Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I actually wish I’d never joined this forum, it’s the first time I’ve ever posted anything in my life. It just solidifies my sense of division.
Unfortunately Christendom is divided, and there is no remedy for that. Your focus should simply be on the Word of God -- Scripture -- which is the Word of Truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where is it that He is not?

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Psalm 139:7-8

Perhaps we cannot see Him or hear Him, but certainly He is always not far from us... or?

Where did Jonah think he could go and not still be in God's presence?
This part,

Act_17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

God is always there, it is men who turn there backs on Him.

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The original post I responded to implied the churches. In my opinion there is no plural only the collective body. The things I’m seeing are not representative of the body according to scripture. I actually wish I’d never joined this forum, it’s the first time I’ve ever posted anything in my life. It just solidifies my sense of division.
If you are looking for a bunch of people filing up a church than you are looking in the wrong place.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The original post I responded to implied the churches. In my opinion there is no plural only the collective body. The things I’m seeing are not representative of the body according to scripture. I actually wish I’d never joined this forum, it’s the first time I’ve ever posted anything in my life. It just solidifies my sense of division.
Individuals do go their own ways even followers of Christ early on... All of them should be approaching that collective body you mention with Jesus as the Head of it all, but many are stunted in their growth and never learn to be a part of the whole and subject always to the Head. You wish you had never joined this forum and some people will come to wish they had never joined physical church groups [local congregations or wider spread denominations].
I would say that the most important thing is know where God wants you to be, or not, and then to strive to be there, or not.
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Waiting on him

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This part,

Act_17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

God is always there, it is men who turn there backs on Him.

There is only one problem, fallen ppl will not seek God.

10 as it is written,
“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,
THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS;
THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD,
THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE.”
13 “THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE,
WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING,”
“THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS”;
14 “WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS”;
15 “THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD,
16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS,
17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN.”
18 “THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES.”
[Romans 3]

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is only one problem, fallen ppl will not seek God.

10 as it is written,
“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,
THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS;
THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD,
THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE.”
13 “THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE,
WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING,”
“THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS”;
14 “WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS”;
15 “THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD,
16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS,
17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN.”
18 “THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES.”
[Romans 3]

sad thing is if you asked Christ He would tell you that not many christians seek God nor Jesus, they love their religion and that is as far as they get

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But that is not what I was speaking about my friend. The lost will never seek for God in their fallen state. They want nothing to do with Him. :(

And you think the lost are only found outside of church??? most christians want nothing to do with Him, they just play lip service.

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

wont ever change till trouble comes and they have no where to go.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you think the lost are only found outside of church??? most christians want nothing to do with Him, they just play lip service.

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

wont ever change till trouble comes and they have no where to go.

Well, this ties into Revelation 3:20. The context is a church that has gone the way of apostasy and not the Christ knocking in the lost's heart desirous of entering their heart.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not what I was speaking about my friend. The lost will never seek for God in their fallen state. They want nothing to do with Him. :(

"sad thing is if you asked Christ He would tell you that not many christians seek God nor Jesus.."

mjrhealth means you should ask Christ directly, person to person, as he did when he went to Heaven and met with God.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"sad thing is if you asked Christ He would tell you that not many christians seek God nor Jesus.."

mjrhealth means you should ask Christ directly, person to person, as he did when he went to Heaven and met with God.
Really? Seems to happen a lot these days. Airfare must be cheap...

Reactions: SovereignGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well you get what you want, you havee not because you ask not, my sheep hear my voice, I guess Jesus doesnt have too many sheep.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What???? Somebody is claiming they went to heaven , and back?
Yes, this happens a lot according to some. In fact I've heard one claim he makes trips often. If you don't believe them they pull the you "deny God's power" card on you. Nope, it's not denying God's power, it's denying their baloney story. It is patently false.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, this happens a lot according to some. In fact I've heard one claim he makes trips often. If you don't believe them they pull the you "deny God's power" card on you. Nope, it's not denying God's power, it's denying their baloney story. It is patently false.
Oh you mean you havnt being so therefore no one else can, as I said denying Gods power,