CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which as I have said previously, that only means that you either do not know what it means to be a Christian or you do not know what it means to be born again; but it would seem to be both.
As you believe a Christian is Born Again...please answer my question about the Holy Spirit and our spirit...very easy answer for a Born Again to answer?

Or it could also mean, that you haven’t a clue what a Born Again of imperishable seed is?

Therefore class a Born Again as a Christian?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our personal salvation is known only to God and us, we are called to Christ as individual persons. It is the New Covenant relationship He establishes in my own life by creating me as a new creation in Christ (being born of God) and He gives to me His Holy Spirit to indwell me, I am then become His temple, a dwelling place of God in the Spirit, and I am joined as one spirit with God.

John 7
38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those [a]believing in Him would receive; for the [b]Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I ask one more time @JBO @Rella @Red Baker ?

What would happen to your spirit is what I meant, if you had no access to the Bible?

You’re Born Again, so if you had no access to God’s word what would happen to the Holy Spirit that in dwells your heart/ spirit?

You say a Christian is Born Again, then answer the very easy question that I ask?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True....

What would happen to your spirit is what I meant, if you had no access to the Bible?

You’re Born Again, so if you had no access to God’s word what would happen to the Holy Spirit that in dwells your heart/ spirit?
Rom 10:14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

That is the answer.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Christian is one who is in Christ. Not all who claim to be Christian, to be in Christ, are truly Christian. But that is for them, not us, to say. And you have said it.
You still haven’t answered my question..

As you say a Christian is Born Again...why can’t you answer my very simple question..that you have evaded...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rom 10:14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

That is the answer.
I asked as a Christian that you say you are.....you have the in dwelling Holy Spirit, he lives in your heart/spirit does he not?

I’m talking about after you received the Living rebirth...

If you never had access to the word of God...what would happen to the Holy Spirit who lives in your spirit/ heart.

And what would happen to your spirit if you were never fed the word of God after becoming Born Again...?

When you actually understand what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed..then get back to me...

A Christian is not Born Again.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still haven’t answered my question..
You have asked several questions. Which one specifically are you asking now?

I have a question for you. How high is up? When you answer that question, maybe I will try to answer your question differently than I have already.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are rejecting that we must be “ Born Again of imperishable seed “ to see the Kingdom of God.
This is a straw man argument~I never said that a man does not need to be born again in order to see the kingdom of God, or, understand the scriptures ~ of course I have taught for almost fifty years that regeneration precedes faith, repentance, seeing, understanding, etc.

I do disagree with your use of 1st Peter 1:23-25 which has already been discussed at length.

I await your answer to my question as you believe a Christian is Born Again?...you should be able to answer my question with ease?
I have already, you refused to listen to scriptures presented to you. It is you that refuse to comment on Acts 26:28,29, and when believers were called Christians first in Antioch. But here's another for you to reject, because I'm sure you will:

1 Peter 4:16​

“Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.”

Well now, what do you think Peter meant by saying these words? What does it mean to suffer as a Christian? So, the apostles used the word Christian to described the true religion that they suffered under!

If Peter was here, you would also reject him over your precious doctrine that you are in love with that is against so many scriptures. I have more if I knew you would accept them, but I'm almost finish casting pearls of truth before a swine~per Christ's commandment from Matthew 7.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I have a question for you. How high is up? When you answer that question, maybe I will try to answer your question differently than I have already.
Exactly...when you actually understand what a Born Again of imperishable seed is get back to me...and please stop telling me a Christian is Born Again because they aren’t...

As your posts explain that nicely in themselves...that a Christian is not Born Again...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found that Calvinist have rejected the God of the Bible and have fabricated the God of Calvinism. The God of Calvinism does not believe the God of the Bible because the God of the Bible refutes the God of Calvinism. The scripture says, "Thou shalt not have any other God's before me". Calvinism is another God.
Calvin was a great Reformer.

Calvinism, however, is nothing more than another brand of the "Religion of Exclusivity" held by Catholicism, Judaism, Luciferian/secret societies, etc., in which the "chosen" can look down upon the "profane" as undeserving of the "salvation" that the "light" and "knowledge" by which they are "saved", leaving them worthy only of use, abuse, and exploitation by the "chosen".

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be born again is to be saved; or at least it is a part of being saved. From the words of Jesus, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved...."

I must leave now. I will be back later. I think there is a fundamental problem here about what it means to need to be saved, what it means to be saved. Perhaps I will start a new thread -- perhaps.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is a straw man argument~I never said that a man does not need to be born again in order to see the kingdom of God, or, understand the scriptures ~ of course I have taught for almost fifty years that regeneration precedes faith, repentance, seeing, understanding, etc.

I do disagree with your use of 1st Peter 1:23-25 which has already been discussed at length.
God given faith is when we then have spiritual knowledge of Gods truth...we are given Faith by God at the time we are Born Again...your faith in yourself is dead.

You cannot have Faith in God without him choosing to give you precious gift, and where once again for about the 5 th time!..where does faith from God manifest itself?

I’m not interested in what you teach, you taught that to me, I would rebuke your teachings every time.
I ahve already, you refuse to listen to scriptures presented to you. It is you that refuse to comment on Acts 26:28,29, and when believers were called Christ first in Antioch. But here's another for you to reject, because I'm sure you will:
You refuse to believe that a Christian is not Born Again.
Well now, what do you think Peter meant by saying these words? What does it mean to suffer as a Christian? So, the apostles used the word Christian to described the true religion that they suffered under!

If Peter was here, you would also reject him over your precious doctrine that you are in love with that is against so many scriptures. I have more if I knew you would accept them, but I'm almost finish casting pearls of truth before a swine~per Christ's commandment from Matthew 7.
Your casting pearls of truth I’m afraid are your truth and that’s why I will continue to rebuke your false witness as to what a Born Again truly is.
Listen....as you believe a Christian is a Born Again ,why haven’t you been able to answer my question regarding your spirit and the Holy Spirit that lives in your heart/ spirit?

If you had no access to a Bible, what would happen to the Holy Spirit who lives in your heart/ spirit....and what would happen to your spirit if you were unable to read the word of God.?

Why we need to be Born Again topic, answer me in there as we have derailed this one...it’s in the Bible Study part of the forum.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To be born again is to be saved; or at least it is a part of being saved. From the words of Jesus, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved...."

I must leave now. I will be back later. I think there is a fundamental problem here about what it means to need to be saved, what it means to be saved. Perhaps I will start a new thread -- perhaps.
You still haven’t answered my question about your spirit and the Holy Spirit....if you had no access to God’s word?....what would happen to the Holy Spirit and what would happen to your spirit?

I’ll be waiting for the answer?...I will ask you again in the topic, why we need to be Born Again, it’s in the Bible Study part of the forum.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

we have derailed this one....so, if any one wants to challenge me over a Christian and a Born Again....then we best discuss in the Born Again topic, one has already been started.

Hopefully we can resume where we left off.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here it is....it’s in the Bible Study part of the Forum.

Why do we need born again​

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they aren’t and when you can show that Gods word says that all Born Again are Christians...that is nowhere to be found in scripture.
No, God Called them Christians first.

New King James Version
And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Jesus may have used the term born again to Nicodemus, but Nick was never said to be born again.

So isn't it interesting that John said....

When Nicodemus was first told that term in John 3:1-21 .. remember it was following this in John 3:36 that John said 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John did not say born again

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you miss my post @JBO ..maybe @Rella could answer also?

If you both believe that a Christian is Born Again then you should have no problem answering my question @JBO @Rella ?
Good grief.

THERE IS NOPT ONE PERSON WHO HAS SAID THAT ALL cHRISTIANS ARE BORN AGAIN.

I know I write reading but must be the across the pond that makes my words foresign.... Inclu @JBO and @Red Baker

You or I or anyone would not get to be born again if we did not come from a solid belief in Jesus and his shed blood first. You may not call that being a Christian but I dont call that born again because it avoids the spirit end.

Question.

In your newspaper does it give a listing.... usually Fridays or Saturdays of the religious services one can attend?

Mine does. And there are headings such as Roman Catholic, usually Orthodox, Jewish, and always Christian

The Christian are broken down into the denominations in our area.

I have never, in my entire life seen a heading just titles Born Again....