Can God do ALL things ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly, but perhaps it lacks the details necessary to avoid criticism from christian brothers or sisters so don't share it with them. A discerning eye would see it is intended to be provocative and turn the question upside down and into a witness of what Jesus did for us.

Your statement makes no sense.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief man, lighten up!! :D
Why are most things with you "a fight."
You should try taking peoples post in the spirit that are are written... not every one is like BOL...or enjoys the 'cut and thrust' that you have with him. You needn't be nasty to everyone...
I think you have hung around with BOL too much...so you talk to everyone else in the same tone. Just saying.
Try to hear the 'heart' in a post and read beyond the words that you
think they are saying. The 'benefit of doubt' works well. :)
Bless you...

I do take peoples posts in the spirit they are written. And I do hear the 'heart' in a post. Which is why I responded as I did and do.

Please don't say 'bless you' when you respond this way.

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I AGREE ! with all responses on this thread, including yours, with one exception, I don't think pia was trying to cast doubt, I found it to be kinda light Hearted! I heard that puzzle long ago and wasn't offended. GODS WILL< He will or He Will Not!!!
Thank you. No of course I wasn't...Heard it recently and thought it cute !

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do take peoples posts in the spirit they are written. And I do hear the 'heart' in a post. Which is why I responded as I did and do
Do you think God is offended?? he probably had a good giggle over it, as for rejecting a blessing, that is akin to rejecting a blessing from Christ. Her post was light hearted not meant to offend. People who are in Christ should not be getting offended, that is what the Pharisees did, got offended when the truth was spoken.

Mind you spendning time around a certain one tends to steal your peace, which again proves teh spirit he walks or does not walk in.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think God is offended?? he probably had a good giggle over it, as for rejecting a blessing, that is akin to rejecting a blessing from Christ. Her post was light hearted not meant to offend. People who are in Christ should not be getting offended, that is what the Pharisees did, got offended when the truth was spoken.

Mind you spendning time around a certain one tends to steal your peace, which again proves teh spirit he walks or does not walk in.
God is probably offended when our mouths seemingly say the right words, but our hearts are saying something else. God is looking at our hearts. That is where the real offense will begin whether it comes to our mouth or not.

Reactions: Pisteuo

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about a rock, but God made a tree he couldn't lift. Philippians 2:8

I rarely agree with stranger but he's dead on, on your statement of pure ignorance here. the obedience of the Word of God to fulfill the will of God, is the strength there of, that no man can match. you make little of the cross and you call yourself a Christian. and if you say otherwise then its the Love of the Son for the Father that it happened anyway. no can't in there anywhere.

if you want something that God can't do, He can't lie, because all that He says must come to pass and be fulfill because the Word of God has the power of God and is the Truth. yes there have been cases where some have cried out for mercy and He changed it, but only He can change it. even in the case of having some one miss lead a king He commissioned some one else to lie to their prophets. He told them what to say, be He didn't tell the lie.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And I do hear the 'heart' in a post. Which is why I responded as I did and do.

A man noticed that his ax was missing. Then he saw the neighbor's son pass by. The boy looked like a thief, walked like a thief, behaved like a thief. Later that day, the man found his ax where he had left it the day before. The next time he saw the neighbor's son, the boy looked, walked and behaved like an honest, ordinary boy.

A generous person once dug a well by the side of a road. For years afterward, grateful travelers talked of the Wonderful Well. But one night, a man fell into it and drowned. Immediately, people avoided the Dreadful Well. Later it was discovered that the victim was a drunken thief who had left he road to avoid being captured by the night patrol–only to fall into what was then known as the Justice-Dispensing Well.

Reactions: Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I rarely agree with stranger but he's dead on, on your statement of pure ignorance here. the obedience of the Word of God to fulfill the will of God, is the strength there of, that no man can match. you make little of the cross and you call yourself a Christian. and if you say otherwise then its the Love of the Son for the Father that it happened anyway. no can't in there anywhere.

if you want something that God can't do, He can't lie, because all that He says must come to pass and be fulfill because the Word of God has the power of God and is the Truth. yes there have been cases where some have cried out for mercy and He changed it, but only He can change it. even in the case of having some one miss lead a king He commissioned some one else to lie to their prophets. He told them what to say, be He didn't tell the lie.

Yes, Jesus had the capability to save himself from the cross, but he couldn't do that and save us too.

Try putting every concept necessary to avoid confusion and call attention to what Jesus did in a terse answer to that paradoxical question.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus had the capability to save himself from the cross, but he couldn't do that and save us too.

Try putting every concept necessary to avoid confusion and call attention to what Jesus did in a terse answer to that paradoxical question.

Jesus doesn't walk in a paradox, like men would have Him do. He didn't have to save anyone but it was the will of the Father, and because of His Love for the Father it was therefore the means satisfactory to the Father to accomplish that. it has nothing to do with a paradox. to heal He must heal what is broken in order to fulfill that work, otherwise He could refuse to heal. to restore the Life of Son of God into the world that others may have the power to become sons of God the Cross was required. to be heard one must speak. to stand up one must get off the chair and use the leg he was given. no paradox there at all.

you are adding to, making something of nothing, and how ever Jesus had to accomplish the act is irrelevant other than it was necessary to be satisfactory to the Father.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Jesus doesn't walk in a paradox, like men would have Him do. He didn't have to save anyone but it was the will of the Father, and because of His Love for the Father it was therefore the means satisfactory to the Father to accomplish that. it has nothing to do with a paradox. to heal He must heal what is broken in order to fulfill that work, otherwise He could refuse to heal. to restore the Life of Son of God into the world that others may have the power to become sons of God the Cross was required. to be heard one must speak. to stand up one must get off the chair and use the leg he was given. no paradox there at all.

you are adding to, making something of nothing, and how ever Jesus had to accomplish the act is irrelevant other than it was necessary to be satisfactory to the Father.

Jesus suffering on the cross is not irrelevant in any way.

The paradox I was referring to is the question in the OP, can God make a rock he is unable to lift.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That was His will in play. That was not His omnipotence being unable.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AMEN. @lforrest ...good posts.

Some read posts through the interlect, and some can read and hear 'the heart of the post',by the Spirit.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard that puzzle long ago and was offended. Any thing that takes away from God offends me. Thus I try and find a appropriate response to such an offensive statement. I can endure offenses against me. I cannot endure offenses against God.

Stranger

I truly am sorry that you were offended! consider that GOD deals with offense 24-7 - 365 with the wickedness of our world today, it is always admirable to stand firm for GOD, please do not change. Try to find a little humor in this life, with things going downhill!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus suffering on the cross is not irrelevant in any way.

The paradox I was referring to is the question in the OP, can God make a rock he is unable to lift.

I never said it was irrelevant, did I? I said the method was irrelevant didn't I? and I am well aware of the OP, and your statement in reference to it, of which I replied remember?

what's the matter looking for an out on this one? maybe a face saver?

Last edited: