Calling all Law Keepers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Check out what John 6:54 is saying in Greek.
Eats = Gnaws

I've always found this interesting.
Did Jesus not use the correct terminology?
τρώγω; to gnaw, crunch, chew raw vegetables or fruits (as nuts, almonds, etc.)

ha, pretty interesting! Not sure what word this is "opposed" to, or iow what other word for "eats" might be used for eating...mashed potatoes, or whatever. Let's check pablum!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
yet no literal blood was offered to drink, and those disciples obviously misunderstood, not understood, as imo was what was intended anyway. Yes, surely Jews and heathens spoke about Christians as if they were vampires, but that is the "understanding" of the disciples who you say "understood," right.
Let's clarify...

The disciples who walked away in John 6 understood that Jesus was saying to eat and drink Him. They thought it sounded crazy and walked away.

Is this not how you understand it?
John 6:59-61
John 6:66-67

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
τρώγω; to gnaw, crunch, chew raw vegetables or fruits (as nuts, almonds, etc.)

ha, pretty interesting! Not sure what word this is "opposed" to, or iow what other word for "eats" might be used for eating...mashed potatoes, or whatever. Let's check pablum!
Compare to John 6:51 and see what you come up with.
That eat does mean something different...

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The disciples who walked away in John 6 understood that Jesus was saying to eat and drink Him. They thought it sounded crazy and walked away.
because they could not understand the symbology being obviously presented, yes. They heard Him literally, even as Christ demonstrated that it was not to be taken literally.

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of fruit was it in the Garden of Eden?

funny-face-jackfruit-fruit-farm-langkawi-kedah-malaysia-CNT4JM.jpg
What kind of fruit was it in the Garden of Eden?
There were two kinds, one was ok, one was not. The one was capable of imparting eternal life. Who do you know that if you eat His flesh and drink His blood will give you eternal life? Does the fact He is referred to as a tree confuse you? Can you recognize a metaphor when you see one? If we can agree on this one, we can try the other one if you like.

[/QUOTE]

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. They were created perfectly.
In fact, they had preternatural gifts.
Gifts that went BEYOND nature, like for instance, immortality.

They received the sin nature/flesh nature, AFTER they ate the forbidden fruit. And all of the effects of that sin are in us and in nature. Since they fell, we have inherited the sin nature/fleshly nature.

Is this your understanding?
No, they were made of dirt, flesh, blood and bone just as we are and they were promised immortality if they obeyed, just as we are. They did not obey which proves to me they had a fleshly nature just as we do but it's ok if we disagree on issues like this because however we understand it will not affect our salvation. At least I don't think it will, do you?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There were two kinds, one was ok, one was not. The one was capable of imparting eternal life. Who do you know that if you eat His flesh and drink His blood will give you eternal life? Does the fact He is referred to as a tree confuse you? Can you recognize a metaphor when you see one? If we can agree on this one, we can try the other one if you like.

[/QUOTE]
I believe he knows both.
Don't let the funny images fool you...

However, yes. the Tree of Life is Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you partake of bread an wine and it' nothing more than a memorial. The Eucharist is one and the same sacrifice as the Crucifixion, as indicated by the Fourth Cup. Baptism is a ritual. Wen you sit down to eat or prepare for bed you are performing mundane rituals. They are normal to human experience.

The teaching on the Eucharist has not changed in 2000 years; the evidence is there for anyone who wishes to see it.
In case you misunderstood, I do not partake of bread made of grain or juice made of grapes at all. I do partake of the flesh and blood of Jesus on a daily basis. Neither the Catholic nor the Protestant communion as practiced by most group are a part of what I do.

Last edited: