Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes God is good, but fallen man is bad, Bruh. You have an incorrect view of fallen man. The unregenerate are not walking around looking for a way into God's Kingdom. They hate Him, are at enmity, have an ill-will towards Him, Bruh.

διότι τὸ φρόνημα τῆς σαρκὸς ἔχθρα εἰς θεόν, τῷ γὰρ νόμῳ τοῦ θεοῦ οὐχ ὑποτάσσεται, οὐδὲ γὰρ δύναται·[Romans 8:7]

That which is bolded is echthra and it means enmity, discord, feud, alienation. The unregenerate are in this towards God in the fallen state.

Enmity means 'the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.' They are actively at odds, have an ill-will towards God. God makes their stomach churn.
Oh the irony! We present to them the God of Scripture, and they are hostile and at enmity toward Him themselves! God have mercy on them and open their eyes!

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point being that, even with your response, there is such a thing as an innocent life (the saved life).

And therefore, my point has been made quite nicely.
You've never made any point, nor have you proven any of your teachings with properly interpreted Scripture.

You do realize that none of your teachings rests upon sound doctrine, right?

You should consult with Robert Sandeman and his teachings. You two are pretty much the same as far as being heretical, as well as with others of your ilk on here who hold to the same errors.

Do a web search for him and you'll find a kindred "spirit." Your teaching has been handed down from him to you, and from others like him, which teaching came to the church not long ago, leading some within her astray.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren,

Seriously, have these even one time bowed to Scripture when shown their error?

Even one time?

I've not witnessed this once on here. The closest I've witnessed this was from @justbyfaith who said he would concede that Romans 5:2 was written solely to the saved if I would concede it wasn't.

Yes, it was that absurd!

No, among all my sinfulness, I am not going to mishandle the Word of God or compromise on it; 2 Corinthians 2:17; 2 Corinthians 4:1-3. I'm going to heed to proper teaching and handling of Scripture; 2 Timothy 2:15; 2 Timothy 4:1-4, by the grace of God.

Now, I hope for them to be humbled and for God to have mercy on them, opening their eyes; Ephesians 1:15-23. I'm speaking of @justbyfaith; @CoreIssue; @Enoch111; @Lady Crosstalk; @friend of; and if there are any others I've missed, that these come to the knowledge of the truth and repentance; 2 Peter 3:9.

I sincerely believe if they are his they will come to this end of themselves. I would also like to see the insulting stop from professing believers simply because their positions have been challenged, and their conclusions have been found inaccurate. This has happened too often on this thread towards my Calvinist brothers. It is sad to witness, you cannot be truly walking with God when you have done these things and have not made right with your brothers or sisters over this. You may think you are, but in fact you are not. I've reached out to @Lady Crosstalk over her insulting comments so that we can be reconciled, but she will have none of it.

You can hate me all you want, but I will confront these things so no division remains in the body. I don't think we should allow these insults to just get blown off because that is division in the body, something God hates. I seek reconciliation, as witnessed on here.

This is one of the biggest divisions in the church; those unwilling to see their errors and then sow discord and division on those who expose their errors.

This is one reason why Paul, via the Holy Spirit warned us of these times in 2 Timothy 3, and why he showed us the Word of God is to be used for correction &c 2 Timothy 3:16-17. It is only then "profitable" to those who will handle it correctly; 2 Timothy 2:15, and then allow it to correct them. Only true children of God will receive this correction from the Father and that is a fact. Continuous rebellion against His Word paints a solemn picture. Please consider what has been said. I pray God reaches you.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren,

Even one time?

I've not witnessed this once on here. The closest I've witnessed this was from @justbyfaith who said he would concede that Romans 5:2 was written solely to the saved if I would concede it wasn't.

Yes, it was that absurd!

No, among all my sinfulness, I am not going to mishandle the Word of God or compromise on it; 2 Corinthians 2:17; 2 Corinthians 4:1-3. I'm going to heed to proper teaching and handling of Scripture; 2 Timothy 2:15; 2 Timothy 4:1-4, by the grace of God.

Now, I hope for them to be humbled and for God to have mercy on them, opening their eyes; Ephesians 1:15-23. I'm speaking of @justbyfaith; @CoreIssue; @Enoch111; @Lady Crosstalk; @friend of; and if there are any others I've missed, that these come to the knowledge of the truth and repentance; 2 Peter 3:9.

I sincerely believe if they are his they will come to this end of themselves. I would also like to see the insulting stop from professing believers simply because their positions have been challenged, and their conclusions have been found inaccurate. This has happened too often on this thread towards my Calvinist brothers. It is sad to witness, you cannot be truly walking with God when you have done these things and have not made right with your brothers or sisters over this. You may think you are, but in fact you are not. I've reached out to @Lady Crosstalk over her insulting comments so that we can be reconciled, but she will have none of it.

You can hate me all you want, but I will confront these things so no division remains in the body. I don't think we should allow these insults to just get blown off because that is division in the body, something God hates. I seek reconciliation, as witnessed on here.

This is one of the biggest divisions in the church; those unwilling to see their errors and then sow discord and division on those who expose their errors.

This is one reason why Paul, via the Holy Spirit warned us of these times in 2 Timothy 3, and why he showed us the Word of God is to be used for correction &c 2 Timothy 3:16-17. It is only then "profitable" to those who will handle it correctly; 2 Timothy 2:15, and then allow it to correct them. Only true children of God will receive this correction from the Father and that is a fact. Continuous rebellion Hisios Word paints a solemn picture. Please consider what has been said. I pray God reaches you.
Quit being exegetical, rude and stuff.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren,

Even one time?

Yes, it was that absurd!

This is one reason why Paul, via the Holy Spirit warned us of these times in 2 Timothy 3, and why he showed us the Word of God is to be used for correction &c 2 Timothy 3:16-17. It is only then "profitable" to those who will handle it correctly; 2 Timothy 2:15, and then allow it to correct them. Only true children of God will receive this correction from the Father and that is a fact. Continuous rebellion His Word paints a solemn picture. Please consider what has been said. I pray God reaches you.

since salvation is dice roll in Calvanism eyes open or closed do not matter.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seriously? Have you even stopped to consider that Calvinism is a perverted Gospel? We could list all the false teachings and show WITH SCRIPTURE why they are false, but for Calvinists, Calvin trumps Christ. Every time. Which should be scary to you.

D

Dave L

@Enoch111
Have you considered how free will portrays God as a bully? Who threatens to torture people forever if they don't "say uncle"? Or take sacraments, or "choose" (act like they believe) when they don't? And how you also portray God as equally unstable, offering bribes of eternal pleasure to those who cower and sell out to him? This is the false god of free will.

The God of the bible on the other hand saves helpless sinners too corrupt to believe or repent. Giving them a new nature that loves him and others. By taking their sins upon himself on the cross so that he can justly save instead of punish them and share the glories of eternity with them.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111
Have you considered how free will portrays God as a bully? Who threatens to torture people forever if they don't "say uncle"? Or take sacraments, or "choose" (act like they believe) when they don't? And how you also portray God as equally unstable, offering bribes of eternal pleasure to those who cower and sell out to him? This is the false god of free will.

The God of the bible on the other hand saves helpless sinners too corrupt to believe or repent. Giving them a new nature that loves him and others. By taking their sins upon himself on the cross so that he can justly save instead of punish them and share the glories of eternity with them.

And condemns without a chance others in Calvinism.

Why try to get people to believe they are damned without choice?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111

They'll counter with another falsity, typically that they came to God out of their own genuine free will and love for him "because God doesn't want robots." (And we are accused of being robots because we realize God did it all, and we could not.) This shows that free will is really their god, it must be protected at all costs, that is, their will is more important than God's will. God cannot adjust their wills, or that would be unfair. So, God must bow to them.

The remarkable thing is they knew all this while dead in sin, did all this while dead in sin, and accomplished all this while dead in sin, when Christ dogmatically stated the impossibility of coming to him. This totally denies the "But God" of Ephesians 2:4ff.

Jesus didn't say "no man may come unto me," but "no man can come unto me" clearly denoting inability that free willers deny. Note John 6:44. These will do all kinds of tricks with Scripture to get around this teaching they hate. But it really isn't the teaching they hate, yet, this seems to be ignorance of the truth.

Free will is "magic." It can do things Scriptures says cannot be done. It makes men free when Jesus says they are not free; John 8:31-39; It makes man able to do things in the flesh for salvation when Jesus clearly denied this ability; John 6:29. It also magically makes God elect them to salvation because God saw they'd choose, and chose them because of something they did, (choosing) yet makes it not something they did at the same time in order for a pretense of "it was all of God" can be claimed.

Yes, that is the God of the Bible. It is Soli Deo Gloria, something which cannot be truthfully claimed by free willism.

It is apparent this free will god is in not the one true God.

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They'll counter with another falsity, typically that they came to God out of their own genuine free will and love for him "because God doesn't want robots." (And we are accused of being robots because we realize God did it all, and we could not.) This shows that free will is really their god, it must be protected at all costs, that is, their will is more important than God's will. God cannot adjust their wills, or that would be unfair. So, God must bow to them.

The remarkable thing is they knew all this while dead in sin, did all this while dead in sin, and accomplished all this while dead in sin, when Christ dogmatically stated the impossibility of coming to him. This totally denies the "But God" of Ephesians 2:4ff.

Jesus didn't say "no man may come unto me," but "no man can come unto me" clearly denoting inability that free willers deny. Note John 6:44. These will do all kinds of tricks with Scripture to get around this teaching they hate. But it really isn't the teaching they hate, yet, this seems to be ignorance of the truth.

Free will is "magic." It can do things Scriptures says cannot be done. It makes men free when Jesus says they are not free; John 8:31-39; It makes man able to do things in the flesh for salvation when Jesus clearly denied this ability; John 6:29. It also magically makes God elect them to salvation because God saw they'd choose, and chose them because of something they did, (choosing) yet makes it not something they did at the same time in order for a pretense of "it was all of God" can be claimed.

Yes, that is the God of the Bible. It is Soli Deo Gloria, something which cannot be truthfully claimed by free willism.

It is apparent this free will god is in not the one true God.

It funny how those who see themselves as elite put themselves above the realities of everyone else.

But isn't that the way of elitism?

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Lady Crosstalk stated God could take innocent life. That’s blasphemous.

Says who? For centuries, funeral attenders have agreed to pastoral statements that, "...the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away" without regard for the status of the dearly departed. All Christians have been declared innocent of sin against God. Do you agree? You can't have it both ways. Either Jesus became sin for us and we are innocent of wrongdoing or we are still guilty but are forgiven. Which do you think it is and why?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that these come to the knowledge of the truth and repentance;

Well, thank you for praying for us, since the choice is not ours but is entirely up to God.

The call to repentance is a moot point in Calvinism because we do not have a choice in the matter.

Therefore I think that our best bet for being saved might be to oppose Calvinists in their doctrine so that they will pray for us.

That way God will hit us with Irresistible Grace as the result of their prayers.

Therefore there is no need for the Calvinists to argue their doctrine any further; their best bet is to just put themselves to prayer for the salvation of people; and preaching the gospel isn't even needed (whether that gospel be Calvinism or the fact that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures).

God will save whom He will; so it is up to those who have been regenerated to pray for the salvation of those whom they believe are not. If they don't, then they neglect their duty and are not behaving according to the love that ought to be shed abroad in their heart by the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5) as the result of God's predetermined choice.

The gospel does not need to be preached because the choice to believe in it is not salvational, in Calvinism. God chose you for salvation apart from your response to the gospel message. So if you have been saved through the sovereign predetermined choice of God, and you want others also to be thus saved, then praying for their salvation might be the way to get it accomplished. For you are prevailing on a god who wants people condemned to not condemn the ones that you are praying for.

It is written,

Mat 7:7, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8, For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

So your prayers will avail for me.

So thank you for saving me by your prayers! I mean, if Irresistible Grace is a reality, then you saved me through your prayers. Because you prayed to God that He would save me and He chose to do so because, you know, you have a line with the Lord and I don't; therefore I certainly can't take hold of the promise that I quoted above, but you can because you are of the elect and therefore have a direct line to the Lord.

Thank you for loving me with the love of the Lord therefore, and praying for my salvation!

Really, I consider it to be that I saved myself because I instigated a Calvinist to pray for me.

Reactions: CoreIssue

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
King David definitely went to heaven according to the following verses:

Psa 21:1, [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]] The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
Psa 21:2, Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
Psa 21:3, For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
Psa 21:4, He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.
Psa 21:5, His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.
Psa 21:6, For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
Psa 21:7, For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.

Indeed so. We know that David went to Paradise because the Lord said that He will raise up David to preside over the Millennial Kingdom under the King of Kings, Jesus. (Ezekiel 37:24)

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, thank you for praying for us, since the choice is not ours but is entirely up to God.

The call to repentance is a moot point in Calvinism because we do not have a choice in the matter.

Therefore I think that our best bet for being saved might be to oppose Calvinists in their doctrine so that they will pray for us.

That way God will hit us with Irresistible Grace as the result of their prayers.

Therefore there is no need for the Calvinists to argue their doctrine any further; their best bet is to just put themselves to prayer for the salvation of people; and preaching the gospel isn't even needed (whether that gospel be Calvinism or the fact that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures).

God will save whom He will; so it is up to those who have been regenerated to pray for the salvation of those whom they believe are not. If they don't, then they neglect their duty and are not behaving according to the love that ought to be shed abroad in their heart by the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5) as the result of God's predetermined choice.

The gospel does not need to be preached because the choice to believe in it is not salvational, in Calvinism. God chose you for salvation apart from your response to the gospel message. So if you have been saved through the sovereign predetermined choice of God, and you want others also to be thus saved, then praying for their salvation might be the way to get it accomplished. For you are prevailing on a god who wants people condemned to not condemn the ones that you are praying for.

It is written,

Mat 7:7, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8, For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

So your prayers will avail for me.

So thank you for saving me by your prayers! I mean, if Irresistible Grace is a reality, then you saved me through your prayers. Because you prayed to God that He would save me and He chose to do so because, you know, you have a line with the Lord and I don't; therefore I certainly can't take hold of the promise that I quoted above, but you can because you are of the elect and therefore have a direct line to the Lord.

Thank you for loving me with the love of the Lord therefore, and praying for my salvation!

Really, I consider it to be that I saved myself because I instigated a Calvinist to pray for me.

You forgot to add this: :D at the end. I have to admit that you had me going for a moment. Made me LOL.

D

Dave L

And condemns without a chance others in Calvinism.

Why try to get people to believe they are damned without choice?
Choice does not save anyone. It only hooks you up with the wrong "Jesus". It is an act of the sinful flesh that chooses sinful idols to trust in. Even calling them Jesus. The gospel is instead, whoever believes has eternal life. If you need to choose to believe, you don't believe.

Reactions: tabletalk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choice does not save anyone. It only hooks you up with the wrong "Jesus". It is an act of the sinful flesh that chooses sinful idols to trust in. Even calling them Jesus. The gospel is instead, whoever believes has eternal life. If you need to choose to believe, you don't believe.

You are one sad puppy.