Can Covid-19 spark a revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey John,
Would you look at this virus as the left hand of God?
God accomplishes all of His purposes, even His curses. Some people who seemed innocent in scripture [e.g. Joshua & Caleb who spent 40 long years in the wilderness even though they did not doubt God] suffered greatly. This does not mean that God purposely created the virus, however, He uses that which is to do that which is needed. When that which is needed would be seen by men as a curse... well?

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
While the pagans, non-Christians, atheists and agnostics worry about COVID, sickness, money, food and shelter a Christian can rely on The Lord's Prayer: Give us this day...?
This covid emergency is destroying the wealth and complacency of billions of people even though Gov'ts can probably keep things going until the plague disappears in GOD's time.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God accomplishes all of His purposes, even His curses. Some people who seemed innocent in scripture [e.g. Joshua & Caleb who spent 40 long years in the wilderness even though they did not doubt God] suffered greatly. This does not mean that God purposely created the virus, however, He uses that which is to do that which is needed. When that which is needed would be seen by men as a curse... well?

Agreed. I meant that He will use a bad thing to the good...not that He necessarily sent this virus into the population. Of course, then we could look at the first four horsemen of the 7 from Rev. I wonder if all the pandemics the human race has gone through over the centuries can be connected to the vials?

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that it? Push everyone online? I see it a sad sign of the times.

I don't care what you see it as. If I can get a Bible into the hands of a believer, I will. And I will praise God for it.

Go ahead and be sad all you want. Doesn't bother me.

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder if all the pandemics the human race has gone through over the centuries can be connected to the vials?
No. Those pandemics belong to the fourth seal. The vials are in the future and belong to the 7th seal.

And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and [Hades] followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. (Rev 6:7,8)

Death and Hades are personified here, but the past pandemics all killed many people (as we are also seeing today). "The beasts of the earth" would be a reference to animals, and all these viruses emanating from China originated in animals. The "wet markets" of China should have been shut down long ago. Eating bats should have been a felony.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there have been quite a lot of negatives being said about the Coronavirus, but let's look at what good can come out of this as a result of

- Many sporting leagues have been put to a halt, or fans have been banned from attending.

- Cinemas are closing their doors, movie releases are being delayed, Hollywood is on hold.

- Concerts around the world have been canceled or postponed

- a lot of other events have been canceled around the world

- Pubs, Bars and Clubs are closing

- Major Shopping Centres/Shopping Malls are being emptied

- Countries are being put into lock down

Now looking at all that is happening in the world, is this a recipe for people to turn back to Jesus? Is this a call for people to turn back to God? Will many start seeking Him again because of this?

Coronavirus is obviously bad, but can it be a bad situation turned to good?

And amongst this, megachurches have been closing their doors, as I mentioned in another thread. Will they have to start relying on God for their needs totally and maybe even start downsizing?

The point I am getting at, is even though Coronavirus is bad, even though I believe God did not cause it to happen, God could be allowing it to happen to turn people back to Him.
It could definitely be a way He is using to wake us up and stir up those who have fallen asleep.
His Will be done! On earth as it is in heaven!

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally think that there will be divine moves from God in the midst of this world wide pandemic.
I agree! I for one am highly anticipating the great Awakening of those who have fallen asleep....that God will pour out His Spirit in a mighty wave globally and the gifts and callings in those who fell asleep will be stirred up again and there will be major revivals and signs and wonders will follow the preaching of His Word like it was on the day of Pentecost!
Hurry Lord! Pour out Your Holy Spirit and give us a fresh anointing....pour out Your Fire and fill us!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree! I for one am highly anticipating the great Awakening of those who have fallen asleep....that God will pour out His Spirit in a mighty wave globally and the gifts and callings in those who fell asleep will be stirred up again and there will be major revivals and signs and wonders will follow the preaching of His Word like it was on the day of Pentecost!
Hurry Lord! Pour out Your Holy Spirit and give us a fresh anointing....pour out Your Fire and fill us!
Ummm, what happened to repentance, holy living, and glorifying God through our development of a Godly character? Let me remind you of scripture..."seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, then....".
Christians, particularly in these last days, need to have our priorities right.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Wow sister, we think so much alike.

Ummm, what happened to repentance, holy living, and glorifying God through our development of a Godly character? Let me remind you of scripture..."seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, then....".
Christians, particularly in these last days, need to have our priorities right.

This will happen in a moment. In a twinkling of an eye. God does not always follow specific methods otherwise Acts 10:44-48 would never have taken place. The apostles were preaching, repentance, baptism and then the filling of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway some good news

Just the other day someone we knew of from Church had a friend in Netherlands who had Covid-19 and had struggle breathing, he laid his hand on the phone while speaking to him and commanded the virus to leave and for the Holy Spirit to fill his lungs with air. The virus left the man in the Netherland's hospital, the Holy Spirit filled the man's lungs with Holy Spirit air, he was healed and discharged from hospital shortly after. The Dutchman was amazed.

Glory to God, praise Jesus.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. But will all Christians recognise it? Perhaps even oppose it???!!!
Most seem to follow false religious and/or false teachers and false teachings.
Why would that change ?
(see what is written in the last book - what happens in the last days)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Anyway some good news

Just the other day someone we knew of from Church had a friend in Netherlands who had Covid-19 and had struggle breathing, he laid his hand on the phone while speaking to him and commanded the virus to leave and for the Holy Spirit to fill his lungs with air. The virus left the man in the Netherland's hospital, the Holy Spirit filled the man's lungs with Holy Spirit air, he was healed and discharged from hospital shortly after. The Dutchman was amazed.

Glory to God, praise Jesus.

Glory to God! Hallelujah! thank you Jesus!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The coronavirus did not escape from a lab. Here's how we know. | Live Science

Chinese have been using pangolin scales as medicine for many years. So it may be that there is a direct link between COV and China despite how they protest"
(Comment Removed)

Sounds like disinformation to me, given the "paper trail" from the U.S. Army Chemical/Biological lab which provided an "innocuous-virus" to the University of North Carolina and the affiliated Chinese virologist researchers to develop anti-viral medications typical of combating AIDS; who took the "innocuous-virus" home to China to attach a bat virus node which had a high mortality rate (~30-35%), but wasn't easily transmitted; to a different node attachment which has a lower mortality rate (~2-9%) but has a high transmission rate.

VOILA, COVID-19.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the pagans, non-Christians, atheists and agnostics worry about COVID, sickness, money, food and shelter a Christian can rely on The Lord's Prayer: Give us this day...?

WE ARE NOT "GIVEN THIS DAY", we are told to anticipate TOMORROW:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And if you fail to heed GOD's instructions, you will suffer the consequences:

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

But we all choose,
Bobby Jo