CAN YOU BE SAVED AND NOT LOVE JESUS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are what we eat. If we consume Truth, we become Truth and the log is taken from our eye. When we become Truth as jesus did, we become something healthy of which other people can consume. Call it "healthy knowlage" rich in life and truth. This is the meaning of the bread.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true, of course, but I would like to remind the reader of what Jesus said regarding our work for him, just so that they don't come away with the mistaken belief that they are required to do things.

John 6:29
Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

"Requiring" to do something against our nature is LAW. We are not under the law. Our nature is born again, and made perfect by the author and finisher of our faith, and we are required to be holy. 1 Peter 1:16. Don't be fooled by false teachers that gloss over the gospel. The gospel is the power of God through the Holy Spirit and we are NOT IN THE FLESH but in the Spirit IF we have the Spirit of Christ in us. If we continue to do evil, but say we love Jesus, we are liars.

John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; … 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking another question I've added to the OP

How much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ?
But if we have to(have our head chopped off for Christ) know that we will not stand there alone. If it be His will, then His will be done.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can love him as a friend, but you are right, we can't love him enough to die for him if we are not saved.

So how much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ? That's a good question to ask.
Peter denied him when his life was in danger.

i would not want to think I had more faith that peter. Who walked with Jesus and saw all he did

just saying

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Requiring" to do something against our nature is LAW. We are not under the law. Our nature is born again, and made perfect by the author and finisher of our faith, and we are required to be holy. 1 Peter 1:16. Don't be fooled by false teachers that gloss over the gospel. The gospel is the power of God through the Holy Spirit and we are NOT IN THE FLESH but in the Spirit IF we have the Spirit of Christ in us. If we continue to do evil, but say we love Jesus, we are liars.

John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; … 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words.
We are definitely required to do things. To think that we just kick back and do nothing is exactly what mass religious body's want us to do. To stay in a passive state of conciousness there for easy to manipulate and controll. We must seek truth and truth only, even when it comes uncomfortable, this is spiritual growth which was never ment to be for one minute easy. And there are laws, not the laws of man but the un changing/eternal laws of god and nature of which we have no choice but to abide by. Natural law is in a sence God himself or is the very essence of what real truth is.

Don't be naive, don't be ignorant.

The truth will piss you off, but then it will set you free.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are definitely required to do things. To think that we just kick back and do nothing is exactly what mass religious body's want us to do. To stay in a passive state of conciousness there for easy to manipulate and controll. We must seek truth and truth only, even when it comes uncomfortable, this is spiritual growth which was never ment to be for one minute easy. And there are laws, not the laws of man but the un changing/eternal laws of god and nature of which we have no choice but to abide by. Natural law is in a sence God himself or is the very essence of what real truth is.

Don't be naive, don't be ignorant.

The truth will piss you off, but then it will set you free.

Did you know that the eternal law that the Ten Commandments were fashioned after are deeper than the Old Covenant Ten Commandments Exodus 34:28? That is why the New Covenant is completely different in the way we keep God's eternal laws.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are definitely required to do things.
In Genesis God said "Be fruitful", which is to create good fruits or deeds that are pleasing to him. Yes, it's good that we do good for others, but that's not what brings salvation. Let's be real. Most of the people on this message board believe in Christ and probably do little to nothing to help others, but they're still saved.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you know that the eternal law that the Ten Commandments were fashioned after are deeper than the Old Covenant Ten Commandments Exodus 34:28? That is why the New Covenant is completely different in the way we keep God's eternal laws.
What i know is that God and eternal law has be around for eternity. And weather we choose acknowledge and align ourself with it is completely up to us.

Truth:
Static, Unchanging, Consequential, Un discriminatory, eternal and unseen Laws of God and nature.

Our alignment with the truth:
Dynamic, subject to change, finite perspective of what truth is. Or

Free will.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What i know is that God and eternal law has be around for eternity. And weather we choose acknowledge and align ourself with it is completely up to us.

Truth:
Static, Unchanging, Consequential, Un discriminatory, eternal and unseen Laws of God and nature.

Our alignment with the truth:
Dynamic, subject to change, finite perspective of what truth is. Or

Free will.
The Ten Commandments are holy, but Christians are not under them. Why? Ask yourself why they were given, and for how long? Do you need a hint, like in a scripture?

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Ten Commandments are holy, but Christians are not under them. Why? Ask yourself why they were given, and for how long? Do you need a hint, like in a scripture?
This is man trying to relate to the eternal law. Its simple. Man's perspective and alignment to Gods law was different than it is now. Gods law doesn't change and never has. Ours however dose and this is an example

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simply put, jesus had a better alignment with this eternal law and the truth and changed the perspective of human kind. But like I said before, The truth will piss you off before it sets you free and jesus seemed to have this affect on the keepera of Jewish law. Hence his crucifiction

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When our beliefe system is disrupted, we become uncomfortable. When we let go of our beliefe in faith we closer our alignment with the truth. A shift in consiousness and spiritual growth will always be uncomfortable. If you protect your own beliefe to harshly or if you stay stern in beliefe don't expect to change. Truth comes through change, change is uncomfortable.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is man trying to relate to the eternal law. Its simple. Man's perspective and alignment to Gods law was different than it is now. Gods law doesn't change and never has. Ours however dose and this is an example

Sinners are UNDER the Ten Commandments. Are Christians sinners? I guess that is something you need to ask yourself. If we are cleansed of all unrigheousness, are we with sin, or without sin?