can i take notes when i study the bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if that's the case then why can't i make sense of anything.
God loving you doesn't depend on you understanding everything (or anything, for that matter).

As to helping the confusion: I honestly suspect information overload here. You're trying to take in too much and just start running marathons. Don't expect so much of yourself unrealistically. Take a deep breath, a step back, and don't try to do/learn/be so much at once.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I am sure that Sean is all good and well confused now.
Without a doubt. Lots of help from people but the whole thing presented here would be confusing for sure to anyone, never mind someone really new or young in the things of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't look 70 in that picture. The man in the picture looks more like he is in his late 30's.

I'm going to drop my beef with you now, @Willie T. It started when you implied that the love of God that I said I felt toward someone wasn't real. That was an insult to my character, and your way of implying that I am less than honest.

In Proverbs it says to answer a fool according to his folly lest he be wise in his own eyes, but to not answer a fool according to his folly lest you become like him. I chose to become like the fool here because if someone is wise in their own eyes there is more hope for a fool than for them. And love would dictate that I become like the fool rather than keep an image of being wise.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if that's the case then why can't i make sense of anything.
Don't try so hard. As someone already said, just start with trying to accept that God loves you. Baby steps are how everyone must go toward God no matter how old they may be physically.

God loves you.

Think on that only every day for several days until Monday as was suggested already. Then if you are still here and are interested perhaps we can take another step.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, it's "knee!"??? Gee, I've had that saying all wrong for more than 60 years. :eek:

Oh my goodness...I just Googled it...LOL
It is just as well that I misquoted it!!
........LaughingSmiley.gif

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't look 70 in that picture. The man in the picture looks more like he is in his late 30's.

I'm going to drop my beef with you now, @Willie T. It started when you implied that the love of God that I said I felt toward someone wasn't real. That was an insult to my character, and your way of implying that I am less than honest.

In Proverbs it says to answer a fool according to his folly lest he be wise in his own eyes, but to not answer a fool according to his folly lest you become like him. I chose to become like the fool here because if someone is wise in their own eyes there is more hope for a fool than for them. And love would dictate that I become like the fool rather than keep an image of being wise.
I know you said something about my very first post to you, but you never said what post that was, and I have no clue what you are talking about.

I would really appreciate you posting a link to that post.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll try to find it...and give you thread name, page #, and post #. I'm not sure I know how to establish a link to specific posts.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll try to find it...and give you thread name, page #, and post #. I'm not sure I know how to establish a link to specific posts.
You just put your mouse cursor on the number of the post (right hand top) and COPY SHORTCUT the "Permalink." Then PASTE the "Permalink" here.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is the point anymore posts #66 to #72,

and,

Why do gals and guys care if I find God? #5 and #7.

Sorry, forgot to note the page #.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And btw, I didn't tell some kid I loved him because I was ordered to by God. I told him that because it was what he needed to hear. It seemed to me that he may have even been on the verge of suicide (and for all you know that was exactly the situation). And I also told him that because that is what is in my heart toward everyone since I became a Christian: my personal testimony is that when I received the Lord I had a powerful impartation of the love of God that came down on me in waves of liquid love (similar to what happened with Charles Finney). It was inexpressible joy, a peace that passes all understanding, and the lifting of a very heavy weight off of my shoulders.