Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All of us are saved being basically ignorant and loaded down with baggage from our old lives. If one is saved while drinking, smoking, et cetera (we could name any particular sin or sins from our old lives), that doesn't mean immediately have a right Theological view or a right world view. This is usually accomplished over time in the process of Progressive Sanctification.

I will say that in our current time Doctrine and Practice has become a secondary issue for many. Don't we all search out the church that agrees with us? lol

We can be saved and ignorant, but we are commanded to learn of God, and when we do one of the most basic understandings is that murder is wrong. So in my opinion those who claim to have been saved for any length of time, if they are still supporting a godless worldview, should examine themselves, to see if they be in the faith or not. I think the church (not The Church), Modern Christendom, has suffered from a majority of false professions and been invaded by those who are not Christian...but merely religious. This is in large part due to the poor quality of leadership which is nothing new. This was the state when Christ arrived the first time, and it is without question that this will be the state prior to the Tribulation and His Second Coming.

Yes, one can be saved and be pro-choice, but...I do not believe the Lord will allow them
to remain that way.God bless.

I don’t believe that pro choice and pro-abortion have much to do with each other

I am pro-choice for me and anyone else. I have no right to interfere with choices made by others, and I will make the choices Appropriate for me, notwithstanding, at 80 years is age this not something that keeps me awake at night.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can't accept abortion because it involves the shedding of innocent blood...

Family planning, I agree with. Deciding how many children you want I don't thing is wrong although I also respect the idea of just letting God decide too (if you are healthy and strong that is. I don't think God condemns a disabled or chronically health conditioned person for being childfree or putting a limit on how big a family is).

some contraceptives like some forms of BC pill can be considered abortificent. I would struggle with that unless on them for medical reasons. That said, God is far more understanding than I could ever be!