CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good grief.

THERE IS NOPT ONE PERSON WHO HAS SAID THAT ALL cHRISTIANS ARE BORN AGAIN.

I know I write reading but must be the across the pond that makes my words foresign.... Inclu @JBO and @Red Baker

You or I or anyone would not get to be born again if we did not come from a solid belief in Jesus and his shed blood first. You may not call that being a Christian but I dont call that born again because it avoids the spirit end.
Sorry none of this makes sense as it’s not biblical.
Question.

In your newspaper does it give a listing.... usually Fridays or Saturdays of the religious services one can attend?

Mine does. And there are headings such as Roman Catholic, usually Orthodox, Jewish, and always Christian

The Christian are broken down into the denominations in our area.

I have never, in my entire life seen a heading just titles Born Again....
Listen did you read my post?

We have taken this off topic.

Why we need to be Born Again topic, in Bible Study forum, continue in there.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask one more time @JBO @Rella @Red Baker ?

What would happen to your spirit is what I meant, if you had no access to the Bible?

You’re Born Again, so if you had no access to God’s word what would happen to the Holy Spirit that in dwells your heart/ spirit?

You say a Christian is Born Again, then answer the very easy question that I ask?
tearhair_smiley.gif

Rita,

First, what do you think happened to everyone where common access to the holy bible was not accessible.... like lets say before 1800 and back? No one born again? The Holy Spirit needing a GPS?

I SAY FOR THE LAST TIME.... A BORN AGAIN IS A CHRISTIAN. The apostles were called Christians... so if you are not are you less then them?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, God Called them Christians first.
God in his word says we must be Born Again...he does no say Christian...are you Born Again of imperishable seed?
New King James Version
And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Jesus may have used the term born again to Nicodemus, but Nick was never said to be born again.

So isn't it interesting that John said....

When Nicodemus was first told that term in John 3:1-21 .. remember it was following this in John 3:36 that John said 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John did not say born again
Jesus explains we must be Born Again.

As a Christian as you say you are ,Born Again, how come you weren’t able to answer my question to you about the Spirit?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 40386

Rita,

First, what do you think happened to everyone where common access to the holy bible was not accessible.... like lets say before 1800 and back? No one born again? The Holy Spirit needing a GPS?

I SAY FOR THE LAST TIME.... A BORN AGAIN IS A CHRISTIAN. The apostles were called Christians... so if you are not are you less then them?
Listen,,,how do you think I know I’m Born Again, having never read a Bible?
And what would happen to my spirit if i couldn’t read the word of God again?

A Christian is not Born Again..and Gods word says, we must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

Born Again of imperishable seed..what does it mean?

And for the last time, a Christian is not a Born Again.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry none of this makes sense as it’s not biblical.
What is non biblical about Acts 11:26 “And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”

Or Is this yet another thing questionable about Paul???
Listen did you read my post?

We have taken this off topic.

Why we need to be Born Again topic, in Bible Study forum, continue in there.
Okay. But the title should be more like Are you Christian or Are you born again?

because that is truly the crux of this disagreement.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is non biblical about Acts 11:26 “And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”

Or Is this yet another thing questionable about Paul???

Okay. But the title should be more like Are you Christian or Are you born again?

because that is truly the crux of this disagreement.
I am once again referring to Gods word not Paul’s word.

Jesus said we must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God....do you actually understand those words and what does Born Again of imperishable seed mean?

If you are a Christian how do you know that you are Born Again? @Rella ?

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A Christian is not Born Again..and Gods word says, we must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

Born Again of imperishable seed..what does it mean?

And for the last time, a Christian is not a Born Again.
How did Jeremiah know he was formed in the womb for the purpose God formed him?

Ya think he read it in the bible? I dont.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita, #630 you have not answer. 1st Peter 4:16.

I'm going to address John 3:1-8 later today. Verse by verse.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How did Jeremiah know he was formed in the womb for the purpose God formed him?

Ya think he read it in the bible? I dont.
We’re not talking about Jeremiah.

We’re talking about a Born Again of imperishable seed?

What does that mean , as you say you are Born Again Christian?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita, #630 you have not answer. 1st Peter 4:16.
You have not answered any of my questions.

We’re talking about a Born Again not 1 Peter 4-16?

How do you know that you are Born Again?

What would happen to your spirit if you could never read the Bible again?

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not answered any of my questions.

We’re talking about a Born Again not 1 Peter 4-16?

How do you know that you are Born Again?

Well now, what a cop out! The word Christian is used by Peter, a word that you reject.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where? Guide me to it. Is there a thread on John 3:1-8?
Bible Study Forum.

Peter said if you suffer as a Christian.

That is not saying a Born Again..so obviously they have different meanings.?

Christian is not the same as a Born Again...if they were the same then Gods word would say so...his word doesn’t,so, a Christian is different to a Born Again....whether you like to hear it or not.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well now, what a cop out! The word Christian is used by Peter, a word that you reject.
I did not reject it..you reject that we must be Born Again...that has a different meaning to Christian, if it didn’t God would have said so.

As for cop out , still you evade my questions about the Spirit...because a Christian is different to a Born Again and that is the word of God.

Last edited:

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing! My understanding of truth is based upon the new man within me that has another spirit from my old man~now your job is to figure out what is a new spirit and a new heart, which all of God's children now possess! Have fun..

I'm stepping out for a while...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing! My understanding of truth is based upon the new man within me that has another spirit from my old man~now your job is to figure out what is a new spirit and a new heart, which all of God's children now possess! Have fun..

Only a Born Again possesses a new heart/ Spirit within...have fun figuring that one out.

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Which all of God’s Born Again children possess?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If one is not born again... they are not a Christian! View attachment 40387
If one is a Christian....that does not necessarily mean they are Born Again?

A Christian and a Born Again are different as Gods word says.

If the two were the same he would have said so...he doesn’t...

A Christian is in Gods word....but then so is a Born Again they are the ones who will see the Kingdom of God.

The two are very different and understand God’s word very differently as we see on many threads on the forum.

A Born Again is very often accused of being a Calvinist...

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I disagree, as a Born Again I would say....without reading God’s word we could never mature or grow in his word, we would remain only in the knowledge that has been taught to us via the Holy Spirit?
No Bible / Gods word no growth..?

As for the Holy Spirit...he would still live in our hearts/ spirit because we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.which liveth and abideth forever.

That means his Living word would never die in our hearts/spirit....because we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.....what does that mean?

See how we view Gods word so very differently?

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re not talking about Jeremiah.

You said

My response was how did Jeremiah know he was formed by GOd.... ?

You said

When did you start to read the bible? If you were born again without ever having done so?
It is conceivable that you were chosen for a specific purpose. Have you ever considered that/

We’re talking about a Born Again of imperishable seed?

And? Did anyone say anything different?
What does that mean , as you say you are Born Again Christian?
Rita,

You never read a bible but God called you. WONDERFUL.

Did you ever attend church? What kind?

I was born and attended and was baptised into the 2nd Presbyterian Church who later changed its name to Church of the covenant.
Since living here I now am with the Peter's Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church.

No mater where you look to find an address you will find them listed inder Christian Churches... Same for phone numbers.

Before becoming Evangelical they used to have alter calls.... by one of the ministers. When he was gone that stopped. (No I never did as I felt I already was.) Not by that church but elsewhere and NOT from reading the bible either.

But if I was moving and looking for a new church home. (Which I would not ) I would be looking for what Christian Churches there were... Not Synagogues nor RCC.

But I am born again... except in the church of Christ, or those who hang their salvation on Mark 16:16. And with my full faith and trust in Christ Jesus' shed blood my spirit is surly born again..... and that makes me a born again christian.