Can the Soul Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eternal conscious punishment

No, that's incorrect.

The wages of sin ( and the lake of fire) is death (cessation of all existence)

To have an "eternal conscious punishment" would mean they have "eternal life" (living in a state of punishment) and that's not anywhere near what Scripture says.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an abominable heresy in that it assigns to God the most despicable of characters that sinful man can devise... Never ending torture. Anyone who believes that their God would even contemplate such a thing, have not asked Him His plans, but have believed Satan's lie that sinners don't really die
KJV Genesis 3:4, and have blindly accepted the Catholic medieval fable designed to scare the ignorant into the church. There are several Catholic Antichrist dogmas that Protestantism inherited... Eternal torment should have been the first to go.

Where?

You genuinely believe someone deserves to suffer in fire without end? How many in your family are not believers? What have they done in their short life to deserve eternal torment?

The only injustice is your mischaracterisation of who God is.
I have witnessed to family, friends, neighbors, strangers, et al because I love them and I know that God wants them to repent and believe, and I know they are on a path to eternal punishment if they continue to reject God's grace offer. God will wipe away every tear, and our focus will be on HIM, always on HIM in glory.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's incorrect.

To have an "eternal conscious punishment" would mean they have "eternal life" (living in a state of punishment) and that's not anywhere near what Scripture says.
Yes, eternally separated from God and light where all they will hear is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have witnessed to family, friends, neighbors, strangers, et al because I love them and I know that God wants them to repent and believe, and I know they are on a path to eternal punishment if they continue to reject God's grace offer. God will wipe away every tear, and our focus will be on HIM, always on HIM in glory.
And your joy in glory will be full knowing, and even approving that your mother and little sister are burning without dying?

PS purely hypothetical of course...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Forever. The wages of sin is death. No resurrection.

I don't understand what your beef is... seriously... I made one comment... on someone's post... and you are not happy about it... LOL

I believe in heaven and hell... both are eternal.... I am not sure what you believe because I have not read this thread.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And your joy in glory will be full knowing, and even approving that your mother and little sister are burning without dying?
Heaven is NOT about us.... you are making this about the human... God is JUST... so yes... IF any of my loved ones or acquaintances are in eternal torment... that was their choice... I thought all Christians believed this... Why am I not surprised that this is yet another division... LOL

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's incorrect.

That depends on how you define death. The Bible speaks in many places of those who are dead, yet who still exist, and are aware.

Much love!

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PS purely hypothetical of course...
There is coming a day when all will be revealed. Until then, I'll continue reaching out to anyone who is willing to hear the gospel message that they, too, might be born again and be followers of Jesus Christ. I pray you'll do the same.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is NOT about us.... you are making this about the human... God is JUST... so yes... IF any of my loved ones or acquaintances are in eternal torment... that was their choice... I thought all Christians believed this... Why am I not surprised that this is yet another division... LOL
Exactly addy . Gods judgment is righteous regardless of the outcome .
God can make no judgment lest it IS RIGHTEOUS . He will destroy the wicked . Evil cannot be present within Him .
If folks end up in hell fire , It is THEIR own fault . And just cause folks go to lake of fire dont make GOD unjust nor His judgments unrighteous .
Evil will one day forever be destroyed . THUS the only way out of destruction , COME TO JESUS so one can be counted worthy
made righteous and justified so as they dont get the this RIGHTEOUS SENTENCE of HELLIFIRE . EVERYTHING GOD DOES IS RIGHTEOUS .
AND that is A HUGE FACT . YET IN LOVE and IN MERCY HE HAS GIVEN US THE WAY OUT OF THIS DESTRUCTION .
HIS NAME , FOR IT IS THE ONLY NAME THAT SAVES , IS JESUS CHRIST . PEROID .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is coming a day when all will be revealed. Until then, I'll continue reaching out to anyone who is willing to hear the gospel message that they, too, might be born again and be followers of Jesus Christ. I pray you'll do the same.
That is all we can do friend . ALL we can . POINT TO JESUS . For i tell us all , HE ALONE is the ONLY HOPE
THE ONLY SAVOIR , THE ONLY REDEEMER , the ONLY WAY , THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and not one soul can come
unto the FATHER , lest by HIM . THE GOSPEL IS GOOD NEWS . AND if one believes , calling upon the name of JESUS
and believing from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead , THEY SHALL BE SAVED . But if one rejects , IT is the the fiery
depths of the righteous judgment of GOD in the lake filled full of fire . SEE how simple it is to be saved . JESUS CHRIST
THE HOLY KING , THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE . THE CHRIST , the MESSIAH . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
MY soul is fired up again . LET THE KING BE PRAISED . POINTING TO JESUS BRINGS MY SOUL ALL JOY and to hear others doing the same
MAKES my soul fat and happy .

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all we can do friend . ALL we can . POINT TO JESUS . For i tell us all , HE ALONE is the ONLY HOPE
THE ONLY SAVOIR , THE ONLY REDEEMER , the ONLY WAY , THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and not one soul can come
unto the FATHER , lest by HIM . THE GOSPEL IS GOOD NEWS . AND if one believes , calling upon the name of JESUS
and believing from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead , THEY SHALL BE SAVED . But if one rejects , IT is the the fiery
depths of the righteous judgment of GOD in the lake filled full of fire . SEE how simple it is to be saved . JESUS CHRIST
THE HOLY KING , THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE . THE CHRIST , the MESSIAH . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
MY soul is fired up again . LET THE KING BE PRAISED . POINTING TO JESUS BRINGS MY SOUL ALL JOY and to hear others doing the same
MAKES my soul fat and happy .
Amen brother.

Reactions: amigo de christo