Can the Soul Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oxygenated air already existed by virtue of the God created process of photosynthesis. It's not a religious view that I have, it's the truth.
Actually, Photosynthesis is the process of converting the atom of Carbon Dioxide back into the atom of Oxygen.
So the real truth is, God Created all the atoms of all the elements of the Earth.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm gonna pas on any more of this. You appear as though you are in some form of cult. What is your denomination?
No! The cultish view is to want to believe that humankind was given an "eternal soul", which is based on main line "religious beliefs" and not that of biblical beliefs.

Reactions: Brakelite

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: GEN2REV

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW's are antichrist. You deny the deity incarnate God Jesus Christ, and you call HIM a created being - Michael the angel. You must repent.

Incarnation is a demonic teaching that you cling too. It certainly can't be found in the Bible. Claiming God died means you reject that Christ died for our sins in (1 Corinthians 15:3)

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that's right.
Thank you! I believe you are correct! I side stepped in the process of my words of what Photosynthesis is defined as.
Sorry about that.

Oxygen is a by product of that process.
Photosynthesis:
the process by which green plants and some other organisms use sunlight to synthesize foods from carbon dioxide and water. Photosynthesis in plants generally involves the green pigment chlorophyll and generates oxygen as a byproduct.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever cult you're in (SDA, JW's, LDS), get out now.
I am not in any of them that you say!
It just may be YOU that is in a cultish belief system of church doctrine, that is taught by both the RCC and main line Protestantism.
I'm telling you to leave your particular denomination, only that you re-think what you have been TAUGHT in error unknowingly!

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incarnation is a demonic teaching that you cling too. It certainly can't be found in the Bible. Claiming God died means you reject that Christ died for our sins in (1 Corinthians 15:3)

You're a cult and you're lost. Repent before you aren't able.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not in any of them that you say!
It just may be YOU that is in a cultish belief system of church doctrine, that is taught by both the RCC and main line Protestantism.
I'm telling you to leave your particular denomination, only that you re-think what you have been TAUGHT in error unknowingly!
I believe the inerrant word of God. Not a man made religious system.

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Did a little research —

The word translated "breathed" is naphach, which means to "inflate," as in God inflated Adam's lungs. But the word translated "breath" is neshamah, which means "divine inspiration," "intellect," "soul" or "spirit."

So could it be that God not only inflated Adam's lungs with "air" but also placed in him his spiritual body?

The apostle Paul makes it very clear in 1 Cor. 15 that we have a flesh body now and as soon as we die, we will receive a spiritual body. (but I think Adam lost his spiritual body when he sinned.)

Just some thoughts, jb

Last edited:

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14.

"Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory." 1 Timothy 3:16.

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation" Colossians 1:15.

"For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell," Colossians 1:19.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men." John 1:1-5

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14.

"Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory." 1 Timothy 3:16.

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation" Colossians 1:15.

"For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell," Colossians 1:19.

All these prove you are Wrong. So what...

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” John 10:17-18.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” John 10:17-18.

Again the scripture shows that Jesus isn't God.