Can Jesus and Paul be reconciled on the LAW?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I can read that verse and see Peter even telling you the same as I have...

"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

Let me ask you oh thirsty one.
Was Peter ever told to love his enemies?
Your hanging your whole belief system on one verse which you have interpreted as proof Paul should be followed.
What did Jesus (related in John' account) show you where Peter would end up going?

No, you haven't been telling me the same thing as Peter has. You have been lying about Paul which Peter does not. I agree with Peter. Just as I agree with Paul. You don't agree with Paul, so now you must not agree with Peter also.

I have the account of Paul's conversion in the book of (Acts) as well as his complete ministry by the Holy Spirit. Paul didn't write (Acts). Luke did. Which is why you avoid my question. Are the writings of Luke inspired by God and Scripture. Your bible is shrinking. But it doesn't really matter as it didn't do you any good any way.

Is the book of John the Word of God, inspired by God? Just what do you consider to be Scripture, the Word of God, in the Bible?

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thats right, first you need to claim authority on who wrote Acts...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats right, first you need to claim authority on who wrote Acts...

God is the Author of Luke's writings. Luke is the writer.

Do you disagree that the book of (Acts) is inspired by God and Scripture?

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Was Peter ever told to love his enemies?

What did Jesus (related in John' account) show you where Peter would end up going?

Did John relate Peter feeding Jesus flock as he was asked 3 times?

God is the Author of Luke's writings. Luke is the writer.

Do you disagree that the book of (Acts) is inspired by God and Scripture?

Stranger

Now your saying God is the author.

Please make your mind up.

You added the part in above for Pauls ministry being guided by the Holy Spirit which you still need to provide an answer to.

You like pointing the gun and going off half cocked.

We all know you have only the accounts that cleave to Paul to offer as proof that Paul was guided by the Holy Spirit. Which is still on account of his own single witness testimony.
Keep going....

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your questions have no significance if you cannot tell me which writings in the Bible are Scripture. Which are inspired by God? You and I both know you don't believe any of them are inspired by God. Which is why you never answer the questions.

God is the Author of every book in the Bible. The human writers were inspired by His Spirit to write. Just like Paul said in (2 Tim. 3:16). Which you don't believe.

So, again, what writings in the Bible do you consider Scripture? Is (Luke) Scripture? (Peter)? (Acts)? (John)? Why do you wear that Christian tag?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You added the part in above for Pauls ministry being guided by the Holy Spirit which you still need to provide an answer to.

You like pointing the gun and going off half cocked.

We all know you have only the accounts that cleave to Paul to offer as proof that Paul was guided by the Holy Spirit. Which is still on account of his own single witness testimony.
Keep going....

(Acts 13:2-4) "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Soul for the work whereunto I have called them. And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus."

Note, in case you missed it, "the Holy Ghost said" and "sent forth by the Holy Ghost".

What writings in the Bible do you consider to be Scripture, the inspired Word of God?

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your questions have no significance if you cannot tell me which writings in the Bible are Scripture. Which are inspired by God? You and I both know you don't believe any of them are inspired by God. Which is why you never answer the questions.

God is the Author of every book in the Bible. The human writers were inspired by His Spirit to write. Just like Paul said in (2 Tim. 3:16). Which you don't believe.

So, again, what writings in the Bible do you consider Scripture? Is (Luke) Scripture? (Peter)? (Acts)? (John)? Why do you wear that Christian tag?

Stranger
Yet you have to automatically believe God threw all his own previous works away that were not deemed of the Holy Spirit then, so you are made to answer your own question regarding what is scripture.

You actually quote very little of Jesus' direct teachings, that is evidence enough to put doubt (if your previous lie did not already) in my mind at least that you exhalt the lipservice to Paul from the others without fully understanding what Jesus taught the apostles about other influences that would be already be infiltrating the early church.

So basically you rely on Constantines choice of what you believe is bonafide scripture.
Is that why you avoid answering any of my questions (pointblank ignore) and feel the need to push on with Paul?
Its a fair question.

You debating technique is as follows: ask only 1 question over and over which you even answer by your own single testimony but answer to none.
If you cannot even answer my very simple questions then am I to think your just another browbeater?
That is a fair evaluation too.

You still avoid why John left Peters rebuke in his book if it has no significance then why explain to the reader where Peter would end up? You seem to be happy to focus on Paul but you offer nothing of the Paul' alleged teacher Jesus. Why is that?

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you have to automatically believe God threw all his own previous works away that were not deemed of the Holy Spirit then, so you are made to answer your own question regarding what is scripture.

You actually quote very little of Jesus' direct teachings, that is evidence enough to put doubt (if your previous lie did not already) in my mind at least that you exhalt the lipservice to Paul from the others without fully understanding what Jesus taught the apostles about other influences that would be already be infiltrating the early church.

So basically you rely on Constantines choice of what you believe is bonafide scripture.
Is that why you avoid answering any of my questions (pointblank ignore) and feel the need to push on with Paul?
Its a fair question.

I have already told you. I believe every book in the Bible is Scripture, the inspired Word of God. No big secret with me. But you refuse to answer my question to you. What books in the Bible do you consider as Scripture, the inspired Word of God?

Simple question we both know the answer to. But it is important that others see the snake under the rock also.

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have already told you. I believe every book in the Bible is Scripture, the inspired Word of God. No big secret with me. But you refuse to answer my question to you. What books in the Bible do you consider as Scripture, the inspired Word of God?

Simple question we both know the answer to. But it is important that others see the snake under the rock also.

Stranger
I do not believe Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit but a totally different spirit. The biblical scenario clearly shows a dubious account when checked against John and Jesus.
To believe Paul you have to reject the teachings (in this case the witness testimony of 2 or more and how Jesus will be revealed to the world), his rebukes (of Pauls pal Peter) and more importantly the warnings regarding the early church.
What part of that do I need to keep repeating.
Snake? Or liar?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit but a totally different spirit. The biblical account clearly shows a dubious account when checked against John and Jesus.
What part of that do I need to keep repeating.
Snake? Or liar?

That you don't believe Paul's writings are Scripture is already known. My question concerns the rest of the Bible, which you know and refuse to answer.

What writings, or books, in the Bible do you consider to be Scripture, the inspired Word of God?

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have already answered that multiple times using your own words to denote my actions or beliefs as you were guided to to see fit. You have already judged me also and my beliefs. Your freewill in action (word and deed) It does not make you right though.
Do not add to your cup false witness.
I believe Jesus spoke the truth....their are my beliefs right there!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have already answered that multiple times for me (using your own words to denote my actions or beliefs as you were guided to).
Add to your cup false witness.

Well, if I am a false witness then answer the question and prove me wrong. What writings in the Bible do you consider to be Scripture, the inspired Word of God?

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You said it all was guided by the same spirit (including Pauls account).
I do not wish to take part in that sin.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said it all was guided by the same spirit (including Pauls account).
I do not wish to take part in that sin.

That is not the question. Which books of the Bible do you consider to be Scripture, the inspired Word of God?

You said I was a false witness in my estimation of what you believe. Prove it. You have the opportunity.

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is not the question. Which books of the Bible do you consider to be Scripture, the inspired Word of God?

You said I was a false witness in my estimation of what you believe. Prove it. You have the opportunity.

Stranger

Ok.

You say Paul is guided by the Holy Spirit.
So you witness for Paul.

I say Paul was guided by the angel of light, on account of his own words and the testimony falling short as prescribed by Jesus.

Can you show your witness testimony matching that given in scripture by the God of Abraham and Jesus for Paul?

You said Peter does and so does Luke on account of scripture but then you corrected yourself saying these apostles just wrote it down for God as the author. Neither Peter or Luke were on the road to Damascus with Saul otherwise it would of been there to inspire the readers on that course of study.

You also told me Saul saw Jesus but since Saul tells us he was blinded and could only hear a voice speak you had to assert quickly that is the same as seeing him come in the flesh or that he somehow saw Jesus' voice.

When given the oportunity to account for the others alleged to of been with Saul at this event they were deemed either blind or deaf.
So that still leaves Saul lacking while your happy to witness past this point.

You testify and witness for this account while it still requires more witness testimony.

Pauls account is thus a False account of an event. Hence I cannot witness for that event...everything Paul wrote came after this event so Where does Peter or Luke personaly testify this EVENT for Paul?

And that is before you judged me personally too.
Purely because if my beliefs in Jesus teachings

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok.

You say Paul is guided by the Holy Spirit.
So you witness for Paul.

I say Paul was guided by the angel of light, on account of his own words and the testimony falling short as prescribed by Jesus.

Can you show your witness testimony matching that given in scripture by the God of Abraham and Jesus for Paul?

You said Peter does and so does Luke on account of scripture but then you corrected yourself saying these apostles just wrote it down for God as the author.

You also told me Saul saw Jesus but since Saul tells us he was blinded and could only hear a voice speak you had to assert quickly that is the same as seeing him in the flesh or that he somehow saw Jesus' voice.

When given the oportunity to account the others alleged to of been with Saul at this event they were deemed either blind or deaf.
So that still leaves Saul lacking.

You testify and witness for this account while it still requires more witness testimony.

False account of an event.

And that is before you judged me personally too.

You didn't answer the question. Which books in the Bible do you consider Scripture and the inspired Word of God?

I have always said all of the Bible is the inspired Word of God and Scripture. No secret there.

My judgement of you personally is true. You are a witness to that.

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You didn't answer the question. Which books in the Bible do you consider Scripture and the inspired Word of God?

I have always said all of the Bible is the inspired Word of God and Scripture. No secret there.

My judgement of you personally is true. You are a witness to that.

Stranger
Alas if it is all inspired then it follows it is all up for correction also, only you are unabel to witness for Paul properly. I don't care how you percieve me because you are not qualified to judge me in the same way Jesus will. So you can add as much as you like to what you are already the owner of.

This snake sent you tumbling backwards!

...straight back to Sauls erroneous event that you then understandably are left needing to immediately pass from, to even have any foundational reasoning.
Difficult to answer huh.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alas if it is all inspired then it follows it is all up for correction also, only you are unabel to witness for Paul properly. I don't care how you percieve me because you are not qualified to judge me in the same way Jesus will. So you can add as much as you like to what you are already the owner of.
This snake sent you tumbling backwards!

Again, you refuse to answer my questions. What books of the Bible do you consider Scripture and the inspired Word of God?

You come here claiming Paul writings are not Scripture. Which means you have to deny Peters writings as not Scripture, and Luke's, etc. etc.

The fact that you claim Paul's writings are not Scripture means you recognize a body of Scripture, as you want to separate Paul's writings from it.

Yet you refuse to give the books you believe are Scripture? Why? Because you don't believe any of them are Scripture. Your effort is not to just attack the writings of Paul, but the whole of Scripture.

Believe me, here in Texas I have had plenty of dealings with snakes. Literally and figuratively. The same is true for both, you first have to reveal them as they try and blend in as best they can. Why do you wear the tag as Christian?

Stranger

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which means you have to deny Peters writings as not Scripture, and Luke's, etc. etc.
And there you go again....
You are still no further from answering for Paul' false testimony (the event all of your Paulinist sophistry hangs upon).
You cannot and will not answer for that key point in this debate, so you have to point the gun instead of go far off ahead galloping to Peter. You consistantly miss the point of John making Peters choice of friends known through Jesus.

Why not just say "you believe" or "I have faith in" Pauls account, but you assume Paul to be correct due to Luke who paid Peter to pay Paul.
Your whole argument has no foundation, none. Zero.

You are simply still blinded by Pauls angel of light and deaf to Gods commands, Jesus' teaching of proper witness testimony (and the Prophets and apostolic warnings).

You have simply failed to answer to a basic method given in scripture to test ALL those who come in his name!

Failed.

...." what books of the bible ..

What atoms of air do you breath by discounting all the rest of air around you type argument...

You failed.

Last edited: