Can men with man buns be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the Day...

I remember having a chip on my shoulder with my long Hippie hair, believing that "Someone should not discriminate against me, but hire me on my qualifications..."

When I look back at it now, I am surprised that anyone hired me at all! A staunch individuality actually holds people back; though they may not see it. The good thing with a man-bun, is that it can be remedied easily. Tattoos and Piercings cannot. One place I worked was dealing with the public. The boss hired one kid with piercings all over his face (described as looking like he fell face-forward into a tackle box)! The condition of employment was that he could not wear the "hardware" while working. One girl had the condition of having a normal hair color... not purple. This business deals with people, and it is fair to determine what face represents your company.

I have seen girls and guys with bright pink hair at restaurants. Most of the time they are relegated to the kitchen... for a reason! People do make judgements on these things whether we like it or not. Even in Church, I know that I have not been offered to do certain things because I do not wear suits and ties. While over time, these barriers are easing up and being accepted, but they are truly barriers now.

The people with neck and face tattoos, or large sagging earlobes with huge gauges in them, are not the people most businesses and organizations want to be their "Face" to the public.

I do not judge anyone's salvation on tattoos, piercings, haircuts or man-buns... but I do question their judgement in all things, based upon what I see as bad judgement in their personal appearance. I do not say that this is fair, but it is a reality of life; you will be judged by your appearance... even in Church.

On a quick side-note... I had one teenager ask for an application for employment. He was wearing a t-shirt that said... "Does not Play Well with Others" :) When I handed it to the boss, I gave my non-recommend!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suppose if one were to wear a cross around his man bun, he could also be saved.

Only if the hairstyle is predestined to be. You could limit that atonement to having one or the other. Unless one is irresistible. But then that would be unmerited.

Reactions: amadeus

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I suppose if one were to wear a cross around his man bun, he could also be saved.

So r u from QLD or???
I know some people that go for the Lions cos they were Fitzroy Lions supporters. Same with the Swans as they were Sth Melbourne

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So r u from QLD or???
I know some people that go for the Lions cos they were Fitzroy Lions supporters. Same with the Swans as they were Sth Melbourne

Nah I live in VIC, I go for Lions because Collingwood lost in 2003 GF. ;)

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the Day...

I remember having a chip on my shoulder with my long Hippie hair, believing that "Someone should not discriminate against me, but hire me on my qualifications..."

When I look back at it now, I am surprised that anyone hired me at all! A staunch individuality actually holds people back; though they may not see it. The good thing with a man-bun, is that it can be remedied easily. Tattoos and Piercings cannot. One place I worked was dealing with the public. The boss hired one kid with piercings all over his face (described as looking like he fell face-forward into a tackle box)! The condition of employment was that he could not wear the "hardware" while working. One girl had the condition of having a normal hair color... not purple. This business deals with people, and it is fair to determine what face represents your company.

I have seen girls and guys with bright pink hair at restaurants. Most of the time they are relegated to the kitchen... for a reason! People do make judgements on these things whether we like it or not. Even in Church, I know that I have not been offered to do certain things because I do not wear suits and ties. While over time, these barriers are easing up and being accepted, but they are truly barriers now.

The people with neck and face tattoos, or large sagging earlobes with huge gauges in them, are not the people most businesses and organizations want to be their "Face" to the public.

I do not judge anyone's salvation on tattoos, piercings, haircuts or man-buns... but I do question their judgement in all things, based upon what I see as bad judgement in their personal appearance. I do not say that this is fair, but it is a reality of life; you will be judged by your appearance... even in Church.

On a quick side-note... I had one teenager ask for an application for employment. He was wearing a t-shirt that said... "Does not Play Well with Others" :) When I handed it to the boss, I gave my non-recommend!
I feel the same way about a lot of clothing. No one with their pants pulled down past their butt ever got hired by me..... and I didn't even deal directly with the public. However, the best Labor Foreman I ever hired was a big, tough butch lesbian.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

No way, did u really... And they lost to the Lions from memory... C'mon mate
U can't do that unless u were a kid

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the Day...

I agree. Nobody is born with a man bun. That is something that people get "wrapped up" in later in life. This can lead to many problems...just like having a mullet. These are things that you can grow out of...and change. But hey there are some things that you CANNOT change.

You can't change ugly.

You can't declare war on terror.

You can't not use a double negative.

Reactions: Willie T

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I did exactly the same thing too. Hahaha
I live in Melbourne as well.
Was a Bombers supporter but switched to Hawks when they beat them in the granny in the early 80s

Reactions: Josho

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I do not dress up for Church. One Church I was a member of would not let me up to the podium unless I wore a suit and tie. They even offered to take me to Goodwill to get a suit! (I was insulted).

I am horribly uncomfortable in a noose... I mean a "tie." When I wear a suit I am self-conscious, uncomfortable, and distracted. I get little or nothing out of the service or event that I am at. I also feel that I am somehow trying to be above those who are not as fully decked out.

I went to one Church and never once wore a tie or a suit, but wore blue-jeans and a polo shirt. Personally, I thought that I was placing people at ease around me. During the time I was there, they offered participation in all forms of ministry. When I had to leave because of moving, people came forward and said how much they appreciated my work in the Church, yet one persons said, "When you came to our Church and sat down wearing blue-jeans, I felt intimidated because you did not act like you needed to fit in at all!" I was shocked... my choice of dress that I thought was "welcoming" was called "intimidating"! Three years living there, and no one ever told me!

Reactions: Josho and Willie T

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not know what man buns were until I read this thread. My spell checker also wanted to call them man burns. What Donald Trump would look like with man buns....

donald-trump-man-bun.jpg