CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is the height of spiritual depravity. You might be better off to believe in no God at all than to believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born. To believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is to believe that God is an unjust, unrighteous, unmerciful, tyrant. The Bible plainly teaches that God's people are justified by faith. They are justified by faith in God and his righteousness.

Paul wrote, "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus., Romans 3:26. It is not possible to believe that God is righteous when he condemns people to hell before they are born. We believe that God and his Son Jesus Christ are righteous and can be trusted. This results in our justification. If you don't believe that God and Jesus Christ are righteous, then you are not a Christian. The God of Calvinism is unrighteous and is depraved. It is not spiritually possible to have faith in the God of Calvinism.

What you believe God is like will be reflected in the way that you live. If you believe that God is merciful, you will be merciful also. John Calvin was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Christians. He was known as the tyrant of Genevia. If you want to know more about John Calvin, google, "The Recorded Atrocities of John Calvin". To say that John Calvin was depraved might be an understatement. Because he was depraved, he invented a depraved religion and named it after himself.

There are dozens and dozens of scriptures that refute Calvinism. The most hated scripture of Calvinism is John 3:16. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever that believes in him should not perish". They also hate the words "Whosoever" "All" "Everyone" "World". We have a responsibility to preach the Gospel to everyone regardless of what they believe. If you decide to take on these poor lost souls stick with the scriptures and keep your cool.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is the height of spiritual depravity. You might be better off to believe in no God at all than to believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born. To believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is to believe that God is an unjust, unrighteous, unmerciful, tyrant. The Bible plainly teaches that God's people are justified by faith. They are justified by faith in God and his righteousness.

Paul wrote, "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus., Romans 3:26. It is not possible to believe that God is righteous when he condemns people to hell before they are born. We believe that God and his Son Jesus Christ are righteous and can be trusted. This results in our justification. If you don't believe that God and Jesus Christ are righteous, then you are not a Christian. The God of Calvinism is unrighteous and is depraved. It is not spiritually possible to have faith in the God of Calvinism.

What you believe God is like will be reflected in the way that you live. If you believe that God is merciful, you will be merciful also. John Calvin was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Christians. He was known as the tyrant of Genevia. If you want to know more about John Calvin, google, "The Recorded Atrocities of John Calvin". To say that John Calvin was depraved might be an understatement. Because he was depraved, he invented a depraved religion and named it after himself.

There are dozens and dozens of scriptures that refute Calvinism. The most hated scripture of Calvinism is John 3:16. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever that believes in him should not perish". They also hate the words "Whosoever" "All" "Everyone" "World". We have a responsibility to preach the Gospel to everyone regardless of what they believe. If you decide to take on these poor lost souls stick with the scriptures and keep your cool.
I have found that Calvinist have rejected the God of the Bible and have fabricated the God of Calvinism. The God of Calvinism does not believe the God of the Bible because the God of the Bible refutes the God of Calvinism. The scripture says, "Thou shalt not have any other God's before me". Calvinism is another God.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is the height of spiritual depravity.
This is a very proud statement coming from man, who is less than vanity!

I'm reminded of this scripture when I hear man making such s statement:
Sir, I have one word for you~Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God?

I do not have to defend God, he is more than able to speak for himself and he has in the scriptures quoted above.

Understanding the whole picture, we know that the Creator of all things did everything perfectly and in perfect order. God willed to have a people to know him, and share his glory with. Yet, anything that God created would be less than he was, impossible for them to have his infinite attributes one being impossible for God to be tempted with evil. Knowing this, he had an election of grace among both angels and man~thus the meaning of elect according to the foreknowledge of God~1st Peter 1:2.

God was not under obligation to save anyone, yet in his mercy he purposed to preserved some from the second death, which is perishing in the lake of fire. There is no such doctrine of a present burning hell where the wicked go at death, that's a RCC doctrine where purgatory gets its teachings from~another study for another thread.

You might be better off to believe in no God at all than to believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born.
Sir, I can turn that right around and say the same to you in your hatred against God's sovereignty.

To believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born
What God foresaw was that NONE would had been saved, if he did not in mercy, preserve some by electing them, in spite of what they would have done if left to themselves. I have heard it said that grace is unmerited favor, actually is in demerited favor toward sinners who seek their own destruction, if left to themselves~ we see it every day in the world in which we are living in.
is to believe that God is an unjust, unrighteous, unmerciful, tyrant
When you see him remind him of that in which you are now so proudly proclaiming~pretty sure your loins will be too loose for you to say even a word.
The Bible plainly teaches that God's people are justified by faith. They are justified by faith in God and his righteousness.
Legally, sinners are justified by the faith of Jesus Christ...
This one scripture ( and there are others as well ) is the gospel in a nutshell! Sinners are justified by the faith/obedience and righteousness of Jesus Christ...period! Read also: Romans 3:21-24; Philippians 3:0, etc.

Christians live under, "the system of faith: whereby we know our justification by faith in the word of God! a big different~Romans 4:1-5:1 etc.

We believe that God and his Son Jesus Christ are righteous and can be trusted.
A strawman argument~what does this have to do with such scriptures as Romans 9, etc?
This results in our justification.
Results in? What do you mean by this statement? What results in sinners being justified and God be just in doing so, is that Christ was made a perfect suety for them!
Enough for now. I want to come back and comment on a few more thing

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you believe God is like will be reflected in the way that you live. If you believe that God is merciful, you will be merciful also.
Agreed
John Calvin was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Christians. He was known as the tyrant of Geneva.
This is so wrong, not even close. The only person that was put to death by the ruling party of Geneva was Michael Servetus~who went to Geneva to confront John Calvin over the doctrine of the Trinity. He would have never been burnt if he had not went there stirring up trouble.

Calvin believe like most do today in the eternal Sonship doctrine of Jesus Christ, a doctrine that I do not hold to, and neither did Michael Servetus, yet I do not know all he believe concerning that doctrine since his works were burned with him. He should have never went there causing an uproar, even though I believe he was right! Actually John Calvin spent hours working with him trying to convince him that he was wrong, yet to he did not prevail, and neither would he have convinced me, so there. HIs last words were:
Historians record his last words as: "Jesus, Son of the Eternal God, have mercy on me."
So correctly spoken. Jesus is not the eternal son of God~Jesus was a complex person, fully God, fully man. As man, he had a beginning, as God he is the Everlasting Father of all things. Isaiah 9:6
He was known as the tyrant of Genevia. If you want to know more about John Calvin, google, "The Recorded Atrocities of John Calvin"
Wrong, if you want to know a person read their works and judge them by not what others think but by what they say and do. The Pharisees would fall for that approach concerning others, especially so those they hate. John Calvin's works speak for themselves, when overall considered. Yes, I differ with him on certain doctrines, but his writings on practical Christianity, are the as good as any.
To say that John Calvin was depraved might be an understatement. Because he was depraved, he invented a depraved religion and named it after himself.
Well your first statement is true of all of us as we are by nature. John Calvin did not invent a religion, and neither did he named anything after himself and truly would be unhappy to know that a system of doctrine are named after him.

It is true that John Calvin set in order the Christian Religion in his works on Institutes of the Christian Religion ~written when he was only 27 years old! He was a brilliant person and very humble, is clearly seen in reading his works, and much I have read.
There are dozens and dozens of scriptures that refute Calvinism.
Well, why do you not put them forth to be tested?
The most hated scripture of Calvinism is John 3:16. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever that believes in him should not perish". They also hate the words "Whosoever" "All" "Everyone" "World". We have a responsibility to preach the Gospel to everyone regardless of what they believe. If you decide to take on these poor lost souls stick with the scriptures and keep your cool.
Well, let us look at John 3:16 Mr. Simpleton. All folks like you can do is run with the mere sound of words, because you do not have the God given ability to open us God's word.

John 3:16 is a wonderful scriptures that few understand, including you.

God so loved the world~in the old testament God's love was confined to the Jews only for the most part, with a few exceptions. All Jesus is doing is revealing to Nicodemus a ruler of the Jews that God's love is not limited to the Jews only, but also to the Gentiles. Read and compare scriptures if you can. Romans 3:29; 9:24; 10:12,13; etc.

"
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." this is not a verse on a condition to be performed, "but a biblical truth"~all who believe will never perish in the lake of fire, but they possess everlasting life NOW.

The sense of the word "world" here in this verse is not all without "exceptions but all without distinction."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you follow Calvin and other little men or Jesus???

Corinthians 3:4-9​

4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?
5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task.6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 9 For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.

Reactions: Starise

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you follow Calvin and other little men or Jesus???

Corinthians 3:4-9​

4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?
5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task.6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 9 For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.
Read my post~I clearly said that I disagree with Calvin on certain doctrines. I labor to be a noble Berea Christian~Acts 17:11

Actually, John Calvin and Martin Luther both mighty men of God, were confused on Justification~Men like Samuel Richardson and John Brine were much better. http://www.sovereignredeemerbooks.com/assets/pdf/samuel-richardson/justification-by-christ-alone.pdf

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read my post~I clearly said that I disagree with Calvin on certain doctrines. I labor to be a noble Berea Christian~Acts 17:11

Actually, John Calvin and Martin Luther both mighty men of God, were confused on Justification~Men like Samuel Richardson and John Brine were much better. http://www.sovereignredeemerbooks.com/assets/pdf/samuel-richardson/justification-by-christ-alone.pdf

You need to stop listening to what men say and listen to what God says, Google "The Recorded atrocities of John Calvin" John Calvin was a demon.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
he had an election of grace

This phrase "election of Grace" is the Theological Sewage that came out of the Black heart of Demonic : John Calvin.

Reader, avoid it like its out to harm you, because it is out to harm you.
It will ruin your faith, your Christianity, and build a stronghold in your mind, that is nearly impossible to tear down, as its a type of "bewitching" that will have you teaching Calvinism, thinking, that you are teaching the Bible.

It is mind poison.
Its a Spiritual DARKNESS Mental Trap.

Calvinist's dont try to bring people to Jesus.. they try to convert you to JOHN CALVINISM.

Notice it.
Its a CULT mentality,.
They ALL do it.
Its OF the DEVIL.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This phrase "election of Grace" is the Theological Sewage that came out of the Black heart of Demonic : John Calvin.

Reader, avoid it like death.
It will ruin your faith, your Christianity, and build a stronghold in your mind, that is nearly impossible to tear down, as its a type of "bewitching" that will have you teaching Calvinism, thinking, that you are teaching the Bible.

It is mind poison.

Calvinist's dont try to bring people to Jesus.. they try to convert you to JOHN CALVINISM.

Notice it.
They ALL do it.
Its OF the DEVIL.
Right. They believe that Calvinism is their Jesus.

Reactions: Behold

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reader, avoid it like death.

It is mind poison.

Notice it.
They ALL do it.
Its OF the DEVIL.
Are you finished spewing out your hatred for the truth? Probably not. But if you have convinced yourself that the doctrine of election of grace is the Theological Sewage that came out of the Black heart of Demonic : John Calvin~then what do you think of Paul's teaching?

So, according to your corrupt understanding, which is void of all truth, what words do you have for Paul who taught the doctrine of election of grace? The election of grace is the doctrine of the true gospel of Jesus Christ, which you are showing me that you are an enemy of.
Children of God with understanding know how to use the gospel and its purpose as to why gave us the word of God in written form.
The gospel is the source of information concerning biblical truths that we otherwise would have never know apart from God giving us his word. The gospel is not the means of getting sinners born again, but it was given to give God's children a knowledge of all truths including how they were born of God. But, I will not waste my time casting pearls before swines. Nevertheless, I will give two scriptures that most likely you have no clue as to what the mean.
Paul was ready to preach the gospel to those at Rome~why was he ready? He was searching for those already born of God~he was not laboring to get sinners who are at enmity against God born again...that was outside of his power to do so and he knew that~but, he could and he should labor to help those that had eyes to see and a heart to understand. Consider:

it is the power of God unto salvation~I ask you and others to whom is the gospel the power of God for? Paul will tell~it is the power of God unto salvation "To every one that believeth"...Only those to whom the power to believe is given can believe! The next verse help us to see this.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God revealing how sinners are made righteous before God. BUt, this great truth is only reveal for a person who has faith, to another person who has faith! "from faith to faith".. it is impossible to reveal these great and wonderful truth to thos edead in trespaases and sins. To them the gospel is pure foolishness, this is not my opinion. but God's testimony form his infallible word.

1st Corinthians 1:18-30~"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the"
If one compares Romans 1:16,17 with 1st Corinthians 1 then we see the same truth being taught.

Enough for now less I cast precious pearls of truth before a swine per Matthew 7.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to stop listening to what men say and listen to what God says, Google "The Recorded atrocities of John Calvin" John Calvin was a demon.
Sir, I read for myself not what others say about folks~ PLUS I judge a person by reading and listening to him, which is the only fair way of judging folks properly. If I was living in Jesus' day and only listened to the Scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees, then I would think Christ was just as they said~a demon possess person!

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you finished spewing out your hatred for the truth?

See, typical of the cult (Calvinism) mind, you want to define Calvin's Doctrine of Devils as "Truth"
This is always the Disciple of Calvin, standing up for their Idol.

Let me show you who and what is Truth.

Jesus said.. "I am the Way, the Life, and The TRUTH".

That's not "Calvin" or "demonic Calvinism"

So what do you think of Paul's teaching?

Paul does not teach Calvinism, or limited atonement, or predestined to believe.
If you have been taught that he does, and you believe it, then you have not studied Paul's Doctrine., and you were deceived by liars who also know NOTHING about Paul's = Soteriology...
You have only studied other Calvinist's who redefined the NT to suit Calvin's "doctrine's of Devils'.

Paul teaches that the Cross of Christ , the preaching of "the Cross" is the "POWER of God, unto Salvation unto ALL who Believe".

Not those who are pre-destined to be elected, as lying Calvinism and deceived Calvinist's teach.

I will not waste my time casting pearls before swines.

Defining Paul's Gospel as the gospel for swines, proves that your fool's game theology has rot at the core.

Get this in your head @Red Baker

God is not a Calvinist
Jesus is not a Calvinist
Paul is not a Calvinist
The NT does not teach Calvinism
Calvinism, is a mind blinding "bewitching" that has it's corrupted coming to forums to preach : Calvinism, as they think, they believe this is "Christianity

Calvinism is NOT Christianity.
It's one of Satan's finest works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sir, I can turn that right around and say the same to you in your hatred against God's sovereignty.

God did NOT decide only a few would be allowed to be saved.

The Father sovereignly decided to make man in His own Image which is why all men have free will. He said in His Word than we are predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29), and we are to be followers of God as dear children (Ephesians 5:1)

God's Word says man is without excuse (Romans 1:20), the grace that brings salvation has come upon all men (Titus 2:11-13)

God's Word says it's not God's will that any perish and He wants all to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), and He has commanded men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30), and has given every man faith (Romans 12:3)

Jesus said if He be lifted up He would draw all men until Himself (John 12:32), and Jesus has tasted of death for every man (Hebrews 2:9)

In light of all these scriptures, we can say for sure that limited atonement taught by John Calvin is false doctrine and is in opposition to what God says.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did NOT decide only a few would be allowed to be saved.
Sir, I'll give you credit more so than the two posters before you, you at least labored to use scriptures, even if not applied properly. Now, to answer your post.

In the spirit in which God commands us, in all meekness, and kindness knowing that we could very easily be on the other side spewing out our hatred toward God, if he had not first love us and called us out darkness into his marvelous light. If he had not done so, we know we would have never chosen him over our love for sin and all of its ungodly lust.
Man's vain thoughts are that we have chosen Christ, yet the Lord clearly stated that it was him that first loved us, which cause him to elect us to be his children. His love was prompt solely by his own will.
We do not teach that only a few will ultimately will be saved from sin and condemnation~It was said to Rebekah.......

Indeed the thousands of millions of God's elect will possess the gates of all those that hate them, because we faithfully proclaim the salvation of the Lord. The devil hates this truth since he was not one of the elect angels, thereby he and his babies serpents fight against this one particular truth.
The Father sovereignly decided to make man in His own Image which is why all men have free will. He said in His Word than we are predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29), and we are to be followers of God as dear children (Ephesians 5:1)
Sir, God indeed did make man in his own image~that image consist in knowledge, understanding and true holiness, and yes Adam and Eve did indeed have a free will~but they sinned and lost that image and took on the image of Satan, a depraved nature under the power of darkness and sin.

When Adam had a son he was born after his fallen likeness not in the image in which he was created.
Adam did not have a son in God's image but in his own likeness/image. Sinful flesh can only produce flesh which Paul describes for us in details in Romans 8.
A very dark commentary concerning our flesh~but a very faithful and true commentary we might add.

the grace that brings salvation has come upon all men (Titus 2:11-13)

God's Word says it's not God's will that any perish and He wants all to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9)
"All".... not all without exceptions, but all without distinction~Jews and Gentiles, men from all nations on this earth.

Concerning not willing that any should perish....... we must allow the context to drive our understanding, we must not not isolate certain words, or, play upon the mere sounds of word to promote our own doctrine. The verse reads thus:
To be very short, mockers mocking the Lord's promise return, know nothing all all, for our God is not slack concerning his promises to his children, the only reason why he has delay is to that he is not willing that any perish, that is, He's following his ordained perfect plan in bringing many sons to glory~the "usward" is connected to verse one of chapter one.........."to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:"....The Lord indeed is longsuffering to USWARD.

has given every man faith (Romans 12:3)
Sir, please stay with the context which is king of all correct interpretations. Faith in Romans 12 is speaking of the gifts given to body of believers~ it has not one thing about all men given faith to believe for we know that that is not so.
Jesus said if He be lifted up He would draw all men until Himself (John 12:32), and Jesus has tasted of death for every man (Hebrews 2:9)
Again, you are playing upon mere sounds of words without comparing scriptures with scriptures. All is all without distinction, no longer is God the God of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles, yet among both of these he as an elect people. It is not that difficult~yet, one's eyes must be opened by God to see any truth of the scriptures. Matthew 13:11; etc.

In light of all these scriptures, we can say for sure that limited atonement taught by John Calvin is false doctrine and is in opposition to what God says.
Why use John Calvin's name, many people taught this before Calvin~Why not start with Christ, who clearly taught the doctrine of election of grace.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, typical of the cult (Calvinism) mind, you want to define Calvin's Doctrine of Devils as "Truth"
This is always the Disciple of Calvin, standing up for their Idol.

Let me show you who and what is Truth.

Jesus said.. "I am the Way, the Life, and The TRUTH".

That's not "Calvin" or "demonic Calvinism"

Paul does not teach Calvinism, or limited atonement, or predestined to believe.
If you have been taught that he does, and you believe it, then you have not studied Paul's Doctrine., and you were deceived by liars who also know NOTHING about Paul's = Soteriology...
You have only studied other Calvinist's who redefined the NT to suit Calvin's "doctrine's of Devils'.

Paul teaches that the Cross of Christ , the preaching of "the Cross" is the "POWER of God, unto Salvation unto ALL who Believe".

Not those who are pre-destined to be elected, as lying Calvinism and deceived Calvinist's teach.

Defining Paul's Gospel as the gospel for swines, proves that your fool's game theology has rot at the core.

Get this in your head @Red Baker

God is not a Calvinist
Jesus is not a Calvinist
Paul is not a Calvinist
The NT does not teach Calvinism
Calvinism, is a mind blinding "bewitching" that has it's corrupted coming to forums to preach : Calvinism, as they think, they believe this is "Christianity

Calvinism is NOT Christianity.
It's one of Satan's finest works.
The spirit in which you are writing does not deserve a response back~you are guilty of what Paul calls vain jangling ~ 1st Timothy 1:6...... a noisy disputer void of using scriptures!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit in which you are writing does not deserve a response back~you are guilty of what Paul calls vain jangling ~ 1st Timothy 1:6...... a noisy disputer void of using scriptures!
You have chosen to believe that God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous, tyrant that delights in sending people to hell. What you believe about God and Jesus Christ is what is going to send you to hell.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you at least labored to use scriptures, even if not applied properly.
laughing2.gif
Ah, ye olde calvinist twist the scriptures and shout!

if he had not first love us and called us out darkness into his marvelous light.

God has called ALL human beings... Jesus said if He was lifted up He would draw ALL men unto Himself and God's Word says He has tasted of death for ALL men, and He is commanding ALL men everywhere to repent.

It's unfortunate that canvinists apparently think Jesus lied when He said these things in His Word
That's too bad for the calvinists!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 39906
Ah, ye olde calvinist twist the scriptures and shout!

God has called ALL human beings... Jesus said if He was lifted up He would draw ALL men unto Himself and God's Word says He has tasted of death for ALL men, and He is commanding ALL men everywhere to repent.

It's unfortunate that canvinists apparently think Jesus lied when He said these things in His Word
That's too bad for the calvinists!
They have chosen to believe Satan's advocate John Calvin.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have chosen to believe that God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous, tyrant that delights in sending people to hell. What you believe about God and Jesus Christ is what is going to send you to hell.
Robert, in your post concerning Calvinism that I have read so far, you do nothing more than use logical fallacies~mostly........

Red herring logical fallacy​

The red herring fallacy is the deliberate attempt to mislead and distract an audience by bringing up an unrelated issue to falsely oppose the issue at hand. Essentially, it is an attempt to change the point of the subject and divert attention elsewhere.

And I have seen you use many........

Straw man logical fallacy​

The straw man logical fallacy is the distortion of an opponent’s argument to make it easier to refute. By exaggerating or simplifying someone’s position, one can easily attack a weak version of it and ignore their real strong argument, that supports their opponents potion on what is being discuss

I can take you posts that I have read so far, and prove how that's all you do.

I have proven that God is merciful, just, and does not take delight in the destruction of the wicked~God provided Adam with all he needed to continue in the state in which he was perfectly created.

God's own testimony concerning all things in which he created is recorded for us to read and observed:

God placed Adam and Eve in a perfect world, in a glorious garden, with one simple commandment, yet it was man that sinned and lost God's image in which he was created with~knowledge, understanding, and true holiness. Adam became at enmity ~ not just an enemy, but more than that, he became at war against his Creator God.

God was not under obligation to secure Adam from falling, yet in mercy, after they fell into sin and came under the power of the devil, God promised a redeemer through the seed of the woman that would come and destroy Satan and his works of bringing darkness and destruction upon the man.

After Adam's fall, all that came from his lions had his fallen image~which consist in ignorance, darkness, a heart that is at enmity against God. We do not put the blame on God as your understanding of the scriptures would have you believe.

God knew that any created spirits, or flesh and blood, could not have the power of immutability~thereby, he had an election of grace both among the angels and man. God was not under obligation to secure either from falling, the fall was their own, and the consequences was deserving, since God must punish sin with destruction.

Under the new covenant God does secure the salvation of his elect through Jesus Christ's perfect obedience being the second Adam.

Robert, I have not chosen anything, God chose me to believe his truth on the behalf of his Son Jesus Christ~if he had not, then I would have never believe on my own, since, by nature, I had the same heart that Adam had after his fall. By God's power and grace I ahve chosen to believe the word of God and to defend my understanding with the same.

What you believe about God and Jesus Christ is what is going to send you to hell.
A man's understanding is not what will cause one to be cast into the lake of fire which is the second death. No man has perfect understanding, what will cause one to be destroyed in the lake of fire, is rejecting in the word of God ~ true faith in the scriptures is evident by having a true understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ ~ though not limited to that.