Can the Soul Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think some Christians truly understand the SIGNIFICANCE of the Blood of Christ... it is the most PRECIOUS and costly thing.
Those who have refused it have committed the unforgivable sin. It has NOTHING to do with being good and doing good as so many think...
It has EVERYTHING to do with Christ's BLOOD...

I don't think I have ever heard someone state before that they believe hell is only temporary... This is not the penal system... Get out of jail free card...or do your 20 years and then freedom... THE STAKES are HIGH... and people don't seem to want to believe the permanency of the end result.

As long as I have been a Christian... I have understood this... but it is only RECENTLY that I have come to see... feel and know the absolute SACREDNESS of Christ's blood. I have NO problem with the end result... and I do believe it is for eternity.

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think some Christians truly understand the SIGNIFICANCE of the Blood of Christ... it is the most PRECIOUS and costly thing.
Those who have refused it have committed the unforgivable sin. It has NOTHING to do with being good and doing good as so many think...
It has EVERYTHING to do with Christ's BLOOD...

I don't think I have ever heard someone state before that they believe hell is only temporary... This is not the penal system... Get out of jail free card...or do your 20 years and then freedom... THE STAKES are HIGH... and people don't seem to want to believe the permanency of the end result.

As long as I have been a Christian... I have understood this... but it is only RECENTLY that I have come to see... feel and know the absolute SACREDNESS of Christ's blood. I have NO problem with the end result... and I do believe it is for eternity.
@Addy The very idea of a supposedly temporary hell is not Biblical - whatever else it may be that some ppl may want to or find it convenient to believe.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and not significantly different than when people were boiled in oil or burnt at the stake. They had "anguish" too (and weeping and wailing) but it came to a final end.
Nowhere in scripture does it expressly or explicitly say that the eternal punishment ends. In fact, it would be a contradiction to say eternal punishment has a final ending. God does not contradict HIMSELF in HIS Word.

Reactions: farouk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets have some

These show they relate to different kinds of death.

Ephesians 2:1-5 KJV
1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

1 Samuel 28:11-15 KJV
11) Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.
12) And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.
13) And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
14) And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
15) And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

Revelation 20:11-15 KJV
11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Much love!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The very idea of a supposedly temporary hell is not Biblical - whatever else it may be that some ppl may want to or find it convenient to believe.
This is a first for me... I have NEVER heard the topic of hell debated before... I simply thought everyone understood and believed that both heaven and hell are permanent... obviously I was wrong.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rich man called out “I am in anguish in this flame” (Luke 16:24).
Let us also read revelation chapter twenty . JESUS returns , both the FP and beast are cast alive into the lake of fire
and satan is bound for a thousand years . Now after the thousand years satan again is released
but soon is stopped and cast also into the lake of fire , WHERE ALSO BOTH THE FP AND BEAST STILL ARE , ROASTING ALIVE .
THAT chapter makes it very clear . It aint poof ya gone . ITS total torment for all who go to the lake o fire .
JESUS ALONE is the only hope .
YOu do know what the problem is . Most folks have this messed up version of GOD already planted into their hearts .
THEY can say HE is love and yet the Love they preach contradicts HIM . GOD IS LOVE , BUT HIS LOVE wont contradict HIS TRUTH .
Nor His judgments . ALL of the judgments of GOD are righteous .
SO they go about thinking God is love , so there is no way this God of love could ever punish folks like that .
BUT THEY MISS THE TRUE LOVE OF GOD . HE SENT JESUS , SO THAT ALL WHO WOULD BELIEVE could be spared
from HIS OWN RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT of the lake of fire .
GOD is RIGHTEOUS and HE CANNOT DENY that which is RIGHTEOUS . ALL of HIS JUDGMENTS ARE RIGHTEOUS .
YET GOD IS LOVE TOO . SO HE MADE THE WAY OUT . IF folks want to preach the LOVE of GOD , PREACH JESUS
but DONT PREACH a false love which says , OH GOD wont do , WHAT HE ALREADY SAID HE WOULD DO .

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These show they relate to different kinds of death.

And they all have the same definition of death and none of them represent these "dead" who were yet awake as you stated earlier.

Even the witch at Endor didn't talk to the dead- she talked to the spirit (necromancy)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Too much knowledge... and not enough humility... therefore lacking in wisdom.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't effect me that you're an arrogant prideful person (although I wish you weren't), but it should matter to you: you have no idea when God will require your soul. And then the judgment.
This very night the soul could be required . yes indeed . Let us cling to Christ and continue to learn our bibles well .
HOPE in the GLORIOUS LORD JESUS CHRIST . And loving every word He ever said . every Word of truth
is as honey to the taste of a lamb and it always will work good to the hearer and the doer . And lambs are hearers and doers .
FOR We are His workman ship created unto Good works . THE LORD is with the lambs . Let all that has breath praise
the glorious Lord . And keep reminding all about JESUS sayings and all things the apostels later taught . Keep feasting
on the bible and continue to point to Christ . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .