Can't remember the original title

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You don’t believe that Jesus is real but you believe that there is a Mr or Miss universe?
He clearly believes there is something out there of some kind, of some nature which isn't really that much of a stretch. Likely beings that are more advanced than us. Not difficult to be more advanced than us wouldn't you say ?!!! That's the difference between rational critical thinking and the psychological nonsense peddled by the church. Plus whether or not Jesus was a real historical person doesn't equate to him being any kind of god or anything but another human being.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Simply not true

Simply not true. You've been had. Your body was designed as a self-sustaining mechanism. Your body currently replenishes/replaces every cell in it every 5-10 yrs. It takes that long because it's not getting the right fuel. It's been struggling since you were a child to keep up with basic life support functions because it has been cut off from its fuel supply. You're fuelling it with Earthly foods and drinks. What it needs is life energy. You get small amounts of this from the sun, the air you breathe and the food and drink you take in but that's massively insufficient. You need the real food, the "food of the gods", the nectar, Elixir of life, Philosopher's Stone. That's the real fuel you're suppose to have. Many of the characters in the bible had it. Noah, Jesus etc. We suffer because we don't have it. Those people failed to share it with humanity and kept it for themselves. That marks them as wicked and selfish. Power corrupts.
:jest::Ohpleze:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious zealots the world over are trying to scare people into Christianity using the age old psychological tricks that you displayed in your posts such as this:

"It won’t be a valid excuse when you stand before Christ, which - as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west - someday you will. You‘ll be judged by him based on what you’ve done"
What a confession! What is it about standing before Christ to judge you that you find scary? You know deep in your heart the truth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus were truly still here in human form or any other form then he would be visible and we would know it.
We do know that Jesus is truly here because he has made himself known to us. You keep denying this basic fact.

What you want is for Jesus to make himself visible for all to see. You don't always get what you want.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
And rightly so. It's an insidious psychological system of control that's been controlling people for 1000s of years in one form or another. Humanity must rid itself of this nonsense if it is to survive and evolve and if people are to be free. Those operating the system and all the useful idiots in the food chain will fight to the last to preserve their power and control.
It's believing itself that's the problem.
That's right. All the beliefs you still retain will ultimately distorts your reality. Doesn't matter what type of belief you may be cultivating. There's no belief that you can discover that will make life right. Never, ever, forever.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's believing itself that's the problem.
That's right. All the beliefs you still retain will ultimately distorts your reality. Doesn't matter what type of belief you may be cultivating, there's no belief that you can discover that will make life right. Never, ever, forever.
So, what is your beliefs?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Jesus himself commends those who believe in the one God (Yahweh) and asks his hearers to also believe in him (Jesus).

You don’t believe in him because you don’t believe he is real? You’re going to find out - live and in person - that he is, when you are resurrected from the grave.

In the meantime, you’re left doubting the existence of a person who is vouched for by the apostles, and others.

Do you doubt the existence of other historical figures whom you’ve not seen with your own eyes?

P.S.

Only cult leaders think like that. They need people to believe in there ideology, recommending not to look elsewhere other than suffer some type of ghastly punishment.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So, what is your beliefs?
You're basically saying "So, what is your assumption" Human beings are in conflict with each other due to accepting there assumptions are true. I better get on board with what everyone assumes, or suffer the consequences.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Your beef with Jesus is that you don’t believe him. Why don’t you believe him?
I must ask this. Why the obsession with wanting to know what it is people believe. I'll tell you what I believe (BS) that's right all my beliefs will forever be (BS)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Only cult leaders think like that. They need people to believe in their esus is a cult leaderideology, recommending not to look elsewhere other than suffer some type of ghastly punishment.

Jesus is a cult leader, in the best sense of the word.

Just for the record, I strongly advise people to read widely, read deeply, read thoughtfully and read critically. In other words, to look everywhere.

P.S.

Have you looked at the evidence for the historical existence of Jesus?

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I must ask this. Why the obsession with wanting to know what it is people believe. I'll tell you what I believe (BS) that's right all my beliefs will forever be (BS)

Why would anyone ever want to know what someone else believes?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
We do know that Jesus is truly here because he has made himself known to us. You keep denying this basic fact.

What you want is for Jesus to make himself visible for all to see. You don't always get what you want.

You know these types of faith experiences can manifest themselves externally to the host. Emotional phenomena that seemingly appears to be caused from an external source is likely the biggest component for the person validating what they believe in.
Jesus is a cult leader, in the best sense of the word.

Just for the record, I strongly advise people to read widely, read deeply, read thoughtfully and read critically. In other words, to look everywhere.

P.S.

Have you looked at the evidence for the historical existence of Jesus?
Yep.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Why would anyone ever want to know what someone else believes?
I think I'm in love with Bill Maher's brain, and I'm not even homosexual. Okay back to your question: Because belief needs friends to assume the same thing's.

Reactions: Lapidem

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I have trusted God with my life and I trust him with my death. Death is inevitable so for many years now I have prayed concerning my own and my husband's; that God will strengthen whichever one of us is left, and that he will provide comfort and a peaceful passing.
Before humans knew about believing in Jesus how did they meet the challenge of life and death?

Reactions: Lapidem

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think I'm in love with Bill Maher's brain, and I'm not even homosexual. Okay back to your question: Because belief needs friends to assume the same thing's.

That’s never been a reason I’ve ever asked anyone a question.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That’s never been a reason I’ve ever asked anyone a question.
You've never inquired as to what someone believes solely to find a weakness you can use to convince them to abandon their beliefs for yours?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You've never inquired as to what someone believes solely to find a weakness you can use to convince them to abandon their beliefs for yours?

No. Thanks for asking. Why did you?