Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an issue in our churches. People convert and are indoctrinated and sent out to preach and teach. There is no spiritual growth, just the acquisition of knowledge and philosophy. We have babes in Christ misleading other babes from true discipleship.

No wonder they are so illiterate. But we are also to blame (those like me) because we saw a lack of doctrine and perhaps minimized the actual meat of the Word to focus on "correct" theology.

Can you just imagine if I did try to teach him a little "advanced," the meat of the gospel? He'd be more confused than he is now.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you just imagine if I did try to teach him a little "advanced," the meat of the gospel? He'd be more confused than he is now.
I think to him the "meat" of the Word is Calvinism. The flesh cannot understand spiritual things. That is his first obsticle - to turn from human philosophy and simply trust God and His Word. This is repentance and has to come first.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do with your beliefs that a Christian sins, erroneously pointing to Paul.

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
More Scripture out of context.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've got 30 years to go till you are my age. I wasn't able to do it, so let us know how you are doing as time goes by. Taylor is even bout a dozen years younger..... maybe he will figure it out.
If I thought I was going to make it to 81 I’d have taken better care of myself.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think to him the "meat" of the Word is Calvinism. The flesh cannot understand spuritual things. That is his first obsticle - to turn from human philosophy and simply trust God and His Word. This is repentance and has to come first.

Yes repentance. But they think it is confessing each sin as they commit them, rather that acknowledging that our whole nature is weak, and we need Jesus to save us and empower us through the Holy Spirit to change our desires, so that we will not commit willful sins of lawlessness again.

Reactions: John Caldwell

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More Scripture out of context.

Have you ever been baptized with the Holy Spirit? If you have, you know that is not out of context. We who have been filled with the Spirit live this life, not the one that always sins as you try to preach.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes repentance. But they think it is confessing each sin as they commit them, rather that acknowledging that our whole nature is weak, and we need Jesus to save us and empower us through the Holy Spirit to change our desires, so that we will not commit willful sins of lawlessness again.
Some hold Calvinism as their understanding of the gospel (which is fair). Others hold it as the gospel itself (which is "another gospel" than preached by the Apostles). Calvinism as the gospel is powerless.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 1:15-16 KJV
[15] But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, [16] To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Is Christ in us not saved? Also notice Paul didn’t consult his flesh.
Tecarta Bible
I asked him about how he used the word "saved."