Can We Honor Jesus Christ Through His Mother Mary? a debate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you admit you do not know what is going on.

So how can you claim he is worshipping?
I made no such claim. Mungo... I am on your side on this one as I've said countless times. Once again, under grace I do believe you can have statues pictures etc as long as you aren't worshipping them. And if you say you aren't doing that, I will take your word for it.

I just honestly want to know what's going on here.

As a sidenote, I can understan your skepticism toward me due to a long history. But in the past 2 or 3 months my approach has been different. I attack nobody personally; I will debate doctrine based on scripture. (Whether you agree with it or not is fine... Then it becomes a meanful discussion) and I haven't attack any denomination at all. I have barely even uttered the word "catholic"... Only doing so when it is needed and not to attack it.

So if that false charge is based on past reputation or perhaps its just tough to keep the scorecard straight, I understand. But otherwise... Just think again before trying to do that.

Reactions: aspen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me from scripture where it says that everything we do must be written in scripture first.

I didn't say everything we do must be written in scripture first. I'm bringing up things that are a violation of scripture, such as images.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII
I think the skull is that of Saint Wenceslaus who was king of Bohemia. He was a devout Christian, a goof rules and friend of the Church. He was murdered by his brother.

I think it is part of a procession to to show the relic, presumably on his feast day (Sep 28, the date of his death).
Ok. Fair enough. I still think its a bit creepy but to each his own. I assume he wasn't a goof. Just a typo, right?

If thats the story I don't see what there is to worship him about. A bit disturbing for me, but no worshipping.

Do relics in general have any religious roll? I've heard it was a belief that gazing on them could cut time in pergatory. Is that true?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made no such claim. Mungo... I am on your side on this one as I've said countless times. Once again, under grace I do believe you can have statues pictures etc as long as you aren't worshipping them. And if you say you aren't doing that, I will take your word for it.

I just honestly want to know what's going on here.

As a sidenote, I can understan your skepticism toward me due to a long history. But in the past 2 or 3 months my approach has been different. I attack nobody personally; I will debate doctrine based on scripture. (Whether you agree with it or not is fine... Then it becomes a meanful discussion) and I haven't attack any denomination at all. I have barely even uttered the word "catholic"... Only doing so when it is needed and not to attack it.

So if that false charge is based on past reputation or perhaps its just tough to keep the scorecard straight, I understand. But otherwise... Just think again before trying to do that.

This is a good approach and a goal I would like to pursue, as well

Reactions: FHII

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, relics make sense theologically, but my focus is elsewhere

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, that destroys all my credibility. You should ignore me.
You're not that lucky.
I'd rather expose your lies - not ignore them.

There are too many people who come here seeking the truth and I would be remiss if I let them be seduced by your falsehoods.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say everything we do must be written in scripture first. I'm bringing up things that are a violation of scripture, such as images.
But they're not.
Show me the chapter and verse - and Book that condemns images.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember this?
Yup - I lied.
Annoying, ain't it??

YOU lie on almost every post and we've had to endure it.
Been a good time though. It's like shootin' fish in a barrel . . .