Can we forgive as Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This video touched my heart. I have been harboring hate for Dems, liberals, Fauci, my Gov etc. I as a believer have to willing to forgive them all which is not going to be easy. I forgive those here who hate me because I am a Traditional Christian

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

This video touched my heart. I have been harboring hate for Dems, liberals, Fauci, my Gov etc. I as a believer have to willing to forgive them all which is not going to be easy. I forgive those here who hate me because I am a Traditional Christian

That was beautiful.
It's easy to forgive someone who apologises but to forgive someone who hasnt apologized is a real test especially multiple times.

Or how about a system like the Democrat party, is it even possible to forgive say the justice system or a police system or a political party... This is complex in my mind. Forgiving people vs forgiving things... To be honest I still resent society and the justice system. I'm not too sure how to forgive something that isn't a human or an animal at least...

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or how about a system like the Democrat party, is it even possible to forgive say the justice system or a police system or a political party...

You can forgive people of a specific prejudice or ideology. Jesus did, after all.

Reactions: amadeus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you seen my other post from last night you know I said I hate. Today in our Scripture readings we had Psalm 139:

Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.
Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.

While I can and must forgive, I can be like King David and hate God's enemies

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you seen my other post from last night you know I said I hate. Today in our Scripture readings we had Psalm 139:

Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.
Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.

While I can and must forgive, I can be like King David and hate God's enemies

Yes I did remember that post u made and was almost going to mention it but it's really not my business I thought. It's between u and God

Reactions: historyb