Can I please get some prayers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did some research, and I'm pretty sure I have a gut bacteria overgrowth. And I've come to think it may not be related to CF. So I looked at what other factors could cause it.

Drinking alcohol increases gut bacteria overgrowth.
Coffee can restore healthy gut bacteria.

So I don't know what other factors can cause overgrowth. But these are two factors that I could find.

"Drinking 3 cups of coffee daily has been shown to promote healthy bacteria's growth in the gut and reduce the growth of harmful bacteria. Coffee stimulates the digestive system. It improves bowel motility and reduces bowel transit time." How Does Caffeine Affect Gut Health?

"Studies in animals and humans confirm that alcohol increases intestinal bacteria (Canesso et al. 2014). This overgrowth may be stimulated directly by alcohol, but some studies suggest that it also could be an indirect byproduct of poor digestive and intestinal function caused by alcohol consumption." Alcohol and Gut-Derived Inflammation | Alcohol Research: Current Reviews

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drinking alcohol increases gut bacteria overgrowth.

Not in the amount set forth by the word of God:

“…use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.” (1 Timothy 5:23)

“…wine maketh merry...” (Ecclesiastes 10:19)

“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…” (Proverbs 17:22)

:Thumbsup:

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the amount set forth by the word of God:

“…use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.” (1 Timothy 5:23)

“…wine maketh merry...” (Ecclesiastes 10:19)

“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…” (Proverbs 17:22)

:Thumbsup:
Yeah, I didn't see that the article specified an amount that was drank to promote gut bacteria. Maybe they meant in alcoholics that drink daily or something?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God give Devin clarity to know without a doubt whether he needs the enzymes or not and if so make it clear that they will be helpful in the long term, In Jesus Name, Amen

Devin, enzymes help to absorb your food and prevent mal absorption. I need prayers for this as well as I have a pancreatic problem with 2 stones that are in a place that are inoperable, so they gave me enzymes and it seems like one doctor tells me to take them, while another tells me I don't need them, so please pray that I will also have clarity? Thanks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God give Devin clarity to know without a doubt whether he needs the enzymes or not and if so make it clear that they will be helpful in the long term, In Jesus Name, Amen

Devin, enzymes help to absorb your food and prevent mal absorption. I need prayers for this as well as I have a pancreatic problem with 2 stones that are in a place that are inoperable, so they gave me enzymes and it seems like one doctor tells me to take them, while another tells me I don't need them, so please pray that I will also have clarity? Thanks
Thanks Dosia!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God's having a two-for-the-price-of-one special on prayers today, so I'll pray for both you and Dev.

(Maybe I shouldn't be so irreverent just before I ask God for a favor.)

• Haha
Reactions: Dosia and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's having a two-for-the-price-of-one special on prayers today, so I'll pray for both you and Dev.

(Maybe I shouldn't be so irreverent just before I ask God for a favor.)
Thank you!

Reactions: Dosia