Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat_11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

So why should God do anything for the scoffers and unbelievers, you see this bit

Mar 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
Mar 6:6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

One would think that a "christian: who had heard someone had being to heaven, that they would rejoice, and delight to hear what was seeing and said, but Jesus knew it would not be that way

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Some thngs never change,

and than again

Pro_27:4 Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?

I have nothing that cannot be given to anyone who believes, and many more have seeing and heard far more than me, should I be jealous, no, but glad that God does have those who love and believe Him.
Billions of people on the planet, and you were so important that God called you like Enoch to tell you something already revealed in scripture.
Yeah, I am sure that happened. ..It would seem as if you were called to heaven you might have picked up correct doctrine which seems to elude you
Rev 22:15 says all liars go into second death.....have you noticed that?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, show me where anyone in Scripture, who had a low view of Scripture as you do, that went on a vacation to heaven.

No, I just don't believe in your story. It isn't Biblical. People don't take trips to heaven then come back. I know some who claim they take trips there often. No, they don't, it's all bogus.

Trips to heaven aren't testimonies. They're stories.

Tell us your testimony.

Are you aware of what a testimony actually is bro?

And we are.

The above is incoherent. What do you mean "offers you a place?" You mean like he is offering us a trip to heaven and we don't want to go? Is that what you're saying? If so, show us this in Scripture, that Christ is offering us a trip to heaven, to go to heaven then come back here.

Some of us know when we've heard a bogus story that doesn't line up with Christianity, so, it would be wise for them to not offer something up that is contrary. Playing the victim is their way of trying to add validity to their story, and a way to act like they've been persecuted "for the truth." It is the victim mentality used to paint all others as "unbelievers" or as if they don't believe in "the power of God." None of this is true.

If you think to show that you take Scripture out of context and misuse is it is bashing you, then you will never receive any help in properly handling the Word of God; 2 Timothy 2:15. You want to go on and use a verse here and there however you desire, and sadly it is usually to slam someone with as if they are lost, don't believe God &c.

Let me ask, do you wish to understand the Word of God in a more accurate way?
People brazenly post such fanciful stories as if God is not going to call them to account. Then they turn.on all brethren who caution them as if we were the problem. Maybe someone's sanctified imagination is working over time?
I will be right back, I have to go walk on the water like Peter did.;);)

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People brazenly post such fanciful stories as if God is not going to call them to account. Then they turn.on all brethren who caution them as if we were the problem. Maybe someone's sanctified imagination is working over time?
I have Elijah’s/Elisha’s mantle. Tried it and killed 4 fish. o_O

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People brazenly post such fancifulFOOLISH stories as if God is not going to call them to account. Then they turn.on all brethren who caution them as if we were the problem. Maybe someone's sanctified imagination is working over time?

FIFY

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, show me where anyone in Scripture, who had a low view of Scripture as you do, that went on a vacation to heaven.

No, I just don't believe in your story. It isn't Biblical. People don't take trips to heaven then come back. I know some who claim they take trips there often. No, they don't, it's all bogus.

Trips to heaven aren't testimonies. They're stories.

Tell us your testimony.

Are you aware of what a testimony actually is bro?

And we are.

The above is incoherent. What do you mean "offers you a place?" You mean like he is offering us a trip to heaven and we don't want to go? Is that what you're saying? If so, show us this in Scripture, that Christ is offering us a trip to heaven, to go to heaven then come back here.

Some of us know when we've heard a bogus story that doesn't line up with Christianity, so, it would be wise for them to not offer something up that is contrary. Playing the victim is their way of trying to add validity to their story, and a way to act like they've been persecuted "for the truth." It is the victim mentality used to paint all others as "unbelievers" or as if they don't believe in "the power of God." None of this is true.

If you think to show that you take Scripture out of context and misuse is it is bashing you, then you will never receive any help in properly handling the Word of God; 2 Timothy 2:15. You want to go on and use a verse here and there however you desire, and sadly it is usually to slam someone with as if they are lost, don't believe God &c.

Let me ask, do you wish to understand the Word of God in a more accurate way?
Think of all the FF miles he’s racked up!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have nothing that cannot be given to anyone who believes, and many more have seeing and heard far more than me, should I be jealous, no, but glad that God does have those who love and believe Him.

None of your Scriptures provided have a thing to do with vacations to heaven.

Can you show us one place in Scripture that says if we believe we can take vacations in heaven?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love believes all things, 1 Corinthians 13:7.

It also does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in the truth.

So then, if someone claims to have had an experience of heaven (as did Paul the apostle in 2 Corinthians 12:2-6), then I will believe them but will continue to gauge what they say by the word of the Lord.

An experience like that does not give someone infallibility.

However, the fact that he is claiming such an experience does not make him a liar, either.

It may seem far-fetched; but it has been said that truth is stranger than fiction.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It also does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in the truth.

So then, if someone claims to have had an experience of heaven (as did Paul the apostle in 2 Corinthians 12:2-6), then I will believe them but will continue to gauge what they say by the word of the Lord.

An experience like that does not give someone infallibility.

However, the fact that he is claiming such an experience does not make him a liar, either.

It may seem far-fetched; but it has been said that truth is stranger than fiction.
Nobody is getting special revelation today.Nobody.
For you to suggest this has possibly happened is beyond belief.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is getting special revelation today.Nobody.
For you to suggest this has possibly happened is beyond belief.
That isn't what I said.

Did the man claim to have special revelation?

What I said is that he may have indeed had an experience of being in heaven for a few moments.

For there is an instance in scripture (2 Corinthians 12:2-6) where someone had such an experience.

Now I am not lying, my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have had a similar experience as what Paul related in 2 Corinthians 12:2-6.

My eyes were blinded, so that I did not see what was in that place; however the presence of the Lord was evident in that experience: I believe that I was very likely in heaven for the space of about four minutes. The Lord spoke to me and I to Him. I said, "I have to go back and tell people about this love!".

Being in heaven is the greatest pleasure, without guilt over that pleasure, that you can experience. It is the fullness of joy and peace as waves of liquid love are washing over you.

If you have ever been there, you will never be the same; you will have a heart of evangelism from that time forward.

Now in this I am in agreement with you, that if someone has an experience of heaven, it is highly unlikely that they will ever undermine the authority of the word of God.

But if you love the man, give him the benefit of the doubt, and judge his doctrine by the scriptures. I don't think that he is claiming infallibility through his experience; and neither am I.

I would encourage every man to be as the Bereans in Acts 17:11.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then you must believe me that when I went to a planet no one knows about, it was inhabited with purple monkeys with three eyes.

Now, don't you judge!!!! Matthew 7:1...!!!!! :rolleyes:

Believe ALL things!!!!!! 1 Corinthians 13:7!!!! :rolleyes:

Still taking Scripture out of context? Misapplying it? Using it in absurd unintended ways? Of course, this is what you do. You have absolutely no respect for God OR his Word.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of your Scriptures provided have a thing to do with vacations to heaven.

Can you show us one place in Scripture that says if we believe we can take vacations in heaven?

By noon, Elijah had started making fun of them, taunting, “Call a little louder—he is a god, after all. Maybe he’s off meditating somewhere or other, or maybe he’s gotten involved in a project, or maybe he’s on vacation. You don’t suppose he’s overslept, do you, and needs to be waked up?” They prayed louder and louder, cutting themselves with swords and knives—a ritual common to them—until they were covered with blood.[1 Kings 18:27-28]

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you must believe me that when I went to a planet no one knows about, it was inhabited with purple monkeys with three eyes.

Now, don't you judge!!!! Matthew 7:1...!!!!! :rolleyes:

Believe ALL things!!!!!! 1 Corinthians 13:7!!!! :rolleyes:

Still taking Scripture out of context? Misapplying it? Using it in absurd unintended ways? Of course, this is what you do. You have absolutely no respect for God OR his Word.
It is viable that a person may have been caught up to the third heaven (see 2 Corinthians 12:2-6).

It is not viable that you have gone to another planet unless you can show me your NASA credentials and/or your spaceship.

If something is obviously not true, then we are not called upon to believe it.

However, my point is that if someone says something to you and you don't believe it, that you don't really love them.

D

Dave L

Cultic generally means brainwashed. And Calvinists unfortunately are brainwashed. They simply cannot abandon their false gospel.
Calvinism is Augustinianism which is the official position of the church at the council of Ephesus in 431. They condemned Free will as heresy at that time. So if anything, free will is heresy and cultic by historic standards, not Calvinism.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinism is Augustinianism which is the official position of the church at the council of Ephesus in 431. They condemned Free will as heresy at that time. So if anything, free will is heresy and cultic by historic standards, not Calvinism.

Neither men were calvinists by today's definition.

Cultic by catholic definition, not the bible.

D

Dave L

That creeds did not give us the trinity or Christ. God did.
The creeds wrote down what God gave to us so it wouldn't be lost. Total Depravity (no free will because of the depth of sin in the human condition) was lost by the Catholic Church who teaches free will. But reclaimed by the Reformation as the orthodox doctrine. Free will is heresy.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cultic generally means brainwashed. And Calvinists unfortunately are brainwashed. They simply cannot abandon their false gospel.
Yes, brain is washed, heart washed, and sins are washed away. Soli Deo Gloria!

I see you can't deal with any other part of my post, but can only act out in the works of the flesh as per usual. Wonder why you walk like this, daily? Does that ever concern you?

Another truth: your gospel is found false under the scrutiny of properly interpreted Scripture. You cannot disprove our position because it is truth you are hostile with.

Bottom line? You've believed in an aberration, not the Gospel. Frankly that isn't only a solemn thought, it's down right scary.