Can you prove it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That very much depends on your definition of "God"

Can you prove that Hitler was a bad or evil man?

The only true definition of God, is God's Definition of Truth.
If you are a secularist or a pragmatist or an atheist, then you don't have any real concept of Truth as existing as a moral reality.
Your idea of truth would be....."whatever you feell", or "whatever you think"
So, to you, if you are this type, then your God is your opinion.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, in monotheistic thought, is conceived of as the supreme being, creator deity, and principal object of faith. God is usually conceived as being omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing), omnipresent (all-present) and omnibenevolent (all-good) as well as having an eternal and necessary existence.

The true and absolute supreme God has four most important personal virtues. He is all-Gracious, He is all-kind, He is all-Blissful (and all-loving) and, with all of His virtues, He is omnipresent. Apart from that He is also almighty because the mighty power maya is under Him. He is the creator because He enlivens the power, maya, which manifests the universe, He is omniscient because He knows each and every action of the unlimited lives of all the unlimited souls of this universe; and so on.

Whetstone

Feb 10, 2021
Out There Somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only true definition of God, is God's Definition of Truth.
If you are a secularist or a pragmatist or an atheist, then you don't have any real concept of Truth as existing as a moral reality.
Your idea of truth would be....."whatever you feell", or "whatever you think"
So, to you, if you are this type, then your God is your opinion.

You simply evaded my question there which suggests you are struggling to answer in some way.

You said it was impossible to disprove "God".

I asked you:

"Is it possible to prove that Hitler was a bad or evil man?"

Can you answer this?

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be the most evil person, you have to:

1. Know that you are causing suffering and death and with malice aforethought, engage in an evil act (your conscience telling you it is evil), with the intent of causing suffering and death.
  2. Planning ahead and laying in wait adds to the severity, because you have time to consider what you are doing.
  3. The more people you plan to harm and kill, the more severe the level of evil.
Hitler hated not just Jews, but communists, disabled people, Romanis, the mentally retarded, Slavs, blacks, and others. Essentially he believed that some should be outright exterminated, like Jews, whereas blacks could be permitted to live as slaves. He believed the Aryans were genetically superior to others. In order to agree to his Final Solution, he dehumanized people simply for being inferior in his mind. These were innocent human beings, including children. To have that level of cold, unfeeling regard for other human beings is as evil, and he was comfortable with exterminating millions.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you prove that 2+2=4? Can you prove that the Earth revolves around the sun? Can you prove that petroleum is flammable? Can you prove that Jesus loves you? What I'm getting down to is, if it's true then you can prove it; but if you say that something is a fact but can't offer any proof to substantiate it as fact, then how can anybody know that it is fact? If I claim that Mount Annapurna is the tallest mountain, above sea level, in the world then I should be able to prove it. Actually everything on the planet that mankind holds to be fact can be substantiated by evidence. That is everything except the greatest false belief in the world (christianity). Here I am claiming that christianity is untrue, can I prove it? Yes I can. The foundation of your entire socioeconomic world order is a falsehood, and I can prove it

No.

...I trust Gods Word is True...because "I Elect to believe"...

BY the Same measure...you may "Elect to believe Gods Word is not true"

You cannot not PROVE your belief ... Is any more or less True Than MY Belief.

You can demand all day long that You want me to Prove my Belief TO YOU....while you YOU yourself can NOT Prove YOUR belief to me!

When DEMANDS are "Equal" ...
Then a debate can ensue.
So you go first ...it's your challenge...
Prove Gods Word is Not True.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you prove that 2+2=4? Can you prove that the Earth revolves around the sun? Can you prove that petroleum is flammable? Can you prove that Jesus loves you? What I'm getting down to is, if it's true then you can prove it; but if you say that something is a fact but can't offer any proof to substantiate it as fact, then how can anybody know that it is fact? If I claim that Mount Annapurna is the tallest mountain, above sea level, in the world then I should be able to prove it. Actually everything on the planet that mankind holds to be fact can be substantiated by evidence. That is everything except the greatest false belief in the world (christianity). Here I am claiming that christianity is untrue, can I prove it? Yes I can. The foundation of your entire socioeconomic world order is a falsehood, and I can prove it
You are absolutely wrong. The invisible attributes of God that we share can be demonstrated but not put under a microscope.
We are made in His image. What does that mean? We have a mind, volition, emotions, creative abilities and a spirit. We also have faith, hope, peace and love.
You can't prove what a person is thinking if he doesn't tell you verbally, in writing or with body language. If they dissected Einstein's brain would they find thoughts and ideas, proof of high intellect? You can hook up electrodes to brains and see activity. There are neurotransmitters, chemicals passing throughout to direct and control your body.
The future is unknown to man unless God tells us what will happen. All prophesy could not possibly be proven true until it was fulfilled and Biblical prophecy has been. God knows the day you will die, you don't ... well unless you planned to kill yourself. And btw, He knows who will do such things.

Many atheists have tried to disprove Jesus, who He is and the miracles he performed and continues to perform. Lee Strobel was an award winning journalist (think he had a law degree as well), who was an atheist. He sought out to disprove Jesus and over-turn Christianity. When he honestly looked at the evidence, it was over-whelmingly in Jesus favor. The stories weren't myths, there were eye witness accounts to Him and his miracles. Two books:
"A Case For Christ" and "A Case For Faith". In these books he addresses many communications but goes to the most brilliant minds to interview them - pick their brains. Josh McDowell also wrote a couple book, "Evidence That Demands A Verdict" and "More Than A Carpenter".
If you want to examine what other more intelligent people have discovered, I would recommend any of those books. " you owe it to yourself to give Jesus the benefit of your doubts.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You simply evaded my question there which suggests you are struggling to answer in some way.

You said it was impossible to disprove "God".

I asked you:

"Is it possible to prove that Hitler was a bad or evil man?"

Can you answer this?

I think you are struggling with the answer, but, that's ok, as you are trying to learn.

So, about Hitler..... He was as evil as everyone else, who is ever born not of a Virgin.
There are "none Good' according to God.
Including Hitler.
Including all of us..
See, God is the standard regarding "Holy", and that is God's idea of "good", vs" bad" or Good vs Evil.

So, all people as compared to each other, can be esteemed better or worse then the rest.
But when anyone is compared to God, then everyone is dirty, filthy, rotten, and "bad" and "evil".

Its also an "evil Heart" that is found in anyone who does not Believe in Jesus.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a pretty judgmental statement, what makes you think that I'm an atheist? Is it because I don't believe that Jesus is going to go out of his way for a bunch of murdering pedophiles?

You're not talking about the true Christian church when you say this. You're talking about cults and probably the Catholic church, which most Christians are against many common Roman Catholic practices.

Someone asked me once why God allows bad things to happen on the earth if he exists. What makes you think 70-90 years on earth and sometimes even shorter is anything in comparison to life in eternity? It's a speck. You're here for a moment and then you're gone.

The questions are all the same. "What about murder? What about pedophiles? What about starvation in other countries? What about diseases?"

These are all parts of a fallen world. We're not in Heaven. Murder, rape, abuse are all practiced by people who don't love God and refuse to stick to his commands. They're not practiced by people who love him. They're caused by people with a wickedness of heart and by those who hate God's commandments. It's mainly Christians who work as missionaries to feed the sick and the poor, and they'll ignore that, too.

I don't care what a person calls themselves. We know the truth. 1 John 4:20, "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen."

I don't need to prove ANYTHING. I agree with Charles Spurgeon. "The Word of God is like a lion. You don't have to defend a lion. All you have to do is let the lion loose, and the lion will defend itself.” That's up to you to go after yourself. You won't find anything out of it until you make an effort to sit down and listen.

Reactions: amadeus

Whetstone

Feb 10, 2021
Out There Somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, about Hitler..... He was as evil as everyone else, who is ever born not of a Virgin.
There are "none Good' according to God.
Including Hitler.
Including all of us..

An interesting concept you have there. A kind of binary black and white view of what bad and evil is. So to your mind we are all as inherently wicked, perverted and evil as Hitler and Jimmy Savile?

I find it difficult to gel with that view TBH.

The logical destination of such thinking is that it doesn't matter what you do in your life. Whether you kill others or sexually abuse others or simply live a quiet honest life, in your eyes we are all the same or rather you believe that's how God perceives us.

See, God is the standard regarding "Holy", and that is God's idea of "good", vs" bad" or Good vs Evil.

Another interesting concept. Which "God" do you refer to here BTW? The God of the OT or the NT?

Call me Mr Picky but if someone chooses to set a standard and impose it on everyone else then I find it wholly reasonable to expect that person to set the example and live by those same standards and be the role model. If the standard for example was to not kill others, then I would expect the standard setter to equally not kill others. If the standard was to not engage in ethnic cleansing then equally I would expect the standard setter to also not engage in ethnic cleansing. If the standard setter operated on the basis of "Do as I say, not as I do" then I wouldn't personally feel inclined to go along with the regime TBH. That might result in my death of course, just as it might if I were to live in Saudi Arabia and refuse to convert to Islam. However one must live in truth and not in a lie. "To thine own self be true"

One of the key issues with the traditional literal interpretation of the Bible and Christianity is that people like Jimmy Savile who destroyed the lives of many innocent young children or Hitler and Himler who killed thousands, can enter the gates of Heaven with a simple prayer asking for forgiveness whereas a man who has done nothing but live in peace and helped others all their life but didn't make that prayer, will be damned to Hell. Indeed even those poor innocent children abused by Savile may themselves be consigned to Hell. There's something inherently "squiffy" about that whole set up that leads a rational mind to think that we must have somehow misinterpreted the Bible and gotten something wrong somewhere.

It's that understanding, and having the personal humility to consider that I may have interpreted things wrong, and may have been taught wrong by various churches from the outset, that allowed me to step back, reappraise and come to see the Bible in a completely different way nd thus began to see the allegorical and cryptic meanings that I had not seen before.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
An interesting concept you have there. A kind of binary black and white view of what bad and evil is. So to your mind we are all as inherently wicked, perverted and evil as Hitler and Jimmy Savile?

God said that none are Good.
Jesus said..>"if you being EVIL know how to give good gifts to your children";.... ect.
Jesus said.....>you are of your father the devil".
Hell is created so that Christ Rejectors have a place to end up, as they are not going to go to heaven after they die and be with the Family of God, who didn't reject Christ.

Have you noticed that you have a natural desire to do wrong, to sin, and to enjoy it?
Perhaps you are one of the most deceived who thinks..>>"there is no wrong or right".. ???
So, If you are honest, you'll realize this. If you are not, you'll pretend that you are "good".
So That normal proclivity you have to enjoy sin, is the devil's nature.
All are born with it, and we must be BORN AGAIN, Jesus Says, to exist OUT of that fallen and damned nature. John 3:36