Can We Honor Jesus Christ Through His Mother Mary? a debate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - you are commanded in Scripture to share the truth (! Pet. 3:15).
If somebody asks you a question - you are BOUND by the Word of God to help them understand.

I can't believe you're threatening me with scripture. After 24 pages of name calling, do you know how pathetic that is?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't believe you're threatening me with scripture. After 24 pages of name calling, do you know how pathetic that is?
Who is "threatening" you??
I just told you what Scripture says.

Are you threatened by the Word o God??
Now that's pathetic . . .

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1049573-svatovaclavska-pou-ve-stare-boleslavi1.jpg

Asking that skull to speak on your behalf is a sin.

Satisfied?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
None that allows image worship.
Not worshipping an image. You say that but cannot prove it. It's just your opinion.

You haven't shown anyone worshipping an image.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asking that skull to speak on your behalf is a sin.

Satisfied?
So, you believe that the Bishop is asking the dead skull to pray for him?
Is that what you really believe??

If you believe that - then you failed the IQ portion of the test because this has been explained to you in such simplistic detail that even a 3rd grader can understand. I know this because I taught a class of 3rd grade catechism students - and they ALL were able to grasp this.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you believe that the Bishop is asking the dead skull to pray for him?

I don't know what that particular bishop is doing, but I do know that people show honor to that thing. You have failed to show me where the scriptures allow for such behavior.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not worshipping an image. You say that but cannot prove it. It's just your opinion.

Ok, forget the worship, show me the scriptures that allow you to show special honor to images.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, forget the worship, show me the scriptures that allow you to show special honor to images.

Show me from scripture where it says that everything we do must be written in scripture first.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what that particular bishop is doing, but I do know that people show honor to that thing. You have failed to show me where the scriptures allow for such behavior.
Sooooo . . . you DON'T know what the Bishop in the picture is doing - yet, in Post #411, YOU stated:
"Worshiping the dead."

Why would you lie??
If you don't know what he's doing - why would you say that??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh, no - I won't forget about the charge about "worship" because YOU made this asinine claim.
YOU need to rescind your remark for this conversation to continue.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says that after Solomon placed statues in the Holy of Holies - the glory of the Lord filled the Temple. This shows that God gave divine approval to everything in the Temple, including the large cherubim statues (1 Kings 8:10-11). If God had rejected the large cherubim statues, He would have destroyed them as he destroyed the Dagon idol in 1 Samuel 5:1-5.

STUDY your Bible and LEARN what it says.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mungo,

What's he doing with that skull? Seriously, I would like to know. It does seem rather bizzare... I'd even say it macabre.

So what's going on here?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mungo,

What's he doing with that skull? Seriously, I would like to know. It does seem rather bizzare... I'd even say it macabre.

So what's going on here?

Sorry FHII, I didn't notice it was you. I just assumed it was Job.

Answer to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreadOfLife

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
FHII
I think the skull is that of Saint Wenceslaus who was king of Bohemia. He was a devout Christian, a goof rules and friend of the Church. He was murdered by his brother.

I think it is part of a procession to to show the relic, presumably on his feast day (Sep 28, the date of his death).