are indeed created in God's image. If we want to look for evil in the word...look inwardly.

When do the righteous serve the Lord? When they help the least of the brethren. God is merciful and mercy triumphs over judgment. Love covers a multitude of sins.

Are you really the only paragon of good in the world that you judge yourself to be the best example of what people can do?

No humility or fear of the Lord. And you are looking for evil? Look to yourself.
Oh I do look to myself, don't you worry about that. I came to realize that in me, my flesh, is no good thing, that's for sure. The heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it? And isn't that really true of everyone and why we all need the Saviour?

If I'm not mistaken you are having in mind the Romans 2 scriptures about Gentiles doing by nature the works of the Law and thus showing the work of the law written on their hearts. But we can't take one passage and make a doctrine out of it which contradicts so many other teachings.....we need the whole context and whole counsel of God on the matter to rightly divide and apprehend, in Spirit, the point that the passage is trying to make. To convince me that it is saying what you believe it is saying, someone would have to make and build the case with a lot more scrips than that one passage.......because I see even a little further along in Romans, scrips that don't agree with how you are seeing it. Scriptures on the whole sure do make the case for the gospel and the need to receive Christ by faith to be able to inherit eternal life.

The furthest I'm willing to consider or concede is that hypothetically there may be rare instances where some who don't know Christ, but might have the faith of Abraham and a face to face relationship with God but with limited knowledge and understanding, and without having access to a bible or having heard the gospel and so don't know the name of Jesus. Perhaps they might still be saved by faith like the OT saints were, who didn't understand the gospel or know who the Messiah was going to be. But I think that would be the rare exception and certainly not the rule that needs to be taught.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All in God’s timing...we can do nothing in our own strength.

View attachment 44591
We can do nothing ETERNAL in our own strength. But we can do the will of the Father for humanity in our own strength...otherwise no one could be judged let alone condemned. All will be judged based on their love for others. God will have mercy on the merciful. He will give an inheritance to the humble. He will save those who fear Him.

What religious types get confused about is the gospel message of the higher walk...that does ALL these things to the max...as Jesus did. But is that the only standard? No....there is a standard of mercy AND of perfection in Christ. And the saints will rule over the righteous in the nations forever.

Your way of seeing has a religious bent, so that you don't see either level of God's ways. There are saints, who don't sin. And there are the righteous who have a good disposition, but still sin.

The modern church has left out the standard of Christ...to love as Jesus loves...and replaced that with a very carnal religious bent that self-justifies like all the evil religions of the world. The problem begins when we put ourselves in a good place...rather than actually walking in the higher ground of holiness whereby it is God who justifies us through His eternal life and holiness...where there is NO sin.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We can do nothing ETERNAL in our own strength. But we can do the will of the Father for humanity in our own strength...
That is not what God’s word says...we can do nothing and are nothing without His Spirit....we are Spirit led, once we become Born Again.
otherwise no one could be judged let alone condemned. All will be judged based on their love for others. God will have mercy on the merciful. He will give an inheritance to the humble. He will save those who fear Him.

What religious types get confused about is the gospel message of the higher walk...that does ALL these things to the max...as Jesus did. But is that the only standard? No....there is a standard of mercy AND of perfection in Christ. And the saints will rule over the righteous in the nations forever.
Please back your words up using scripture?
Your way of seeing has a religious bent, so that you don't see either level of God's ways. There are saints, who don't sin. And there are the righteous who have a good disposition, but still sin.
That’s your opinion of me..not God’s truth...I can only go by the word of God..not others opinions of me ..thank you.
The modern church has left out the standard of Christ...to love as Jesus loves...and replaced that with a very carnal religious bent that self-justifies like all the evil religions of the world. The problem begins when we put ourselves in a good place...rather than actually walking in the higher ground of holiness whereby it is God who justifies us through His eternal life and holiness...where there is NO sin.
Again, your own opinion...thank you for sharing.

Reactions: APAK and Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Taking on a religious bent doesn't save anyone. It just puffs up a religious ego...so that a person feels they are justified in their own eyes, and they are now qualified to condemn others. But that is the way of death. There is a way that seems right to the ego driven mind...

But we are saved through love. The commandments are to love. There is SO MUCH ignorance of the higher walk in Christ. To walk in the Spirit is to walk in God's love....the fourth dimension (spiritual life) IS love. God is love. Pharisees HATE that.

Jesus loved. God so loved the world. Not the systems of the world...but poor people...people who suffer. Those who have suffered in the flesh have ceased from sin...the sins that condemn people to a bad end....whether inside the church or outside. The lake of fire for the wicked outside the church...but outer darkness for those who judge those who are better than themselves in God's eyes.

As we judge we will be judged. So much blindness trying to penetrate the light on this thread. But it must be so. Not everyone will hear the truth and repent from their ways.
And you are judging, wrongly, that everyone who disagrees with you on this is judging others.

All I want to discuss is the word of God.....so why don't you bring it? Please make the case for what you are saying. I'd be happy if this were true. But instead of bringing the word of God to bear all you want to do is accuse and rebuke falsely as you always do. Looks to me like you are hiding behind a wall of aggression and flaming arrows because you have no case and are unable to defend your point of view with scripture. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Reactions: APAK and Ritajanice

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said...without Me you can do nothing. When religious types read that, they think that there is NOTHING that can be done that has any merit outside the religious organization called "church."

But Jesus is speaking from an eternal perspective...something that doesn't enter the mind of people who are unlearned about spiritual things.

Can we take out the garbage without Christ? Yes...because it involves temporal things. Can we love others as ourselves without Christ? Yes...because we can learn to care for others...even above ourselves. Jesus said, greater love has no man than this...that he lay down his life for others. So then can we do sacrificial things without Christ? Yes. The Samaritan is a good example of this.

Jesus is speaking about the holiness walk so often, as are Paul and Peter etc. Because people only have a shallow understanding of eternal things, many will assume that God is dogmatic about what we can and cannot do. But this gives a person a religious bent that is not soon straightened. It is those who do the will of the Father that are saved. And God commands us to love. In whatever capacity we have...whether of ourselves OR of Christ. The lower standard is covered by God's mercy...the higher standard gets an eternal reward. One inherits the earth...and the other abides in the holy city to be with God forever.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said...without Me you can do nothing. When religious types read that, they think that there is NOTHING that can be done that has any merit outside the religious organization called "church."

But Jesus is speaking from an eternal perspective...something that doesn't enter the mind of people who are unlearned about spiritual things.

Can we take out the garbage without Christ? Yes...because it involves temporal things. Can we love others as ourselves without Christ? Yes...because we can learn to care for others...even above ourselves. Jesus said, greater love has no man than this...that he lay down his life for others. So then can we do sacrificial things without Christ? Yes. The Samaritan is a good example of this.

Jesus is speaking about the holiness walk so often, as are Paul and Peter etc. Because people only have a shallow understanding of eternal things, many will assume that God is dogmatic about what we can and cannot do. But this gives a person a religious bent that is not soon straightened. It is those who do the will of the Father that are saved. And God commands us to love. In whatever capacity we have...whether of ourselves OR of Christ.
This is what you believe and voice as an opinion which you are entitled to do.

Please back everything you say here using the word of God.

The above are your words.....that’s why I’m having a hard job understanding “ your” words...I can only understand in the Spirit...again that is my opinion.

Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But we can do the will of the Father for humanity in our own strength
And here's me thinking I can't serve God in my own strength......tried that and failed. Isn't that the whole point of burying "our" corn of wheat in the ground to die in order to become truly fruitful?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 15:4-5Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The above are your words.....that’s why I’m having a hard job understanding “ your” words...I can only understand in the Spirit...again that is my opinion.
Ditto here sister. I would have thought that a teacher of the word would teach the word of God, not their own words.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does this mean,Sis?xx
I still am not sure if I'm grasping it, but I believe it means to stop serving God from our own flesh - ceasing from our own works and dying to our self, to our old man - in order to serve God in and by His Spirit. Let God put everything to death that belongs to the flesh/old man, including what may be "good" about it.

Seems to me Epi is teaching that we can be justified by eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil as long as we only eat the good part.....whereas God said not to eat of it AT ALL. Didn't it lead to death? Shouldn't we only eat of the Tree of Life which is Christ, His Spirit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Have you read the bible? Everything I say comes from the bible. Have you read about the good Samaritan? Are you trying to avoid the bible? Or just its teachings?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And here's me thinking I can't serve God in my own strength......tried that and failed.
Do you resist God's Spirit in your own strength? Or do you agree with God? Are you supernaturally empowered to get out of bed in the morning? Are ALL people thus empowered?

So unless you want to use reason, you will obfuscate and confuse the bible...as you do.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Isn't that the whole point of burying "our" corn of wheat in the ground to die in order to become truly fruitful?
We are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. (Note to Rita...that's in the bible)

We lay down our own life to bear the life of Christ and thus bear an eternal kind of fruit. We sow the outer man in death to allow the inner man to be joined to Christ (the new husband)...to walk IN Him. In Him is no sin.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I still am not sure if I'm grasping it, but I believe it means to stop serving God from our own flesh - ceasing from our own works and dying to our self, to our old man - in order to serve God in and by His Spirit.
That makes sense..thank you...sometimes I need a bit more explaining....we all learn the word from each other...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you read the bible? Everything I say comes from the bible. Have you read about the good Samaritan? Are you trying to avoid the bible? Or just its teachings?
If what you post comes from God’s written word, then please back it up,using scripture...

Because I don’t understand “ your”words that you post....

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you resist God's Spirit in your own strength? Or do you agree with God? Are you supernaturally empowered to get out of bed in the morning? Are ALL people thus empowered?

So unless you want to use reason, you will obfuscate and confuse the bible...as you do.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

We are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. (Note to Rita...that's in the bible)

We lay down our own life to bear the life of Christ and thus bear an eternal kind of fruit. We sow the outer man in death to allow the inner man to be joined to Christ (the new husband)...to walk IN Him. In Him is no sin.
The bible doesn't confuse me..........but you do. Why is that?

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you resist God's Spirit in your own strength?
We are being made into the image of Jesus...by God’s power.

We learn from the Spirit.....His Spirit will bring us in line with God’s will...in His timing....nothing to do with “ our” timing......

He works in our heart .....we are under His workmanship.

Ephesians 2:10
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

New Living Translation
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

English Standard Version
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Berean Standard Bible
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.

Berean Literal Bible
For we are His workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

• Love