Carnally Minded vs. Spiritually Minded

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. (Romans 8:5-8)

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. ( 1 Corinthians 2:4-5)

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (1 Corinthians 2:9-12)

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ;
(Ephesians 4:17-20)

There is a right way and a wrong way to approach the Almighty. One is by using the Carnal mind to understand Him, the Other is by the teaching of the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of God. The Carnal mind wants to Put God into the box of Human understanding, something a finite mind is incapable of doing of an Infinite God. The Other is to be Spiritually Minded, which is to understand the Greatness and sovereignty of Almighty God and to Know that we will never fully understand or Know all there is to know of Him.

The first way leads to the vanity of the mind, the Second way to us being an ever soaking sponge of divine revelation from the Spirit of God. It is easy to Spot those who are operating in the Vanity of the Mind, for they think they have all the answers, and condemn those who do not agree with them, they are "waterless clouds". But those who are Spiritually Minded are like a refreshing rain in the aridity of the wilderness of this world.

We are the vessels through which God Pours his love to the World. It is not what we do, But how we receive His love and are filled with it to overflowing. If we only receive His love to the top of the vessel, it will never flow to others, But if we continually receive His Love, there is more than enough for others.... The same is True of the Wisdom of God. If You think you can contain God in your carnal mind, You will never be able to teach others, But if are an ever filling vessel of the Wisdom of God, that will overflow to others.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ;

Living carnally means to live sinfully, and committing works of the flesh. We are warned against doing that, many times, by Paul.

Reactions: Two-Edged Sword

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride is invisible, it seems right, it feels good, and it blinds!
It is at the root of every personality conflict.

Bingo-
CONFLICT in any circumstances is a BATTLE.

~ The natural spirit of man, is his Hearts true thoughts.
~ The natural carnal mind, is his Brains thoughts....

The "Pharisee hypocrite syndrome"...
TRUST me....(Look at me, on Platform, my Clothing, my Adornments, my Fame).... DO AS I SAY...(DO NOT peek, behind closed doors and discover....that "I DO NOT DO", AS I SAY!)

VS...

TRUST me...DO AS I SAY...(and observe, that I DO AS I SAY!)

Parents, Teachers, Babysitters, Clerics, Neighbors, Govt's, etc.
Routinely Observed...Shiny on the outside..
Routinely Discovered...Dark on the inside (hiding behind lies and locked doors).

It is THAT which from a young age, a child is Taught to TRUST, does TRUST, and (everything changes)...when they discover that which they TRUST, IS a Fraud.

Save face, hide the secret, or expose the fraud??
CONFLICT....between the MIND and the HEART.

Unfortunately...such CONFLICTS routinely begin at very young ages.
Daddy loves mommy, mommy loves daddy...
But, but, but...daddy lies, cheats, sneaks, and mommy lies, cheats, sneaks....it's okay...
Me and daddy have lying secrets from mommy.
Me and mommy have lying secrets from daddy.
Mommy and daddy have lying secrets from eachother, from G-parents, from neighbors, from lenders, from friends, from employers, from govt's, from teachers, from clerics...etc.
* It's okay...I hear all the tid-bits..."I'm" in the loop.
* ...HEY...WAIT A MINUTE...ah ha moment *
G-parents, lenders, friends, employers, govt' reps, teachers, clerics....are all mommy's and daddy's too...sneaky, lying secret.
....and WHAT about ME? (Behind my back, secrets? Lying to my face??)

* That's the day a child discovers...they are not "in the loop", they are "part of the loop"...
* That's the day the parents say..."What happened"??

* Little Billy was so sweet, obedient, one day, and "all of a sudden", over night, he is rebellious, lying, sneaking, cheating, failing in school, dressing differently, hangs with kids we do not know, drinking, drugs, stealing, means to siblings, pets, unhelpful....blah, blah, blah...
* ??? puzzled parents..."what happened" ???
* the blaming..."new friends fault"; "coaches fault"; "teachers fault"; "babysitters fault"; "g-parents fault"; "neighbors fault"...
* the soothing..."we didn't raise Billy like that"... (UH...yes you did!)
* the fix.."therapy", "meds", "rehabilitation", "counseling", "new school", "juvenile detention centers", "run away", "boot out", "sent to relatives"....

SEE the pattern...?
The "CHILD", IS the problem.
Someone else's "FAULT"...
Someone else "needs to FIX"...
The "CHILD", HAS a problem...it's CONFLICT..
(Between his MINDS truth and his HEARTS truth)

* This CONFLICT, was taught, learned, encouraged, rewarded, beginning with the very first persons a child TRUSTS...his parents.
* And NOW, the child is blamed, the parents bow out of responsibility with candid forthright confessing, asking the childs forgiveness, mending, fixing, repairing, broken TRUST.
* My personal opinion... the moment a child experiences Broken Trust with parents...(and that is never resolved)...that child will experience life long CONFLICT, between, his mind and heart, in all his relationships.
* Internal CONFLICT (Mind & Heart)...
* When the MIND is lying, the Heart knows it....= CONFLICT.
* When the very persons a child SHOULD be able to fully TRUST (ie parents)
And the child discovers parents LIED "TO HIM"...CONFLICT...TRUST compromised... nothing special about that relationship. :(
IMO, leads to Rebellion, heartache, sadness, depression, frustration, stress, anger, mental illness, organ failures, imbalance, etc. ie. the gambit of medical terms, meds, escape, hopelessness, troubles, bullying, suicides, etc.

Some, never mend relationships with their parents. Some, form relationships with others and DO to others, what was done to them, even steven....
Some, are fortunate and discover absolute Trust, Truth, Hope, Faithfulness, Friend, Promises Fulfilled, IN Christ the Lord Jesus.
Forgive Trespasses, Forget, Walk in a new Direction.
Amen.

Glory to God,
Taken

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bingo-
CONFLICT in any circumstances is a BATTLE.

~ The natural spirit of man, is his Hearts true thoughts.
~ The natural carnal mind, is his Brains thoughts....

The "Pharisee hypocrite syndrome"...
TRUST me....(Look at me, on Platform, my Clothing, my Adornments, my Fame).... DO AS I SAY...(DO NOT peek, behind closed doors and discover....that "I DO NOT DO", AS I SAY!)

VS...

TRUST me...DO AS I SAY...(and observe, that I DO AS I SAY!)

Parents, Teachers, Babysitters, Clerics, Neighbors, Govt's, etc.
Routinely Observed...Shiny on the outside..
Routinely Discovered...Dark on the inside (hiding behind lies and locked doors).

It is THAT which from a young age, a child is Taught to TRUST, does TRUST, and (everything changes)...when they discover that which they TRUST, IS a Fraud.

Save face, hide the secret, or expose the fraud??
CONFLICT....between the MIND and the HEART.

Unfortunately...such CONFLICTS routinely begin at very young ages.
Daddy loves mommy, mommy loves daddy...
But, but, but...daddy lies, cheats, sneaks, and mommy lies, cheats, sneaks....it's okay...
Me and daddy have lying secrets from mommy.
Me and mommy have lying secrets from daddy.
Mommy and daddy have lying secrets from eachother, from G-parents, from neighbors, from lenders, from friends, from employers, from govt's, from teachers, from clerics...etc.
* It's okay...I hear all the tid-bits..."I'm" in the loop.
* ...HEY...WAIT A MINUTE...ah ha moment *
G-parents, lenders, friends, employers, govt' reps, teachers, clerics....are all mommy's and daddy's too...sneaky, lying secret.
....and WHAT about ME? (Behind my back, secrets? Lying to my face??)

* That's the day a child discovers...they are not "in the loop", they are "part of the loop"...
* That's the day the parents say..."What happened"??

* Little Billy was so sweet, obedient, one day, and "all of a sudden", over night, he is rebellious, lying, sneaking, cheating, failing in school, dressing differently, hangs with kids we do not know, drinking, drugs, stealing, means to siblings, pets, unhelpful....blah, blah, blah...
* ??? puzzled parents..."what happened" ???
* the blaming..."new friends fault"; "coaches fault"; "teachers fault"; "babysitters fault"; "g-parents fault"; "neighbors fault"...
* the soothing..."we didn't raise Billy like that"... (UH...yes you did!)
* the fix.."therapy", "meds", "rehabilitation", "counseling", "new school", "juvenile detention centers", "run away", "boot out", "sent to relatives"....

SEE the pattern...?
The "CHILD", IS the problem.
Someone else's "FAULT"...
Someone else "needs to FIX"...
The "CHILD", HAS a problem...it's CONFLICT..
(Between his MINDS truth and his HEARTS truth)

* This CONFLICT, was taught, learned, encouraged, rewarded, beginning with the very first persons a child TRUSTS...his parents.
* And NOW, the child is blamed, the parents bow out of responsibility with candid forthright confessing, asking the childs forgiveness, mending, fixing, repairing, broken TRUST.
* My personal opinion... the moment a child experiences Broken Trust with parents...(and that is never resolved)...that child will experience life long CONFLICT, between, his mind and heart, in all his relationships.
* Internal CONFLICT (Mind & Heart)...
* When the MIND is lying, the Heart knows it....= CONFLICT.
* When the very persons a child SHOULD be able to fully TRUST (ie parents)
And the child discovers parents LIED "TO HIM"...CONFLICT...TRUST compromised... nothing special about that relationship. :(
IMO, leads to Rebellion, heartache, sadness, depression, frustration, stress, anger, mental illness, organ failures, imbalance, etc. ie. the gambit of medical terms, meds, escape, hopelessness, troubles, bullying, suicides, etc.

Some, never mend relationships with their parents. Some, form relationships with others and DO to others, what was done to them, even steven....
Some, are fortunate and discover absolute Trust, Truth, Hope, Faithfulness, Friend, Promises Fulfilled, IN Christ the Lord Jesus.
Forgive Trespasses, Forget, Walk in a new Direction.
Amen.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Taken