Can men with man buns be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what would have if a man with a man bun went to one of those churches in a suit and tie.
:) … I would like to see it too. Kind of like the song "Signs" where it says that "Long Haired Hippie People need not apply..." So I tucked my hair up under my hat...

Reactions: Josho

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the actual man bun will be saved.....the man is toast

Reactions: Willie T

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So

@Willie T @Candidus @Cristo Rei

If you couldn't go to the barber for an entire year and you did not have a pair of scissors, but had an elastic hair band, would you consider a man bun to keep hair out of your eyes?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Likewise! Nice to meet you!

I grew up in a different world, but filled with people very much like they are today. When I went to work for the Social Security Administration, USA, I had to do a lot of math on the job. We had an unlimited supply of paper and pencils to do it, but Uncle Sam provided us with not even a hand calculator. Lots of long hand multiplication and division. From paper & pencil we moved up to adding machines, then to electronic calculators, and finally to computers before I retired in the year 2000. Before I retired I was doing the entire interview for retiring people on that computer. But, in spite of promises, the amount of paper used, increased rather than decreased.

I also used to write some lengthy eligibility decisions using a mechanical typewriter. We had clerk-typists who would type up a neat final draft using carbon paper for multiple copies. Later they switched over to electric typewriters and then to word processors. When computers came all of the clerk-typist positions were eliminated.

Time has passed, but man is still the same fallible creature he has always been. Some things remain the same in spite of technology.

I've got to say i read that with a smile on my face.
When I got up this morning what came to mind was how your German room mates would tell you that bathing too much was unhealthy
I don't know why that came to mind. A good story gets file away in my filing cabinet, LoL, remember them

Typewriters. I'm only just old enough to have actually played with one. No delete button so don't mess up. Liquid paper was your only saviour.

Mathematics. Being in engineering I love maths. Its like a universal language of truth. 1+2=3 anywhere any time
I cannot fathom doing it without a calculator. How people like Newton and Einstein were able to work the numbers like they did boggles my mind

Were u born and raised in the USA? Whats up with the imperial system mate? Why don't u guys use metric? Its so much easier.
I often have to re draft pages of drawings, change it all to fractions and multiply it by 25.4 to get it in millimetres.
Actually I shouldn't complain. It's providing employment. Thanks Uncle Sam

But ye some things remain the same like 1+2=3 God is the master mathematician. Mans knowledge and understanding of the observable has become better but has only really revealed how limited our knowledge really is.

In astrophysics they were talking like they were on the verge of calculating the universe, some of them were even claiming "finding God" .
What did they find... The found that the universe is incalculable. LoL. It still makes me laugh. Its like, here we have found God, "he is behind this door". And they open the door only to find more space and starts...

In high school i was taught that the cell was a blob with 2 or 3 other blobs in it. They thought they could unlock the secrets of life if they could just get better microscopes. When the microscopes arrived they found this...

The complexity involved in a cell is totally mind blowing. There is nothing random about any of it.
The wonder of God

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've got to say i read that with a smile on my face.
When I got up this morning what came to mind was how your German room mates would tell you that bathing too much was unhealthy
I don't know why that came to mind. A good story gets file away in my filing cabinet, LoL, remember them

Typewriters. I'm only just old enough to have actually played with one. No delete button so don't mess up. Liquid paper was your only saviour.

Mathematics. Being in engineering I love maths. Its like a universal language of truth. 1+2=3 anywhere any time
I cannot fathom doing it without a calculator. How people like Newton and Einstein were able to work the numbers like they did boggles my mind

Were u born and raised in the USA? Whats up with the imperial system mate? Why don't u guys use metric? Its so much easier.
I often have to re draft pages of drawings, change it all to fractions and multiply it by 25.4 to get it in millimetres.
Actually I shouldn't complain. It's providing employment. Thanks Uncle Sam

But ye some things remain the same like 1+2=3 God is the master mathematician. Mans knowledge and understanding of the observable has become better but has only really revealed how limited our knowledge really is.

In astrophysics they were talking like they were on the verge of calculating the universe, some of them were even claiming "finding God" .
What did they find... The found that the universe is incalculable. LoL. It still makes me laugh. Its like, here we have found God, "he is behind this door". And they open the door only to find more space and starts...

In high school i was taught that the cell was a blob with 2 or 3 other blobs in it. They thought they could unlock the secrets of life if they could just get better microscopes. When the microscopes arrived they found this...

The complexity involved in a cell is totally mind blowing. There is nothing random about any of it.
The wonder of God

I do use imperial measurements sometimes, as when you are working in inches you are dealing with much smaller numbers.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I personally have never have had a man bun hairstyle, should I grow my hair longer and get the bun?

So looks like the majority of people are saying or suggesting "Don't do it!" :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So can men with man buns be saved?

I personally have never have had a man bun hairstyle, should I grow my hair longer and get the bun? Apparently they are a popular thing of my generation.

You probably get discounts at the coffee shop too with the bun!

;)
In Numbers 6, both men and women - it clearly says both - who had a Nazarite vow had to let their hair grow long, during the duration of the vow, and then they had to shave their heads at the end.

Paul at Cenchrea shaved his head. Some commentators say that it was likely Aquila - according to the Greek grammar - that shaved his head at Cenchrea. One NT manuscript even says that it was Priscilla that shaved her head at Cenchrea. Though it was likely Paul who did.

But even if it had been Priscilla who shaved her head, this would have been perfectly Scriptural in terms of Numbers 6.

So in terms of these matters of hair and so forth, while yes there are general differences between men and women, yet the individual matters and circumstances of a man or a woman's hair should be seen as a personal responsibility and not for others to get too involved with.

Scripture itself sanctions the growth of man's hair long in certain circumstances, and indeed the shaving of a woman's hair.

So to talk about it all in terms of whether the person can be saved, is not relevant.

Reactions: Josho