Can the Soul Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask a lexicon-

There is a kind of supreme arrogance and childishness in your posts. You aren't getting what you asked for but what you need. You just don't like what you need!

I asked YOU where YOU got that definition you are "claiming" represents scripture.

LOL. Since the internet came out decades ago I took the position that I am not going to define words for people. If you are too lazy to learn what words mean, that is on you! See above.

In addition, it is not even about definition! Why does it matter where I got it from? It doesn't. You'll just attack that also.

No, You are tap dancing around and avoiding ta direct answer. Go to 87 & 89 and review. Its not that I don't "hear"- its that you never answered any of it.

You are lost!

Q. Can souls die?
A. Yes.

I am not going to explain to your satisfaction why these are the answers. No tap dancing. You cannot even give me credit for actually answering the question. Instead you pretend only the follow up questions on the explanation are what matter, e.g., Post # 87 & 89. Nonsense!

And now you are not answering my question.

What part of, "Yes, souls can die" do you not understand?

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a kind of supreme arrogance and childishness in your posts. You aren't getting what you asked for but what you need. You just don't like what you need!

LOL. Since the internet came out decades ago I took the position that I am not going to define words for people. If you are too lazy to learn what words mean, that is on you! See above.

In addition, it is not even about definition! Why does it matter where I got it from?

With all that waffling, you need to open a restaurant.

Still not direct answer to a direct question yet.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a precious STATEMENT!!!!
It is an abominable heresy in that it assigns to God the most despicable of characters that sinful man can devise... Never ending torture. Anyone who believes that their God would even contemplate such a thing, have not asked Him His plans, but have believed Satan's lie that sinners don't really die
KJV Genesis 3:4, and have blindly accepted the Catholic medieval fable designed to scare the ignorant into the church. There are several Catholic Antichrist dogmas that Protestantism inherited... Eternal torment should have been the first to go.
The word of God teaches that the soul is eternal
Where?

so they got what the deserved.
You genuinely believe someone deserves to suffer in fire without end? How many in your family are not believers? What have they done in their short life to deserve eternal torment?

there is no injustice.
The only injustice is your mischaracterisation of who God is.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No actually by what's written, "eternal punishing" is closer to the meaning. In saying, "eternal torment", the torment is forever.

Much love!
There are some in this forum who I would rank as genuine Bible scholars. You, Hidden, and one or two others. But it shocks and saddens me when I see you cleave to such a disgraceful belief that so totally misrepresents the God of the Bible. "More closely" does not cut it when compared to the damage you and others are doing to God's reputation and character. Just gotta to show... Even the best of us can be wrong.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is an abominable heresy in that it assigns to God the most despicable of characters that sinful man can devise... Never ending torture. Anyone who believes that their God would even contemplate such a thing, have not asked Him His plans, but have believed Satan's lie that sinners don't really die
KJV Genesis 3:4, and have blindly accepted the Catholic medieval fable designed to scare the ignorant into the church. There are several Catholic Antichrist dogmas that Protestantism inherited... Eternal torment should have been the first to go.
I don't even remember what I quoted on... so WOW.... but from your words... I take it you are talking about belief in eternal separation from God... YEP... I do believe that because that is what it says in the bible... Our chance is on this earth... God is patient... and kind and desires that NO man should perish... all we have to do is accept that JESUS is GOD and that HE died... paid a high price with His precious blood for our sins.
I have NOT blindly accepted ANYTHING from the Catholic church... thank you very much.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful denial. I've given the direct answer multiple times. Yes, souls can die.

I'm not explaining why this is the answer more than I already have. Look up petulance while you are at it.

Can you read? Can you comprehend the English language?

That was long answered, I specifically addressed posts 87&89 and those questions. You have avoided them all.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some in this forum who I would rank as genuine Bible scholars. You, Hidden, and one or two others. But it shocks and saddens me when I see you cleave to such a disgraceful belief that so totally misrepresents the God of the Bible. "More closely" does not cut it when compared to the damage you and others are doing to God's reputation and character. Just gotta to show... Even the best of us can be wrong.
The word usage argues for an ongoing punishing of torment. That's all I can offer you.

Much love!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Backlit ... This is not a conversation I desire to have on this thread... there is enough arrogance here and I want no part of it...
I obviously made a random comment as I often do on someone's post. I do have the right to like someone's contributions... so if I said
it was Brilliant... I must have liked it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't even remember what I quoted on... so WOW.... but from your words... I take it you are talking about belief in eternal separation from God... YEP... I do believe that because that is what it says in the bible... Our chance is on this earth... God is patient... and kind and desires that NO man should perish... all we have to do is accept that JESUS is GOD and that HE died... paid a high price with His precious blood for our sins.
I have NOT blindly accepted ANYTHING from the Catholic church... thank you very much.
You said, "what a precious statement" in response to another poster confirming his absolute certainty of eternal torment as being a just reward for the wicked. I happen to be quite extreme in my personal despising of that particular doctrine, because of the damage it incurs upon the character of God. And it is a doctrine most cherished within Catholicism.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not getting it. It's eternal punishment... Not eternal punishing.
A distinction without a difference. Our just and righteous God allows those that reject HIS grace offer to have what they'd rather have, indeed what they deserve: eternal conscious punishment.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You said, "what a precious statement" in response to another poster confirming his absolute certainty of eternal torment as being a just reward for the wicked. I happen to be quite extreme in my personal despising of that particular doctrine, because of the damage it incurs upon the character of God. And it is a doctrine most cherished within Catholicism.
I don't cherish ANYTHING from Catholicism... I don't have a problem with eternal torment... because I believe GOD is JUST.... there are certain things that are so EVIL they must burn... I don't know what it all entails... I don't meditate on it... but what I know is that CHRIST's BLOOD is NOT something to be MOCKED.... for those who MOCK the Blood of Christ... How long is JUST punishment?
My belief is that our lives matter... GOD loves ALL MANKIND... we all have a CHOICE... and NONE of us knows what happens on anyone's DEATH bed.... It's NONE of my business... but I do believe it is for eternity... I did NOT get this belief from the Catholic church... If you have read any of my posts... you will understand that I have NO love for this institution.

The above is all I have to say on this matter.... Be blessed.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit ... This is not a conversation I desire to have on this thread... there is enough arrogance here and I want no part of it...
I obviously made a random comment as I often do on someone's post. I do have the right to like someone's contributions... so if I said
it was Brilliant... I must have liked it.
"Please Report Heresy"

I am sure many may get offended by the way I approach this subject, but I make no apologies for that. It's just me being transparently honest about that particular so called Christian doctrine. I hate it.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sure many may get offended by the way I approach this subject, but I make no apologies for that. It's just me being transparently honest about that particular so called Christian doctrine. I hate it.
You do not offend me.. we have taken the time to get to know each other a little... I don't have patience for others who choose to demean others... and that is happening....