Can there be obedience where there is a lack of trust?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so iow i'm not going to get any answers, ok
ha what answer did i even get, that you say i don't like? not counting the two evasive ones? quote it

I got to run to work for a few hours now...I'll bookmark this and try to find it when I get back.
We have gone back and forth on this before...probably more than once :)
We have agreed to differ....
But I'' try and come back later...
It was probably all in the thread we used to have on Works, Law, V Grace etc
I can't remember what it was called now.

Later.....H

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so iow i'm not going to get any answers, ok
ha what answer did i even get, that you say i don't like? not counting the two evasive ones? quote it

Sorry...yesterday was a mess and I never did get back on here.
Answering now.

Firstly I’ll say it is not my place to try and persuade anyone else....so I am not! :)

It is my place to "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you …."1 Peter 3:15

(As I have said before..and you probably won’t like it this time any better. :) )

For the first 20 years of my christian life , I tried hard to be a good christian…doing all the 'right' things , saying all the right things and trying to please God. I never once doubted that I was 'going to heaven'…but I often doubted if God really loved me…and I was always afraid that I wasn’t being pleasing to Him enough.

Then a close friend dripped some grace truth out ( had done for years) but this time it found a landing place. I started studying it and doing even more praying than actual studying....
I could not get away from Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death….”
The Lord brought me back and back again to it.

The scripture goes on saying- ... what the law couldn’t do because of the weakness of man flesh…God did by sending Jesus!! Wow…I could not ever get away from that…morning and night it rolled over and over within me.

I then heard God say ( and yes I am sure you are rolling your eyes, but He did).... “ No, you can’t do it, but I CAN!!”

I then understood what being “in Christ” was all about!! \0/ \0/ \0/

As I’ve said before…you tend to only see Law/works... OR Grace…but it is both, it is not work v grace, or law v grace...it is both!!! We do because we love, we do not do to become.

The only law we are called to keep is Love. Love is the fulfilling of the 10 commandments …because if we do really love…all those commandments are in our heart , within love, and we will KEEP all, with no sweat, effortlessly. Because the strength has switched from us to His...His strength.

Matt 22:36 "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." The Ten are within Love.

This is grace with accountability…..love does no hurt…The heart ❤️governs the life.
Love is the leash that keeps us in God's hand…Grace does not “do it’s own thing” as you seem to believe.
Love is the harness on the ‘old man’ and sets to 'new man’ free before God.

Obviously because many of your comments….you must have have met people who say or act as if grace is just total freedom , period….
Which actually it is....but Paul didn't just leave it there...he said do not use grace as freedom of the flesh.
That is why I often say that people who live like that do NOT understand grace. Grace is as Paul preached in the famous Corinthians 13 chapter…. ..anything without love is nothing, but become as a sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. I am nothing, profit nothing, and just a big puff of nothing.

them's my thoughts ...