Can men with man buns be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys take baths? I don't think I have had a bath in thirty years.
I remember when I lived in a student dormitory [1969-1970] in West Berlin being teased by the other 9 students in the dorm because I took a shower every day. I was the only American in residence. They told me sincerely it unhealthy to wash so frequently.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when I lived in a student dormitory [1969-1970] in West Berlin being teased by the other 9 students in the dorm because I took a shower every day. I was the only American in residence. They told me sincerely it unhealthy to wash so frequently.
That explains a LOT, especially after riding on some of the subway systems in Europe . . .

Reactions: amadeus

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So can men with man buns be saved?

I personally have never have had a man bun hairstyle, should I grow my hair longer and get the bun? Apparently they are a popular thing of my generation.

You probably get discounts at the coffee shop too with the bun!

;)
only if they wear a checkered bow tie along with the bun.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That explains a LOT, especially after riding on some of the subway systems in Europe . . .
While I was there I read an article in one of their own magazines about the high number of active duty German soldiers who never washed their underwear. Every couple of weeks they would throw away the old and put on new ones. I never saw or smelled it that bad in my dormitory but there were only a couple of Germans in residence and they were students, not soldiers.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not know what man buns were until I read this thread. My spell checker also wanted to call them man burns. What Donald Trump would look like with man buns....

donald-trump-man-bun.jpg

:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

Oh look at the Donald with the man bun... LoL, he looks hilarious... Great find

Reactions: rockytopva

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I was there I read an article in one of their own magazines about the high number of active duty German soldiers who never washed their underwear. Every couple of weeks they would throw away the old and put on new ones. I never saw or smelled it that bad in my dormitory but there were only a couple of Germans in residence and they were students, not soldiers.
I also read a study on how often men in different cultures change their pants, etc. - and it was pretty horrifying, to say the least . . .

Once again - it got pretty tacky in that subway!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Really, that's interesting... Has anyone heard of an "English shower" or is it just an Aussie thing?

Its when you use aftershave to try and mask the stench that is coming from your arm pits instead of bathing
I don't know why it's called an English shower but

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

There you go. Germans, great footballers and engineers. Poor hygiene

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also read a study on how often men in different cultures change their pants, etc. - and it was pretty horrifying, to say the least . . .

Once again - it got pretty tacky in that subway!
Maybe I am only a spoiled American. When I was in the army [U.S.] in Viet Nam and in the Dominican Republic, because of circumstances I had to miss regular showers. I realized how important they were to me.

When I spent the night in the shack of a Mexican acquaintance in Mexico City I purposely skipped using their shower which was located nearly 50 yards away, a community thing. He had a wife and an infant living in that one room shack made of corrugated iron attached to wooden posts [no insulation or paint]. I slept on their straw mattress covered with a single sheet. That kind of experience makes me really thank God all the more for the blessing of being born in this country. I was young then and it bothered me. As an old man I probably could not live long under such conditions.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, that's interesting... Has anyone heard of an "English shower" or is it just an Aussie thing?

Its when you use aftershave to try and mask the stench that is coming from your arm pits instead of bathing
I don't know why it's called an English shower but
I remember when no bathing facilities were available using after shave like that. It doesn't work very well.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe I am only a spoiled American. When I was in the army [U.S.] in Viet Nam and in the Dominican Republic, because of circumstances I had to miss regular showers. I realized how important they were to me.

When I spent the night in the shack of a Mexican acquaintance in Mexico City I purposely skipped using their shower which was located nearly 50 yards away, a community thing. He had a wife and an infant living in that one room shack made of corrugated iron attached to wooden posts [no insulation or paint]. I slept on their straw mattress covered with a single sheet. That kind of experience makes me really thank God all the more for the blessing of being born in this country. I was young then and it bothered me. As an old man I probably could not live long under such conditions.

I love hearing about how life was like before me.
Pleasure meeting u Mr @amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love hearing about how life was like before me.
Pleasure meeting u Mr @amadeus
Likewise! Nice to meet you!

I grew up in a different world, but filled with people very much like they are today. When I went to work for the Social Security Administration, USA, I had to do a lot of math on the job. We had an unlimited supply of paper and pencils to do it, but Uncle Sam provided us with not even a hand calculator. Lots of long hand multiplication and division. From paper & pencil we moved up to adding machines, then to electronic calculators, and finally to computers before I retired in the year 2000. Before I retired I was doing the entire interview for retiring people on that computer. But, in spite of promises, the amount of paper used, increased rather than decreased.

I also used to write some lengthy eligibility decisions using a mechanical typewriter. We had clerk-typists who would type up a neat final draft using carbon paper for multiple copies. Later they switched over to electric typewriters and then to word processors. When computers came all of the clerk-typist positions were eliminated.

Time has passed, but man is still the same fallible creature he has always been. Some things remain the same in spite of technology.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I said, I do not dress up for Church. One Church I was a member of would not let me up to the podium unless I wore a suit and tie. They even offered to take me to Goodwill to get a suit! (I was insulted).

I am horribly uncomfortable in a noose... I mean a "tie." When I wear a suit I am self-conscious, uncomfortable, and distracted. I get little or nothing out of the service or event that I am at. I also feel that I am somehow trying to be above those who are not as fully decked out.

I went to one Church and never once wore a tie or a suit, but wore blue-jeans and a polo shirt. Personally, I thought that I was placing people at ease around me. During the time I was there, they offered participation in all forms of ministry. When I had to leave because of moving, people came forward and said how much they appreciated my work in the Church, yet one persons said, "When you came to our Church and sat down wearing blue-jeans, I felt intimidated because you did not act like you needed to fit in at all!" I was shocked... my choice of dress that I thought was "welcoming" was called "intimidating"! Three years living there, and no one ever told me!

I wonder what would have happened if a man with a man bun went to one of those churches in a suit and tie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Candidus

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worship with all kinds of people, dressed in any thing from suits to ripped jeans. It's not an issue. In churches where it is an issue, there tends to be a great deal of judgement about how one chooses to dress. I'm very over that these days.

Reactions: Josho and mjrhealth

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So can men with man buns be saved?

I personally have never have had a man bun hairstyle, should I grow my hair longer and get the bun? Apparently they are a popular thing of my generation.

You probably get discounts at the coffee shop too with the bun!

;)
Saved from what, ridicule and mockery?
Never!!!!

Reactions: Candidus