Calling all Law Keepers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a "Grace Person." And I am often ridiculed for it. But, I firmly believe that we also need an objective system of belief and behavior to live by. And that can never come from just the "inside" of each individual.

I think it is a very dangerous thing to ignore the fact that we are creatures who require "Laws."

Reactions: GodsGrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How about the Virgin Mary?
The Catholic Church proclaims her as sinless. She must have kept the law perfectly (whether it was the Mosaic Law, law of Faith or Law of Christ, etc.).
The OP states: "We need the reality of how this works in actual life, not theory or scripture quotes, but how it is done."
Maybe one of the Catholic apologists can tell us how she did this in everyday life.

I don't really want to get sidetracked by that...there are too many of those threads going. :D

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Treat people the way you want to be treated. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Treating people with respect and overlooking and forgiving their shortcomings is the fulfillment of the Law.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much! Amen to that...I just wish that everyone could see it.
I posted the thread because I got tired of seeing some people declaring that the law could be kept in our own strength and works.
You said it MUCH clearer than I could say it....I know that I am a clunky writer!
I don't express myself very well.
Bless you..Helen .

You express yourself well. People relate to you and you are very encouraging!

I forgot coffee(which is a stimulant) and caffeine! Pork! The list is endless. If I try to follow the law, I fail. When does it ever end and a person finally acknowledges: He is the way.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Treating people with respect and overlooking and forgiving their shortcomings is the fulfillment of the Law.

Sorry my friend...Jesus is the fulfilling of the law...if you are 'in Him', you do that because He lives in you...not because you have to do it...

Reactions: Armadillo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think it is a very dangerous thing to ignore the fact that we are creatures who require "Laws."
as long as we are law-breakers anyway, yes. But Scripture plainly recognizes people who no longer break the law, just as we can recognize the difference in a new seeker still struggling with sin v a meat eater who has gone on to grace. They are in different worlds, even; different "courts."

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am a "Grace Person." And I am often ridiculed for it. But, I firmly believe that we also need an objective system of belief and behavior to live by. And that can never come from just the "inside" of each individual.

Any true believer would not ignore that fact..when we spend time before the Lord we can't but help reflecting Him.
I agree with your opening few lines...Grace is not without accountability. I am sure, as you also move in the grace 'circle'...we've seen it taken advantage of.
As in the other thread...we have free will and God will not dictate...but at the end when all things are 'tested by fire...' and Father does 'the heart check up'...they will find they lose out something in the end that they could have had.
Again, those who take it for the flesh purposes ..we don't choose to take advantage of grace just because it is there...that is where our love for Him woos our actions .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
as long as we are law-breakers anyway, yes. But Scripture plainly recognizes people who no longer break the law, just as we can recognize the difference in a new seeker still struggling with sin v a meat eater who has gone on to grace. They are in different worlds, even; different "courts."

Amen..so what is the excuse of those who have walked long with the Lord and have STILL not seen the awesomeness of God's grace?

Reactions: Armadillo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My ears perk up at the comment, "I have the law of God inside me."
I have to ask, "Where did you get those "laws?" Too many times I hear people make some sort of claim that they came to them through the Spirit. I still hold that kind of delivery system can be dangerous. We would not have been given written laws to live our lives by if those "laws" would have landed into our hearts just by osmosis.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I balk at the comment, "I have the law of God inside me."
I have to ask, "Where did you get those "laws?" Too many times I hear people make some sort of claim that they came to them through the Spirit. I still hold that kind of delivery system can be dangerous. We would not have been given written laws to live our lives by if those "laws" would have landed into our hearts just by osmosis.

Is Jesus through His Spirit not inside you? o_O
Is Jesus not the beginning and the end of the Law?
You know as well as I do that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega...Beginning and End...He is all things..He gave the law...and at the end when His earthly part was done...He took the law and all it's consequences ..upon Himself. We know the word tells us God IS Love. Love is the law..the 10 wrapped up in the two Jesus said. If He abides in us, and we in Him...it IS within. His voice is within,
His Spirit guides us from within. His love ( law) is written upon our hearts , that is how and why we live always choosing the Spirit as He leads.
Obviously , very obviously..we all see things differently , and we each must hear for ourselves.
Anything which is not of faith is sin. We know that. We must live in the faith we have, and that which we believe God has spoken to us. At the end of this life , only then will we see the truth of the matter.
For those who wish to struggle along 'trying' to keep laws, hey, it's their life to live as they seem fit. As for me..I will live also by what I see and believe is the truth of all that Jesus did and gave us.
God bless H

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Hi Willie,
I'd say I'm a grace person but seen as a works person because I believe God requires us to keep the law.
I don't read anywhere in the N.T., by any writer, that the law has been abolished --- only fulfilled, and there is much misunderstanding for the word fulfilled.

If there is love, as in a marriage, there must also be laws to be kept. won't get into it too much. Love is conditional. There's no such thing as unconditional love.

God's love is also conditional.
It's conditional on BELIEVING in Jesus.
Believing. Another interesting word...

Reactions: Willie T

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Sorry my friend...Jesus is the fulfilling of the law...if you are 'in Him', you do that because He lives in you...not because you have to do it...
What does James 1:22 mean?
The brother of Jesus says that we are to be DOERS of the word and not only hearers of the word.

Jesus said that if we want to be His friend, we must obey Him:
John 15:14

Paul says to be careful how we behave.
Ephesians 5:14-21
Ephesians 5:17
Paul says to understand the Will of the Lord. This must surely mean that the Lord has a will for us. What is that will?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Is Jesus through His Spirit not inside you? o_O
Is Jesus not the beginning and the end of the Law?
You know as well as I do that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega...Beginning and End...He is all things..He gave the law...and at the end when His earthly part was done...He took the law and all it's consequences ..upon Himself. We know the word tells us God IS Love. Love is the law..the 10 wrapped up in the two Jesus said. If He abides in us, and we in Him...it IS within. His voice is within,
His Spirit guides us from within. His love ( law) is written upon our hearts , that is how and why we live always choosing the Spirit as He leads.
Obviously , very obviously..we all see things differently , and we each must hear for ourselves.
Anything which is not of faith is sin. We know that. We must live in the faith we have, and that which we believe God has spoken to us. At the end of this life , only then will we see the truth of the matter.
For those who wish to struggle along 'trying' to keep laws, hey, it's their life to live as they seem fit. As for me..I will live also by what I see and believe is the truth of all that Jesus did and gave us.
God bless H

I've highlighted two of your statements:

1. First you say we're to walk as God has spoken to us.
But you disparage those who are doing so.

2. How do you know some of us are struggling along trying to keep the laws? You can see into a person's heart?

Does this mean you DO NOT keep the laws because it would require struggle??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My ears perk up at the comment, "I have the law of God inside me."
Great Willie!
The laws come to all of us because God has spoken them.
The Israelites did not know the laws, thus God gave them.
Ditto for us.
We only know them because they have been told to us.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The thread title: calling all law keepers

Everyday I sin: whether it be coveting, anger, doubt, fear, complaining, smoking; the list is endless. Even though I don't want to, I sin. Thankfully, my relationship with God is not based on what I do but what He did. Therefore; I am a law keeper. I walk perfect and blameless and upright with hope and faith in what was prepared by God. Jesus Christ is the only way. The more I focus on TRYing to be perfect through the flesh, the less I focus on His gift and praising Him for what He has already done and loving others. There is great freedom in the removal of the yoke of bondage. It is true: His burden is light.

Are you a sinner and a saint?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i can't help but see this arg as circular wadr.

giphy.gif

Reactions: bbyrd009