Can Covid-19 spark a revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What has not happened in the USA is (a) a thorough purging of the Deep State and (b) systematic investigation and prosecution of all the corrupt and treasonous politicians and bureaucrats that were under Obama and have continue during Trump's tenure. Had the anarchists seen that those who engage in sedition and treason end up behind bars for a long time, all this so-called *resistance* would have been put in its place.

Take a couple of recent examples. The day Nancy Pelosi publicly tore up the State of the Union Address, the FBI should have arrested her for a felony. The day Chuck Schumer threatened the Supreme Court judges with assassination (without using that word) the FBI should have arrested him for another felony. Those two should never have been allowed to continue their nefarious deeds and evil words. In fact Trump publicly stated that Pelosi had torn the country apart.

Yet, there they are continuing to spout nonsense and attack Trump and work on legislation which is detrimental to the USA. And this is the real reason why there is no end to division and strife. Yet I have not even mentioned all the other couple of dozen top-tier agitators and hacks who have operated with impunity for the past three plus years.
I suppose you could add to that arrest list the increasing number of leftist media calling for the assassination of Trump. That used to be called sedition and treason. Seems these days among certain sections of the community such an attitude is a virtue.

Reactions: XRose and Enoch111

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of people are talking about COVID being Armageddon but failing to understand that just like the SARS that was seen as deadly but disappeared entirely COVID is just a warning that GOD is preparing to send Jesus.
COVID is a plague sent by GOD as a wake-up call for the forthcoming Tribulation.
He has targeted the Chineses and now the Italians and Spaniards for the worst total death because China kills many Christian and prevents the Gospel being preached. Italy and Spain is feeeling His wrath because the Italians and Spaniards worship Ishtar and are led by a pope who says Lucifer is Jesus!
GOD had Moses and Levites kill 3,000 who had been dancing naked around the Golden Calf and then sent a plague to speedily kill many more to teach them not to worship idols!
Just have a read of Exodus 32: 25 And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)
26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.
35 And the Lord plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On a personal level revival is definitely possible, as it always has been.

In the traditional sense, I think not while gathering restrictions are in place. Actually I expect this trial to be really bad for many churches.
Indeed, especially the any where the carnal socializing aspect has really become more important than moving closer to God.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You get it. Thanks for watching.
The video was very good. Unfortunately, it is likely that few will watch it and even of those who do many will do what they do so often here on this forum... attack what they consider their opposition... instead of striving to do what Jesus walking as a man 2000 years ago was doing. He loved everyone and hated no one.

Reactions: Brakelite

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an interesting thought. One thing appears to be clear already. People are having plenty of time to reflect on their lives, and get back to spending time together. I heard Kevin Bacon and his wife did a 5000 piece puzzle together for the first time in 30 years of marriage...

Anyway, I think it is possible, especially if people start becoming increasingly worried about income and health. Once they turn back to prayer they start turning back to God.

How such a personal revival will manifest in terms of worship? I think those who say it may spark the house church movement are correct. It's been prophesied for quite some time that the house church movement will return in great strength in the future, and this may indeed be what sparks it.

"...that the house church movement will return in great strength in the future, and this may indeed be what sparks it."

I sure hope this will be the case!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an interesting thought. One thing appears to be clear already. People are having plenty of time to reflect on their lives, and get back to spending time together. I heard Kevin Bacon and his wife did a 5000 piece puzzle together for the first time in 30 years of marriage...

Anyway, I think it is possible, especially if people start becoming increasingly worried about income and health. Once they turn back to prayer they start turning back to God.

How such a personal revival will manifest in terms of worship? I think those who say it may spark the house church movement are correct. It's been prophesied for quite some time that the house church movement will return in great strength in the future, and this may indeed be what sparks it.
If health orders are given allowing small private gatherings, and people feel safe to do so, then the house churches will be reborn overnight.

These tribulations are being accomplished in your brethren world wide.

I have a certain expectation of the spiritual work God is working in His people.

1 Peter 5
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

This passage really seems to fit the times!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally believe the days of 'revival' are over. Everything is leading towards the end times chaos. Towards that man of sin to be revealed. Just think, if one stepped on the scene even now, and solved the economic crisis Corona has inflicted, how well he would be received.

If I were yall, I would purchase a new Bible now, while you still can.

Stranger
Hi Stranger,

I live in Los Angeles suburbia, and there's not a single Christian book store left for I don't know how far. Drive into LA, I guess!

I'm thinking this is child's play next to what's going to push the world into the arms of the beast!
Cataclysmic earthquake world wide, millions missing, dead, food riots immediately now that everyone realizes from this what they need to do. And all the rest that comes.

It's easy to wonder how this is God's love, but I was thinking earlier, Acts 17, God chooses the times and place we live so that we'll look for Him, though He's not far to be found.

So even now, God, knowing these days, put us all here to achieve 'maximum yield' of people who will seek Him. All this is so that we will do that.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If health orders are given allowing small private gatherings, and people feel safe to do so, then the house churches will be reborn overnight.

The thing is, H1N1 went around the world three times I think, and if Covid-19 does the same thing, it may change culture permanently for a few years, leading to small gatherings in general being more the norm... Thus, there may be a trend towards trusting only those within one's particular group; one's "family" by lineage or by spirituality. That seems to be taking place already. Who are we hanging out with? Our families and closest friends.

Christian fellowship, then, would just grow out of this naturally. The question is how many are prepared to lead Bible studies, worship, etc...

LoL. Just had a thought. The best meetings are often where there's interaction, i.e. free discussion during a teaching, with input from all. The only problem is things get heated. I'm thinking of how many will now have to get used to what we on the forums have had to adapt to: How to listen to our brothers and sisters teach things we strongly disagree with patiently, without venting our frustrations in some way, shape or form, LoL.

92ab78538c1a091006b9fcdd750e67db--life-list-pie.jpg

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian fellowship, then, would just grow out of this naturally. The question is how many are prepared to lead Bible studies, worship, etc...
Hi HIH,

The Holy Spirit has, I think, rather amazing ways of solving things like this. Churches are born overnite when someone is gifted to serve in this way, and another in that way.

Much love!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose you could add to that arrest list the increasing number of leftist media calling for the assassination of Trump. That used to be called sedition and treason. Seems these days among certain sections of the community such an attitude is a virtue.
What are you talking about?

If you know anyone who's called for Trump to be assassinated, I suggest you report him or her to the Secret Service.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point I am getting at, is even though Coronavirus is bad, even though I believe God did not cause it to happen, God could be allowing it to happen to turn people back to Him.
True. It should be noted that the Wuhan virus has generally had a greater impact within the states controlled by Left-Liberal Democrats (which of course no one one wants to bring up for obvious reasons).

They are the ones who are anti-Christian and anti-conservative. So now they have to deal with their mortality and the afterlife. Most people believe that there is a Hell, since they use that word as a profanity all the time.

So while revival may not be something to expect, people turning to God when faced with death and disaster should be be expected from those who formerly opposed God and Christ.

Have you noticed how some of the virulent anti-Trumpers are now praising him? And because his ratings in the polls have climbed through the roof, the Left-Liberal media want to stop his briefings! They simply can't stand seeing Mr. Trump succeed. At the same time, he needs to be extremely careful about the snakes which are still surrounding him within the Deep State.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed how some of the virulent anti-Trumpers are now praising him?
Maybe they finally agree with something he did. Why be so negative?
And because his ratings in the polls have climbed through the roof, the Left-Liberal media want to stop his briefings! They simply can't stand seeing Mr. Trump succeed. At the same time, he needs to be extremely careful about the snakes which are still surrounding him within the Deep State.
I don't see his ratings in the polls going up the way you state.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stranger,

I live in Los Angeles suburbia, and there's not a single Christian book store left for I don't know how far. Drive into LA, I guess!

I'm thinking this is child's play next to what's going to push the world into the arms of the beast!
Cataclysmic earthquake world wide, millions missing, dead, food riots immediately now that everyone realizes from this what they need to do. And all the rest that comes.

It's easy to wonder how this is God's love, but I was thinking earlier, Acts 17, God chooses the times and place we live so that we'll look for Him, though He's not far to be found.

So even now, God, knowing these days, put us all here to achieve 'maximum yield' of people who will seek Him. All this is so that we will do that.

Much love!

You can buy Bibles on line and get them cheaper also.

Stranger

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I don't suspect any revival will come of it, "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed" (2 Thessalonians 2:3). More likely the beginning of the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse, the pale horse representing pestilence bringing death. But who knows?

Financial/economic collapse could be a bigger problem than the virus itself? $1.4 trillion spent so far, enough to pay off all student loans. We went from a booming economy and record low employment to a recession, a 35% drop in the stock market, and a new record for unemployment claims.

Went to 4 stores and couldn't find toilet paper or bread. The governor of Illinois just ordered my business to shut down until April 7th, don't know how they expect me to make the rent due in 9 days. The panic could get worse, which will clobber a world that's already buried in debt. This thing will linger long after Covid 19 is gone.... jmo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lots of people are talking about COVID being Armageddon but failing to understand that just like the SARS that was seen as deadly but disappeared entirely COVID is just a warning that GOD is preparing to send Jesus.
COVID is a plague sent by GOD as a wake-up call for the forthcoming Tribulation.
He has targeted the Chineses and now the Italians and Spaniards for the worst total death because China kills many Christian and prevents the Gospel being preached. Italy and Spain is feeeling His wrath because the Italians and Spaniards worship Ishtar and are led by a pope who says Lucifer is Jesus!
GOD had Moses and Levites kill 3,000 who had been dancing naked around the Golden Calf and then sent a plague to speedily kill many more to teach them not to worship idols!
Just have a read of Exodus 32: 25 And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)
26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.
35 And the Lord plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.
A better appreciation of the character of God and more understanding of His ways would help you in understanding that God does not act as a tyrant and send plagues to destroy people, unless there is no possible road to repentance such as the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah. In this case I believe it is either man made or satanic. Or both. And God has stepped aside, withdrawn His protection, to give people space and motivation to seek Him and repent.
It is true that the end is near. God seeks to save as many as possible before He comes to harvest the Earth of the ripened fruit... Both good and bad. What we are seeing and witnessing throughout the world in earthquakes, pestilence (literally contagious disease), famines and conflict, is a sign that God is withdrawing Himself from the Earth
... The people of the world can no longer benefit from His protection and mercy on such a universal manner as in previous times. We are told that there are angels holding back the "winds of strife"...I believe those angels are loosening their grip.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't suspect any revival will come of it, "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed" (2 Thessalonians 2:3). More likely the beginning of the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse, the pale horse representing pestilence bringing death. But who knows?

Financial/economic collapse could be a bigger problem than the virus itself? $1.4 trillion spent so far, enough to pay off all student loans. We went from a booming economy and record low employment to a recession, a 35% drop in the stock market, and a new record for unemployment claims.

Went to 4 stores and couldn't find toilet paper or bread. The governor of Illinois just ordered my business to shut down until April 7th, don't know how they expect me to make the rent due in 9 days. The panic could get worse, which will clobber a world that's already buried in debt. This thing will linger long after Covid 19 is gone.... jmo

Hmmm the economy is obviously a pretty big problem at the moment, and it's probably going to fall way further, just today they announced that the states of NSW and Vic in Australia have to stop non-essential businesses/services with exceptions (Waiting for Premier Daniel Andrews to be more clear on what is essential and non-essential) in the next 48 hours or risk 20k+ fines. With that announcement I expect the Aussie stock markets to plummet, what will help it a little bit though is the multi-billion dollar package the government announced and is ever-changing.

As far as spiritual revivals go, I am not putting it out of question, yes there are tough restrictions getting into place that are getting tougher by the day, but could it mean we start seeing more of in Western nations, what they have being seeing in the Middle East? More people in isolation seeing dreams and visions of Jesus and turning to Him out of desperation? Getting healed straight by the Holy Spirit without the laying of hands? People being raised from the dead through the power of the Holy Spirit? Could it be that sort of revival?

Anyway it's up to God, God's will be done, whatever way He decides, the individual lost sheep matter just as much to God as the big numbers.

But lets look at the natural revival, some good news, as you may have heard, pollution levels have dropped due to lock downs, waters that are usually polluted are becoming crystal clear, fish are returning to the waters. Now that's some pretty good news in these times.

Waters gone crystal clear in Venice. Residents have reported it's the first time they have been able to see the bottom in maybe 60 years

7360.jpg

fish-seen-in-clear-venice-canals-after-coronavirus-lockdown-fb4-png__700.jpg

Pollution levels drop in Italy and China
italy-pollution-levels-coronavirus-quarantine-fb4-png__700.jpg

5e5babf5fee23d7a7c4a91e2

Last edited:

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A better appreciation of the character of God and more understanding of His ways would help you in understanding that God does not act as a tyrant and send plagues to destroy people,
A better appreciation of the character of God and more understanding of His ways really would help you in understanding that God does act as a tyrant and send plagues to destroy people as he did to the people dancing naked round the golden calf even while just a mile or two away the top of Mt Sinai was smoking where GOD was speaking directly with Moses.
GOD also allowed the Assyrians to take Jews into slavery to teach them a lesson.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, especially the any where the carnal socializing aspect has really become more important than moving closer to God.

Hey John,
Would you look at this virus as the left hand of God?