Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says who? For centuries, funeral attenders have agreed to pastoral statements that, "...the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away" without regard for the status of the dearly departed. All Christians have been declared innocent of sin against God. Do you agree? You can't have it both ways. Either Jesus became sin for us and we are innocent of wrongdoing or we are still guilty but are forgiven. Which do you think it is and why?
Show me where God takes innocent life. Show me one innocent person post-fall. I keep asking you for proof but you’ve yet to offer any.

Yes, we are in Christ and God sees us through Him. We have been declared righteous.

Δικαιωθέντες οὖν ἐκ πίστεως εἰρήνην ἔχομεν πρὸς τὸν θεὸν διὰ τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ,[Romans 5:1]

Δικαιωθέντες is dikaiothentes and it means having been justified. This does not mean mean we are sinless, as all believers sin, but that we have been freed from the penalty of sin. Our spirit is saved, but not the flesh. The flesh is still in sin and must die, but our spirit goes back to God upon death. The flesh is redeemed in the resurrection.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Show me where God takes innocent life. Show me one innocent person post-fall. I keep asking you for proof but you’ve yet to offer any.

2 Samuel 24 (the same tale is told in 1 Chronicles 21). David falls to the sin of pride and insists that Joab (his general) take a census of Israel's warriors, even though Joab warns him that it is a sin. God pronounces punishment on David through the prophet, Gad. Three days of plague on Israel is the punishment and 70,000 died in the plague. David, with the elders, put on sackcloth and fell prostrate before the Lord, and asked that the plague would be placed on him rather than the innocent people.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hezekiah is an example where God was about to take Hezekiah's life even though he was perfect in his own eyes. He would have taken his life after telling him that that was what He was going to do, except that Hezekiah "chirped incessantly" until the Lord relented from His purpose; the result of which was that Manasseh was born, who was the wickedest king in all of Israel's history.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonder why it is you show no evidence of a new nature or of true conversion? I thought you said you saved yourself with your free will? Looks like something didn't take, may want to exercise it again, maybe wiggle your nose too.
So you believe that the converted are immediately made perfect in character and behaviour? Let's get your take on this issue for future reference.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that the converted are immediately made perfect in character and behaviour? Let's get your take on this issue for future reference.
He's been saved some 58 years by his claims. How you came to your false assumption that somewhere I asserted the saved are immediately made perfect is par for the course for you. Nowhere was it even implied. How is it you continue to see things not there? Hate? Anger? Malice? The flesh? You falsely accuse a lot.

Two things you can rest assured of: 1) My position and doctrine are biblically based and sound; 2) Your teachings are false and you have zero respect for properly handling the word.

Now shouldn't you respond to this in your manner of more libel while throwing in a dash of calling me Satan again?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Samuel 24 (the same tale is told in 1 Chronicles 21). David falls to the sin of pride and insists that Joab (his general) take a census of Israel's warriors, even though Joab warns him that it is a sin. God pronounces punishment on David through the prophet, Gad. Three days of plague on Israel is the punishment and 70,000 died in the plague. David, with the elders, put on sackcloth and fell prostrate before the Lord, and asked that the plague would be placed on him rather than the innocent people.
Your answer is a desperate bid to prove your assertion instead of admitting you misspoke in ignorance.

No human is morally innocent. The only thing the people who died were innocent of was being complicit with David in his sin here. Another truth gleaned is that due to his sin others were punished, a truth we see in Scripture as we see "the whole camp" is punished due to one within the camp sinning. Same thing is seen as that all of us in Adam sinned.

That said you've failed to prove your point.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The very first sentence in that chapter says Now again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and that hardly makes them innocent in God's sight. Only a cruel God would be angry at those who are innocent.

David acted hastily when God became angry with Israel and he sent ppl to number the ppl of Israel. He was tried to be talked out of it but to no avail. After David repents Gad was sent by God to tell him which to choose, 7 years of famine, 3 months fleeing their enemies or 3 days of pestilence. They were innocent of David numbering the ppl, but that does not mean they were innocent in God's sight.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your answer is a desperate bid to prove your assertion instead of admitting you misspoke in ignorance.

No human is morally innocent. The only thing the people who died were innocent of was being complicit with David in his sin here. Another truth gleaned is that due to his sin others were punished, a truth we see in Scripture as we see "the whole camp" is punished due to one within the camp sinning. Same thing is seen as that all of us in Adam sinned.

In the very first sentence of 2 Samuel 24 it reads Now again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel,. Only a cruel God is angry at innocent ppl.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

She will deify God at all costs in order to believe she is right. :(

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lady Crosstalk Let's look at some places where God has actually killed ppl...

But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was evil in the sight of the LORD, so the LORD took his life.[Genesis 38:7] God killed Er, not because he was innocent, but evil. Then Onan was killed because he was told to lay with Er's widow and have children in Er's stead. When he wasted his seed on the ground, God killed him. Not innocent here either.

Then Achan goes against God's decree and takes things from Jericho they were forbidden to take. God then has the ppl stone him and his whole family. Hardly innocent.[Joshua 7]

Ananias and Sapphira both lie to the Holy Spirit and are killed.[Acts 5]

Then Herod gave a speech and when the ppl said he sounded like God, worms devoured him.[Acts of the Apostles 12]

Korah, Dathan, and Abiram confront Moses and then all these were swallowed up under the ground.[Numbers 16]

None of these were innocent ppl.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rigged but rigged how? Based on what about us? Pure chance?
According to Reformed Theology, God *rigged* salvation through an unchanging decree. Some would be chosen for eternal life, others for eternal damnation. Purely arbitrary.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's been saved some 58 years by his claims. How you came to your false assumption that somewhere I asserted the saved are immediately made perfect is par for the course for you. Nowhere was it even implied. How is it you continue to see things not there? Hate? Anger? Malice? The flesh? You falsely accuse a lot.

Two things you can rest assured of: 1) My position and doctrine are biblically based and sound; 2) Your teachings are false and you have zero respect for properly handling the word.

Now shouldn't you respond to this in your manner of more libel while throwing in a dash of calling me Satan again?
No, I am simply going to leave you alone from now on and pray for you as is commanded in Matthew 5:44.